Sigh...setting up a Blazer for my G/Ws

Started by Майор Хаткевич, March 04, 2014, 11:52:55 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: arajca on March 07, 2014, 02:36:05 AM
Several NB meetings ago, in Reno, I brought this subject up to Ms. Parker. Her response was the pocket style did not matter.

I have sometimes wondered if she is the arbiter of most things relating to uniform regulations.

I have a short-sleeved white shirt in the Air Force style cut and a long-sleeved one that I got at an Army/Navy but looks more like the Vanguard one.

I wonder if they'll both still be allowed.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: CyBorg on March 07, 2014, 07:05:03 PM
Several NB meetings ago, in Reno, I brought this subject up to Ms. Parker. Her response was the pocket style did not matter.

I have sometimes wondered if she is the arbiter of most things relating to uniform regulations.

I have a short-sleeved white shirt in the Air Force style cut and a long-sleeved one that I got at an Army/Navy but looks more like the Vanguard one.

I've got both the Van Heusen Aviator (65%-35% poly/cotton poplin) and the Pilot House (also 65%-35%, but pinpoint oxford). The Pilot House shirt has the AF-style flap pockets (with a small strip of velcro on the top of the pocket flap to make it a top-loading pocket - I never use it that way); in my opinion it's a better shirt than the Van Heusen.

CAP needs to specify a particular brand of white shirt and gray trousers/slacks/skirt for uniformity. Until that happens, uniform wear will still be jacked up.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on March 07, 2014, 08:13:53 PM
CAP needs to specify a particular brand of white shirt and gray trousers/slacks/skirt for uniformity. Until that happens, uniform wear will still be jacked up.

CAP uniforms will always be jacked up.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

arajca

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on March 07, 2014, 08:13:53 PM
Quote from: CyBorg on March 07, 2014, 07:05:03 PM

I've got both the Van Heusen Aviator (65%-35% poly/cotton poplin) and the Pilot House (also 65%-35%, but pinpoint oxford). The Pilot House shirt has the AF-style flap pockets (with a small strip of velcro on the top of the pocket flap to make it a top-loading pocket - I never use it that way); in my opinion it's a better shirt than the Van Heusen.

Not a brand, detailed specs. This style of pocket, functional epaulets, that style placket style, military creases (yes/no) etc.

Майор Хаткевич

Eclipse

Leave the tailor tag on there, it screams "Classy!".

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Funny. What does 39-1 say? Make a statement maybe.

Panache

Quote from: usafaux2004 on March 08, 2014, 07:15:23 PM
Funny. What does 39-1 say? Make a statement maybe.

"That's my Mission Tailor specialty badge.  You don't remember reading the CAPR on that?"