Main Menu

Improved Golf Shirt

Started by JROB, October 15, 2012, 04:03:14 PM

Mustang

Okay, the real question regarding these shirts: how do I get mine?
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Blues Brother

For the record,  I happened to notice when I was at my local mom & pop embroidery shop that they had licensed military logos available, so I looked and sure enough CAP logos were in there.  I asked her how she had the ability to do these with the copyrights, and she said she pays to use those designs from this company that digitized them, and she is only allowed to sell them for personal use,  she cant go into biz selling CAP logo gear.  but if I walk in off the street, and ask her to do a CAP polo for me, she can do it legally.   the only downside is there really is no savings from Vangaurd.  the upside is you can choose your polo.  you can get the newer style that are cooler in summer rather than the cotton pique style.   so its an option if you check wiht your local print/embroidery shop.

Stonewall

Quote from: Stonewall on November 27, 2012, 05:55:07 PM
Quote from: commando1 on November 27, 2012, 12:44:45 AM
They come in charcoal  >:D
http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Pants/Tactical-Pants/511-Taclite-Jean-Cut-Pant.html

The best of both worlds. That's the concept behind the new Taclite Jean-cut Pants. The 5.11 Tactical® design team figured out a way to bring you the top features of your favorite jeans AND your best duty-ready tactical pants.

Start with the 5+4 pocket design. It adds 4 multi-use pockets that can store magazines, tools, cell phones or knives in addition to the classic 5-pocket jean style. Made of 5.11's popular 6.14 oz. polyester / cotton ripstop, this pair is lightweight, breathable and low maintenance. Treated with Teflon® for stain, wrinkle and fade resistance... perfect for wash and wear performance.

Discreet reinforced knee panels add durability for range utility and the diamond gusset improves range of motion. The Taclite Jean has a relaxed fit with a fixed waistband (no elastic) and a straight leg that easily fits over boots. So if you are looking for a training pant that's professional-looking but not too "tactical", the Taclite Jean-cut hits the nail on the head. Rugged construction with YKK® zippers and Prym® snaps. Machine wash / dry. Imported.

Blue 5.11 polo with CAP seal?  5.11 gray pants?  What's not to love?

Make sure the CAP seal is good to go on colors and carry on.

I ordered these and got them in the mail yesterday.  Unfortunately they reversed my sizes and sent me 33" waist x 36" inseam. 

The pants looked pretty BA, but they do have quite the tactical look to the them.  I'll exchange them and track down one of these 5.11 CAP shirts and be ready for action.  8)
Serving since 1987.

VNY

West MI-CAP-Ret

I've found that doing a search online, you can do better than VC.  ( $18-24 bucks for trousers/blouse, & $29 for bdu m-65, etc).

I'm looking for the BBDU Goretex equivalent to the Army/Air Force raincoat (with front tab for grade).  When I do a search, all I get is a US Coast Guard Type II Foul Wx jacket.  Pretty expensive but doesn't look like my BDU goretex jacket issued to me fm the Air Force.  Any suggestions?

Dave
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

arajca

That's about it for blue. I've found black that matches the Gen1 ECWCS parka, but not blue. In either case, grade insignia is not authorized on outerwear other than the field jacket.