If you were a gambling man...

Started by Panache, May 20, 2014, 09:42:54 AM

Do you think the new 39-1 will be released before 01 June 2014?

Yes. I have faith.
12 (17.1%)
No. It won't happen.
41 (58.6%)
Kinda. It'll be another draft version released for comments.
7 (10%)
I hope not, as that is one of the pre-ordained signs of the Apocalypse.
10 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Voting closed: May 31, 2014, 09:42:54 AM

lordmonar

Yep...but in this case....no one can display their awards....so it is kind of a moot point.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

FlyTiger77

JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Shuman 14

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on May 29, 2014, 10:23:24 PM
Quote from: shuman14 on May 29, 2014, 08:00:44 PM
I always wear mine

For some reason, that wasn't surprising.

Why is that Sir?

Because I take the time to actually read the regulation and not follow the "tradition" most likely started by some school boy from upstate New York who couldn't shoot?

Earned is earned and worn within the regulations as written.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

lordmonar

Okay....up until the time the Activity Director or commander says..."UOD is short sleeve service or corporate uniforms no tie, no ribbons."

As for scoffing the traditions of our parent service.......you wonder why some people think they may not like us sometimes.

Eclipse

^You really want it both ways, don't you?

The ability to pretend there are two "equal" uniforms, and then this nonsense about officers not wearing decorations?

Scoffing at the parent service's traditions?  The parent service has said they don't want us to participate in their traditions.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on May 30, 2014, 12:59:46 AM
^You really want it both ways, don't you?

The ability to pretend there are two "equal" uniforms, and then this nonsense about officers not wearing decorations?

Scoffing at the parent service's traditions?  The parent service has said they don't want us to participate in their traditions.
When we wear their uniform they would like us to follow their traditions.  :)

And for the record.....who ever said I pretend there are two equal uniforms?    I don't.....my avowed position is and always has been that we should be in a single uniform.  Preferably USAF style....but Gray and White if we have to.

Eclipse

OK, fair enough, you've definitely said that.

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Preferably USAF style, pre-1990s - metal grade, CAP lapel cutouts, blue nameplate and blue shoulder marks with "CAP" on them.

We had them once for many, many years and there is absolutely no logical reason we could not have them again.

Failing that, a minimum-change corporate uniform - blue VH (Van Heusen, not Van Halen...my very first concert many moons ago, Nov. 1980 ;D) civilian aviator shirt.

All insignia - shoulder marks, nameplate - would remain unchanged, as would the grey trousers, except for standardised colour as close to our insignia as possible and cut...no more Dickies, Dockers, etc.

http://www.flyingcross.com/Legend-Mens-4-Pocket-Pants.aspx

Grey flight cap with blue piping for all ranks.

Worry about service coat after basic uniform established.

Sunset period of two years on old uniform.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Panache

Well, it's now 01 June, and no new 39-1.

Whoever voted "nay" was correct.

Final count...

Total Members Voted: 70

Yes: 12 (17.1%)
No: 41 (58.6%)
A new draft for review: 7 (10%)
The end is nigh!: 10 (14.3%)

For the record, I was one of the "Yes" votes.  Foolishly optimistic, it seemed.

MacGruff

I voted "yes" as well, but am hanging my hat on the fact that it is not 'quite' 2 June yet!

;)

Some people call me an optimist. The others claim I always wear rose colored glasses!!!

:angel:

ColonelJack

CyBorg...

I read your uniform proposal and like it a lot.  Being a bit beyond the USAF standards myself, I could easily be proud to wear the uniform combination you came up with.

Consider this a vote on your side of the ledger if the topic ever comes up!

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: ColonelJack on June 02, 2014, 12:59:16 AM
CyBorg...

I read your uniform proposal and like it a lot.  Being a bit beyond the USAF standards myself, I could easily be proud to wear the uniform combination you came up with.

Consider this a vote on your side of the ledger if the topic ever comes up!

Jack

Thank you, sir.  I do appreciate that.  However, it's about as likely to happen as my becoming Governor-General of Canada (JeffDG will know what I mean).
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Shuman 14

OK, let me throw this out there, since I always get shot down for suggesting khaki as an alternative corporate uniform, how about just an improvement of the grey/white uniform.

First standardize the color "grey". Not sure what "shade of fifty" your grey shoulder slides are but that should be the color.

Then find a uniform company that can produce the trousers in the same specifications as the current USAF trousers in material and weight but in CAP Grey shade.

Second standardize the white shirt by simply adopting the US Army ASU white shirt, which will be accessable to CAP members thru the AAFES at a reasonable price.

Third adopt a matching grey service coat in the same cut and specifications (material/weight) as the current USAF enlisted and officer coats.

Use the existing USAF-style blue combination and flight caps as the authorized headgear with appropriate CAP hat badges; and you already use the USAF blue necktie and belts, so you would then have an absolute equal uniform for those that do not meet the requirements to wear the USAF style uniform.

Everything award-wise, rank-wise and badge-wise would go on the exact same way on either uniform so there would be minimal re-write to the regulation/instruction.

Not a perfect solution but one that should make the USAF happy and over 50% of CAP's membership less unhappy.
Joseph J. Clune

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

The CyBorg is destroyed

^^^Any change at this point is probably regarded as "change for change's sake," and you know how the habitĂșes of CT feel about that.

You get shot down for suggesting khaki, I get shot down for suggesting a blue shirt to replace the white.

Bottom line: CAP likes the status quo and any changes suggested to that are going to get shot down.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Shuman 14

QuoteBottom line: CAP likes the status quo and any changes suggested to that are going to get shot down

Sadly, I believe you are correct.  :'(
Joseph J. Clune

Panache

Quote from: shuman14 on June 03, 2014, 06:07:15 PM
First standardize the color "grey". Not sure what "shade of fifty" your grey shoulder slides are but that should be the color.

I believe that's called "Rainy Day Grey".