Rank insignia on the service coat

Started by brent.teal, June 14, 2013, 07:59:28 PM

NorCal21

Quote from: abdsp51 on June 20, 2013, 12:59:16 AM

There is and it is not a frequently used option. It has to run from the members CC to the Group (if there is one), Wing, Region, and finally the NUC.  ANd I have actually pinged NHQ about the whole maroon slides and the response I receieved back was there was going to be a change to the uniform any way.

Which is exactly the reason (in my opinion) that its not widely used. Too many people to get in the way and stop the movement up the chain because they disagree with the suggestion. Which is why Shuman pointed out the Army's board where direct comments could be made from a Soldier to the uniform board.

Same thing occurred with the Navy.

NorCal21

Quote from: Storm Chaser on June 20, 2013, 11:55:02 AM
There always seems to be a disconnect between what's authorized by CAP and what's sold by Vanguard. CAP should exercise a bit more oversight on this, since many members assume that if Vanguard sells it, then it's authorized.

BTW, the Air Force allows current commanders to wear the badge in their flight suits. I know CAP doesn't, but this could be a change in the new CAPM 39-1.

Its a good thing CAP and Vanguard went all Nazi on us than and made it so only VG could sell the stuff huh?!  :clap:

NorCal21

Quote from: Eclipse on June 23, 2013, 04:00:25 AM
Quote from: NorCal21 on June 23, 2013, 03:29:52 AMThe CGAUX members all just received an email with expanded Exchange privileges for shopping online.

Would someone please tell me how base exchange privileges are somehow a barometer of the relationship to the respective parent service?

CAP members already have all the privileges they need as members, privileges which are also "enhanced" if you have a billet or activity on base, beyond that, and by far,
the vast majority of members have no access nor need for access to a base exchange or commissary, and anyone who does routinely shop at a base exchange knows that
their prices are the same or higher then local retail stores because either by policy or in some cases law, they have to keep things on an equal footing with local businesses.

Its just one example I was using. Good lord people. You guys are some of the most negative people I've ever seen. Seriously. Everything is wrong or dumb if it doesn't fit your worldview on CAP.

And how it differs is that CAP gets only what it needs by only allowing uniform purchase. CGAUX gets more than it needs and is given full access as if we were active duty because we are viewed as equal members of Team Coast Guard.

I shop regularly at the exchange and I'll tell you that many things I purchase aren't even close to be the same or higher as in town. Medicines are a prime example. They are upwards of 75% cheaper on base. I will admit Exchange Select dishsoap is pricey though.

NorCal21

Quote from: Eclipse on June 23, 2013, 04:08:55 AM
Quote from: NorCal21 on June 23, 2013, 04:07:20 AMBasically I'm saying you're Windows and us younger folks are more Google. Nothing wrong with Windows really, but not fresh idea oriented like Google.

Younger folks?

Quote from: NorCal21 on June 23, 2013, 04:07:20 AMNothing wrong with Windows really, but not fresh idea oriented like Google.

Point me at one "new" idea in this thread and we can talk.

Yeah. Younger folks. Definition problem?

I didn't limit it to this thread. Why are you?

NorCal21

Quote from: Eclipse on June 23, 2013, 04:20:29 AM
Salute trolling isn't documented on any level.  Message boards don't count, nor do urban legends.

Quote from: NorCal21 on June 23, 2013, 04:11:37 AM
Also, saying something isn't simply because you've not seen it is rather naive isn't it?

So is believing that just because you have seen something it's endemic and not an anomaly.

Some of us "older folks" have scope beyond the typical unit meeting, some of us even do things on a Regional
and National level, things that would be severely impacted by goobers trolling salutes, and so are on the constant watch,
and yet, have little of the issue to speak of.

You either have bad reading comprehension skills or eyes. I never once inferred this was a systemic or endemic problem nor did I say it was a common occurrence. That was something you read and the other guy did as well. I even went as far to post a comment saying I have determined what the confusion was. It was that I left out the "-" between well and documented. My mistake. I should have read well-documented as in the few cases that have occurred have been full documented and reported to the AF and CAP membership.

Eclipse

Quote from: NorCal21 on June 23, 2013, 04:38:23 AMI should have read well-documented as in the few cases that have occurred have been full documented and reported to the AF and CAP membership.

Cite one "fully documented case" reported to the USAF and CAP.

"That Others May Zoom"

NorCal21

Quote from: Eclipse on June 23, 2013, 04:56:57 AM
Quote from: NorCal21 on June 23, 2013, 04:38:23 AMI should have read well-documented as in the few cases that have occurred have been full documented and reported to the AF and CAP membership.

Cite one "fully documented case" reported to the USAF and CAP.

Here's the link to the letter from Gen Courter. When at NESA I spoke with a couple people from national (along with the rest of my class) and we were informed that CAP and the USAF did a full investigation and the person involved had been dealt with. They didn't mention a name or anything else. We didn't need to know. In either case it was fully documented by both organizations.

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/Military_Salute_Letter_to_all_CAP_m_AB3C339B82592.pdf

Eclipse

That entire letter, the forum article, and "talking to people at NESA" is one whole load of wive's tales - especially that letter, based on a military forum
that was later suspected to be fully apocryphal.

Cite a real case.

"That Others May Zoom"

NorCal21

Quote from: Eclipse on June 23, 2013, 05:09:02 AM
That entire letter, the forum article, and "talking to people at NESA" is one whole load of wive's tales - especially that letter, based on a military forum
that was later suspected to be fully apocryphal.

Cite a real case.

They're out there. I'm not doing all the work for you.

This sort of removes you from the realm of people who debate honestly. We're done.

NorCal21

Eclipse

Quote from: NorCal21 on June 23, 2013, 05:11:22 AMDon't need to. I just did. You're essentially stating that I'm lying and that two NESA commanders are lying as they stated there was in fact truth to it. Again, just because you didn't see it you think it's not true.

"Believing something to be true" does not make it true, repeating something you "believe" doesn't make you a liar, just misinformed, which you and they are on this case.

"That Others May Zoom"

abdsp51

Shuman 14

Quote from: NorCal21 on June 23, 2013, 03:44:11 AM
Quote from: shuman14 on June 16, 2013, 05:13:49 PM

How long ago was that? In my 23+ plus years of service I've never seen an Army instructor wear anything but the issued patrol cap or beret... except Drill Sergeants on the trail... who of course wear a Campaign Cover.  :-\

Well my only experience with the Army has been after I joined the Marines in 1994 and more so in 2010 to present. I've routinely seen instructors at Ft Riley wear black patrol caps.

Never been to Fort Riley, so I can't speak intelligently on what they do there. I can tell you the Army Uniform Manual, AR 670-1, makes no mention of a "black patrol cap" as authorized headgear for instructors.
Joseph J. Clune
Lieutenant Colonel, Military Police

USMCR: 1990 - 1992                           USAR: 1993 - 1998, 2000 - 2003, 2005 - Present     CAP: 2013 - 2014, 2021 - Present
INARNG: 1992 - 1993, 1998 - 2000      Active Army: 2003 - 2005                                       USCGAux: 2004 - Present

lordmonar

My FSM!  The AD military ignore their own uniform regulations!  Say its not so!
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

ol'fido

Quote from: shuman14 on June 23, 2013, 04:18:32 PM
Quote from: NorCal21 on June 23, 2013, 03:44:11 AM
Quote from: shuman14 on June 16, 2013, 05:13:49 PM

How long ago was that? In my 23+ plus years of service I've never seen an Army instructor wear anything but the issued patrol cap or beret... except Drill Sergeants on the trail... who of course wear a Campaign Cover.  :-\

Well my only experience with the Army has been after I joined the Marines in 1994 and more so in 2010 to present. I've routinely seen instructors at Ft Riley wear black patrol caps.

Never been to Fort Riley, so I can't speak intelligently on what they do there. I can tell you the Army Uniform Manual, AR 670-1, makes no mention of a "black patrol cap" as authorized headgear for instructors.
First day of encampment here in Illinois and the ARNG Instructors for the OCS here at Camp Lincoln are wearing black patrol/BDU caps.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006