Vanguard quality.....

Started by Sapper168, February 04, 2014, 05:51:48 AM

NIN

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on February 12, 2014, 09:09:21 PM
Until the introduction of the Eaker Award, Feik and Armstrong achievements and the upgrading of the Wright Brothers achievement to milestone award status there were only 15 achievements.

Oh, snap. Chuck caught us. :)

You are 100% correct. I had a brain fade.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Quote from: Eclipse on February 12, 2014, 07:07:04 PM
NIN and Stonewall featured as 1:21.

That was disturbing.  Plus, Stonewall is quite a bit taller than I am.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

MHC5096

True...only 15 achievements until around 1998. So one star for each achievement and one star for the Spaatz Award.  ;)
Mark H. Crary
Lt Col, CAP (1990-Present)
DDC-P, CGAUX (2011-Present)
MSgt, USAF (1995-2011)
QM2, USN (1989-1995)

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: MHC5096 on February 13, 2014, 02:45:22 PM
True...only 15 achievements until around 1998. So one star for each achievement and one star for the Spaatz Award.  ;)

Or.......

They put 16 stars on it and, when asked the symbolism at some later date, made something up.

Kind of like that whole "the second fold of the flag stands for..." thing, which was added on after the fact, but which people are convinced was designed that way.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on February 13, 2014, 10:04:20 PM
Quote from: MHC5096 on February 13, 2014, 02:45:22 PM

Or.......

They put 16 stars on it and, when asked the symbolism at some later date, made something up.

Kind of like that whole "the second fold of the flag stands for..." thing, which was added on after the fact, but which people are convinced was designed that way.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

Storm Chaser

I just got an order from Vanguard and I'm not happy at all. The miniature IC badge is too small; much smaller than the miniature ground team badge and not at all proportionate with other miniature badges. The embroidered IC badge, on the other hand, is much bigger than the embroidered ground team badge. Do they not QC these before manufacturing?  >:(

pascocap2002

Orders over $35.00 are shipped free and you can use their monthly coupon to save 10%. 

20% of the time, I get the wrong items or I get items I don't need. I just go tan order today, and sure enough, I got the wrong items again. The invoice was correct, but I was shipped different items. I just don't understand how they do not have a quality check on orders.

Spaceman3750

In other news, I always get free shipping, get it quickly, and never have a problem with my order.

Storm Chaser

I've had problems with orders before. Vanguard staff has always been helpful and accommodating when I've called with a problem.

What I'm talking about here is about the quality and lack of standardization of their products vs. the high prices they charge. The quality of their CAP products just don't compare to those I buy for my Air Force uniform.

Alaric

Just ordered a bunch of ribbons so I could have a new set for a presentation I am making tomorrow.  Paid extra for 2nd day shipping, was told it shipped Tuesday just checked on the shipment its on the way back to them due to improper address.  Checked the invoice and the address is correct there so they must have screwed up (again) the label

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Alaric on March 08, 2014, 04:23:10 AM
Just ordered a bunch of ribbons so I could have a new set for a presentation I am making tomorrow.  Paid extra for 2nd day shipping, was told it shipped Tuesday just checked on the shipment its on the way back to them due to improper address.  Checked the invoice and the address is correct there so they must have screwed up (again) the label

Labels aren't printed by hand...

JoeTomasone

I placed an order on Monday.  It just shipped on Friday.  It was for 5 items, nothing exotic.

It is for this reason that if I *must* order from them, I do it WELL in advance of need, and I am always looking to cultivate alternate options for the items they carry.

Alaric

Quote from: usafaux2004 on March 08, 2014, 05:31:59 AM
Quote from: Alaric on March 08, 2014, 04:23:10 AM

Labels aren't printed by hand...

Have no idea then, its the same address that has been on my account for 2 years, I've gotten every other order (albeit in their own time)

Luis R. Ramos

How was this sent? If by UPS, there is a very specific format the USPS recognizes.

Letters sent by USPS to the address I lived for 29 years, and where my brother still lives, this house has been there for 61 years now are lost.

Likewise if I enter my address in a certain way I get an error message. I have been living here for about 9 years.

This started happening only the last five years. Before there were no problems...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer