Most Basic CAP Uniform for New Member

Started by antdetroitwallyball, December 22, 2013, 04:23:51 PM

Fubar

Quote from: arajca on January 01, 2014, 05:07:35 AMHowever, you'll notice the golf/polo shirt has been removed from the "Service Uniforms" section and is apparently no longer considered equivalent to the AF blues or aviator shirt uniforms. The polo has been relegated to the work uniforms equal to the bdu and field uniform.

Guess that means we won't be seeing any seniors or cadets in BDUs at meetings anymore..... right?

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on January 01, 2014, 02:48:12 AM
They don't want anybody who is old enough to be isn't in the Air Force to reflect badly on them.

FTFY.

There's plenty of active duty, reservist, and guardsman out of weight but wearing the USAF uniform
in all its iterations, just don't want anyone not on the payroll to have that option.

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

^^^Go on any AF/ANG/AFRES installation and I can almost guarantee you'll see at least one example of what Eclipse is talking about.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

MacGruff

Quote from: Fubar on January 01, 2014, 06:39:18 AM
Quote from: arajca on January 01, 2014, 05:07:35 AMHowever, you'll notice the golf/polo shirt has been removed from the "Service Uniforms" section and is apparently no longer considered equivalent to the AF blues or aviator shirt uniforms. The polo has been relegated to the work uniforms equal to the bdu and field uniform.

Guess that means we won't be seeing any seniors or cadets in BDUs at meetings anymore..... right?

Funny, but I read the regulation differently. The Air Force style uniform and/or White aviator shirt with Grey pants is clearly the "regular" uniform, but the polo is defined as one of the option of the working uniform.

My guess is that we will continue to see UOD being BDU's (Cadets) and Polos (SMs) on most weeks with one week a month with cadets in PT gear and SMs in Polos, and one week a month with the AF style or G/W uniforms being worn.

Maybe at Group or Wing level trainings and higher level meetings we'll see everyone in Whites/Blues.

BHartman007

Quote from: MacGruff on January 02, 2014, 12:09:02 AM

My guess is that we will continue to see UOD being BDU's (Cadets) and Polos, or whatever you came from work in (SMs) on most weeks with one week a month with cadets in PT gear and SMs in Polos, or whatever you came from work in and one week a month with the AF style or G/W uniforms cadets in blues and seniors in polos, or whatever they came from work in being worn.

Maybe at Group or Wing level trainings and higher level meetings we'll see everyone in Whites/Blues polos still.

FTFY based on my personal observations  ;D

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets

Eclipse

The sad fact is that in 2015 we will still have CCs using the 2005 version, and members with wing
patches on their uniforms.

If I were a commander, we'd be discussing the draft, but as soon as it was approved, the
next meeting would be detailed discussions of the changes followed by inspections.
(And yes, BITD we had members bring in uniforms to be checked for this reason).

I'd also do the weigh-ins immediately and let the chips fall.  It's just too bad they aren't mandated.

Here's the kind of thing where OPS Quals and eServices should talk.  If a W&B number is entered for
a member which exceeds a uniform spec, that should ping a warning email to both the member and the CC, to be
discussed next meeting.

eServices should also have an approval module for blues which must be entered by the CC, and
it should show on the ID and 101 card.

"That Others May Zoom"

Panache

Quote from: Eclipse on January 02, 2014, 03:28:52 AM
If a W&B number is entered for a member which exceeds a uniform spec, that should ping a warning email to both the member and the CC, to be
discussed next meeting.

I'm aware I'm too heavy to wear blues.  That's why I don't even own a set.  I don't need a "warning email" to tell me this.  And frankly would be offended if my CC pulled me aside to say "Hey, Lt. Panache, just thought I should tell you that you can't wear blues."

Quote from: Eclipse on January 02, 2014, 03:28:52 AM
eServices should also have an approval module for blues which must be entered by the CC, and it should show on the ID and 101 card.

Heh.  This got a genuine laugh out of me.

"You!  Captain!  I see you're wearing the Air Force-styled blue uniform!  Let me see your papers."

Eclipse

^ We could fiance operations with fake ids indulgences!

"That Others May Zoom"

Panache

"Thank you for attending the Arizona Wing annual conference.  If you are attending in your Air Force-style blue uniform, please have your documents ready for inspection at the checkpoint."

Brad

Quote from: BHartman007 on January 02, 2014, 01:42:54 AM
Quote from: MacGruff on January 02, 2014, 12:09:02 AM

My guess is that we will continue to see UOD being BDU's (Cadets) and Polos, or whatever you came from work in (SMs) on most weeks with one week a month with cadets in PT gear and SMs in Polos, or whatever you came from work in and one week a month with the AF style or G/W uniforms cadets in blues and seniors in polos, or whatever they came from work in being worn.

Maybe at Group or Wing level trainings and higher level meetings we'll see everyone in Whites/Blues polos still.

FTFY based on my personal observations  ;D

There are times I have gone to a meeting in civvies coming from work, yes, if only for the fact that I forgot to stick a uniform in my backseat, and by the time I drove the 50 miles round-trip to go to the house, change, and go back, the meeting would be close to being over. Whereas if I go straight from work to CAP I'd be driving 3 miles.

(I just wonder what can of worms would be opened when I get on the road as an officer and swing by the Squadron building after a shift for a meeting, still in uniform with sidearm lol!)
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Luis R. Ramos

Sorry officer, no weapons in CAP, you will have to leave yours in your car!

:P

(Ducking so what will come does not hit me!)

;D

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Panache

Quote from: Brad on January 02, 2014, 01:13:37 PM
(I just wonder what can of worms would be opened when I get on the road as an officer and swing by the Squadron building after a shift for a meeting, still in uniform with sidearm lol!)

There's a Major in our Group who's also a state trooper.  He's shown up a couple times in full uniform.  Nobody seemed to care.  I certainly didn't.

Eclipse

The "nobody seemed to care part" is where the problem starts.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Quote from: Eclipse on January 02, 2014, 03:15:41 PM

If he's a state trooper in full state trooper uniform, I think he's probably required by law to be armed.

what would you do if a state trooper showed up to you CAP meeting to talk about, say, state police aviation? "Sorry, officer, but you can't wear your sidearm?"

Right.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

EMT-83

^ I think this one's been beat to death already.

Brad

Quote from: NIN on January 02, 2014, 03:31:25 PM

If he's a state trooper in full state trooper uniform, I think he's probably required by law to be armed.

what would you do if a state trooper showed up to you CAP meeting to talk about, say, state police aviation? "Sorry, officer, but you can't wear your sidearm?"

Right.

Yea but my question is what if I as a state police officer, also a CAP member, am coming off-duty, still in uniform, but attending my squadron meeting in a CAP capacity? While there are provisions in law that exempt police officers from prohibitions AGAINST carrying firearms, there's no requirement in SC law that requires police officers to be armed while in uniform, i.e. CAPR 900-3. Department policy however says that a firearm must be carried while in uniform, but that only covers on duty times, but basic officer safety says if I'm in uniform, I'm going to carry.

So yea, there's your head scratcher for the week.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

Panache

Quote from: Panache on January 02, 2014, 03:03:42 PM
There's a Major in our Group who's also a state trooper.  He's shown up a couple times in full uniform.  Nobody seemed to care.  I certainly didn't.

Nobody but Eclipse.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Panache on January 02, 2014, 03:03:42 PM

I've seen police officers in CAP who come straight off shift to CAP meeting, sometimes in patrol car.  What are they supposed to do - go home, change the uniform and take civilian vehicle, and possibly miss most of the meeting?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

Quote from: CyBorg on January 02, 2014, 07:11:10 PMWhat are they supposed to do - go home, change the uniform and take civilian vehicle, and possibly miss most of the meeting?

Why are they any different then anyone else "coming off shift"?  CAP activity = CAP uniform.  A welder should change in the bathroom but a cop can't?

If they are attending a meeting representing their department in an official capacity, they of course they
should wear their uniform, but just like member of the military who regularly show up in their uniform
instead of CAP's, the rules aren't different because you have an interesting / dangerous / oddly-time-shifted job.

As long as they comply with CAP regs in regards to notifications, etc., I don't care either way,
however no one needs to know, either.  If their regs about carrying conflict with CAP regs,
then unfortunately they will need to find another outlet for their volunteer service.

"That Others May Zoom"

BHartman007

Why couldn't he just leave his sidearm in the car?

Wing Assistant Director of Administration
Squadron Deputy Commander for Cadets