Improved Golf Shirt

Started by JROB, October 15, 2012, 04:03:14 PM

JeffDG

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 11, 2012, 09:01:28 PM
Yes it can be interesting that a member can be qualified to be in CAP but not be qualified to be in CD.  Really, its not an odd concept by far. Look at the military. Besides, its not CAP who decides. Anyone can apply to CD. But its not up to CAP who gets cleared. That, I believe falls to the USFS and the DEA.
Nope...Question 17 on the CAPF 83 prohibits application.
http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/F083_F4956859A0FD8.pdf

Flying Pig

Oh...... Forgive me for sounding rude... but oh well, yes, I can see where being a US citizen, born or naturalized would be a basic requirement when LE agencies are looking for assistance.

JeffDG

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 12, 2012, 12:39:31 AM
Oh...... Forgive me for sounding rude... but oh well, yes, I can see where being a US citizen, born or naturalized would be a basic requirement when LE agencies are looking for assistance.
How so?

A non-citizen can join the military...it's actually just about the quickest way to get a green card out there.

Non-citizens can become police, fire, just about any other job out there.  State agencies have a lot of trouble discriminating against non-citizens who have work authorization.

PHall

Quote from: JeffDG on November 12, 2012, 01:21:16 AM
How so?

A non-citizen can join the military...it's actually just about the quickest way to get a green card out there.

Non-citizens can become police, fire, just about any other job out there.  State agencies have a lot of trouble discriminating against non-citizens who have work authorization.

Yes, a non-citizen can join the military, but, they can not get high level security clearances.
And depending on what country they're from, they may not be able to get a clearance at all.

SARDOC

How so?

My city requires that all law enforcement officer be US Citizens.  I think it's a requirement for them to get certified in my state...I think that is true for the Fire Service as well because they have responsibilities in enforcing the law as well.

bosshawk

Having been the CD Director in CAWG for about six years, I am more than a little familiar with this whole conversation.  The maroon shirts were not a CD uniform: they were awarded for participation in the program, but before I became the Director.  I never was given one.  A lot of the time, we simply flew in civilian clothes, which often didn't make much sense when flying a red, white and blue airplane.  Some of our customers simply didn't want us in their facilities in any sort of identifying uniform.

There have been instances where persons born in foreign countries have been granted access to the CD program.  It is very selective and I'll leave it at that.

Customs, DEA and Forest Service screen each candidate for the CD program and any one of them can turn down a person, reason never given.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Flying Pig

How so?

"discrimination". of course.  My agency requires you to be a citizen. You can apply as a legal resident but you have to be a citizen before you can be appointed. Most Depts arent going to allow you to be a cop with a green card. I dont know of any Fed LE agency that would. Hey, lodge a complaint with the DEA for discrimination.  Tell them that everyone wants to play.

Майор Хаткевич

You can't get a FEDERAL job as a non-citizen. As a naturalized citizen, I know it ruined quite a few plans for me when I was in high school.

Another thing most don't know is that non-citizens when enlisting do not qualify for sign up bonuses for MOS' that have them. You can get the kicker for doing a 6 year enlistment, but nothing job specific. I scored a 90 on the ASVAB early Junior year, and had 12 or 15 MOS' that I could go into.

SARDOC

How did a thread about the real cool 5.11 golf Shirt turn into Employment eligibility for Non Citizens???

Майор Хаткевич

Non-reg shirts > purple CD shirts > CD eligibility > general federal employment eligibility.

SARDOC

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 12, 2012, 05:44:39 AM
Non-reg shirts > purple CD shirts > CD eligibility > general federal employment eligibility.

Sounds like it's advanced far enough to be separated into a completely different thread.

Flying Pig

Quote from: SARDOC on November 12, 2012, 05:06:24 AM
How did a thread about the real cool 5.11 golf Shirt turn into Employment eligibility for Non Citizens???

You have to ask?   ;D. This is a major break through for us. We have successfully altered the direction of a uniform thread!!  We should all be very proud. The medication IS working!!

JeffDG

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 12, 2012, 03:11:47 AM
You can't get a FEDERAL job as a non-citizen. As a naturalized citizen, I know it ruined quite a few plans for me when I was in high school.

Another thing most don't know is that non-citizens when enlisting do not qualify for sign up bonuses for MOS' that have them. You can get the kicker for doing a 6 year enlistment, but nothing job specific. I scored a 90 on the ASVAB early Junior year, and had 12 or 15 MOS' that I could go into.
Well, the feds are different, and there are only certain federal jobs that are restricted to citizens only.

State jobs can only restrict certain security sensitive jobs to citizens only...they have the whole "equal protection" thing to worry about that the feds don't.

Blues Brother

its the magic of this wonderful thing called internet.  it can derail a conversation amazingly fast.   I once saw a thread about aluminum wheel cleaner turn into a discussion about pickled pigs feet in 2 pages.

SARDOC

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 12, 2012, 06:04:18 AM

You have to ask?   ;D. This is a major break through for us. We have successfully altered the direction of a uniform thread!!  We should all be very proud. The medication IS working!!

While it's not unusual for a Uniform Thread to become derailed it's usually into something that somebody wants uniform wise to make them feel like the grand poohbah...but for something uniform related to turn into something non uniform related...I really an impressed that we are starting to show signs of evolution.  :)

West MI-CAP-Ret

Just happened to be looking through 39-1, and folks who wear gray dockers slacks are out of regs.  Dress gray or worsted material is mandated.

...not that anyone checks...
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

ßτε

Quote from: Lab Lover on November 16, 2012, 01:34:44 AM
Just happened to be looking through 39-1, and folks who wear gray dockers slacks are out of regs.  Dress gray or worsted material is mandated.

...not that anyone checks...
...or cotton/twill weave trousers...

QuoteCommercial slacks/trousers in medium gray color, full cut, straight hanging,
with or without pleats, with or without cuffs. Cotton/twill weave trousers are
authorized (no jeans).

Make sure you check which uniform is being described when you check CAPM 39-1.

SarDragon

From another grey/white thread:

Here are all three 39-1 entries for men's CAP distinctive uniform trousers:

Blazer:
Commercial dress trousers of medium gray flannel, tropical worsted, or similar commercial blend, full cut, straight hanging, with or without pleats, with or without cuffs. (No jeans or causal trousers made of cotton or twill fabric.) Front of trouser legs rests on the front of shoe or boot. No bunching at waist or sagging at seat. Trousers must be worn at natural waist.

Aviator shirt:
Commercial dress slacks/trousers of medium gray flannel, tropical worsted, or similar commercial blend, full cut, straight hanging, with or without pleats, with or without cuffs. (No jeans or casual slacks.) No bunching at waist or bagging at seat.

Golf shirt:
Commercial slacks/trousers in medium gray color, full cut, straight hanging, with or without pleats, with or without cuffs. Cotton/twill weave trousers are authorized (no jeans).
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

VNY

Quote from: SarDragon on November 16, 2012, 02:55:23 AM

Three different standards for the grey pants.

SarDragon

Quote from: VNY on November 16, 2012, 09:41:14 PM
Quote from: SarDragon on November 16, 2012, 02:55:23 AM

Three different standards for the grey pants.

... based on three different, increasingly formal, uniform combinations. It's all about functionality.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret