Improved Golf Shirt

Started by JROB, October 15, 2012, 04:03:14 PM

Phillip

Quote from: Eclipse on November 27, 2012, 06:32:14 PM
I don't think anyone is suggesting tac pants be worn with the whites or blazer.

Those indicated above fall well within the prescription with no changes needed.
I didn't mean to suggest such.  It's just with the demise of the CSU, the remaining Corporate uniforms could use some standardization since they are here to stay.  As much as I like the tac pants with the polo (heck, I ordered a pair to wear with mine), I'd rather see a pair that could be used with all combos because you know someone will wear tac pants with the blazer.   :o
Captain

Blues Brother

those tac pants look like an excellent choice to wear with the polo to me.

arajca

Quote from: Eclipse on November 28, 2012, 03:27:24 PM
Quote from: arajca on November 28, 2012, 02:48:35 PM
The cost depends on who will own the image afterward. Most of the free or super cheap ones retain ownership of the image. Most of the ones that charge $35 or so, you own the image. Additionally, if you already have the appropriate embroidery image file, many higher end shops will actually be cheaper than the free ones.

The image or the machine setup?  No way I'm giving up rights to the image just to have patches made.
Embroidery image file contains the stitch and thread codes along with sewing pattern. These are usually combination works - outline by computer, stitch plan by hand. If you own it, you can take it to just about any embriodery shop to have shirts, patches, etc made.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Phillip on November 28, 2012, 06:37:37 PM
It's just with the demise of the CSU, the remaining Corporate uniforms could use some standardization since they are here to stay.

I don't see much standardisation happening, for one primary reason:

A big part of why some members go the corporate route is because it's cheap, and because there aren't any hard-and-fast standards.  39-1, as with so many other issues, has some holes in it on this issue big enough to fly a C-5 through.

Members who go this route can go to Goodwill/Salvation Army/St. Vince's and get a white shirt with epaulettes.  Nowhere does 39-1 say it has to be a Van Heusen brand aviator shirt, purchased from Vanguard.

The situation is much the same with grey trousers...$5.00 can get you an almost-new set of those from the above sources.

If CAP were to say, "OK, it has to be white shirt A and grey trousers B, and the only place you get those will be Vanguard," CAP is going to have possibly even more disgruntled (and vocal about it) members than they did with the way they bungled the CSU.

I know a lot of members who are within H/W and grooming standards to wear the AF uniform but wear the G/W because it is cheap and easy to put together...and some who wear it for those reasons even though they dislike its appearance.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Blues Brother

I dont mean to sound dumb, but what is a CSU?

RogueLeader

Quote from: Blues Brother on November 29, 2012, 11:35:18 AM

Corporate service uniform. A uniform no longer authorized.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

The CyBorg is destroyed

A uniform that was well-liked by most and taken from us without reason.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

PHall

Quote from: CyBorg on November 29, 2012, 05:56:01 PM

A uniform that was well-liked by most a few and taken from us without reason.

Please don't include me in your personal opinion. >:(
Personally, I thought the uniform was just one person's way to thumb their nose at the Air Force.

Майор Хаткевич

Isn't his unit ciatation out of place?

Eclipse

Quote from: PHall on November 30, 2012, 01:48:45 AMPlease don't include me in your personal opinion. >:(
Personally, I thought the uniform was just one person's way to thumb their nose at the Air Force.

The USAF, apparently, disagreed, since they dictated minor changes and then approved it.

"That Others May Zoom"

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Eclipse on November 30, 2012, 02:59:50 AM
Quote from: PHall on November 30, 2012, 01:48:45 AMPlease don't include me in your personal opinion. >:(

The USAF, apparently, disagreed, since they dictated minor changes and then approved it.

Here's a wild conspiracy theory. What if the USAF wanted all of CAP to switch to it, and that's why it was canned? Like the lottery, at least that makes it interesting to think about.

Eclipse

Quote from: usafaux2004 on November 30, 2012, 03:10:51 AM

Here's a wild conspiracy theory. What if the USAF wanted all of CAP to switch to it, and that's why it was canned? Like the lottery, at least that makes it interesting to think about.

That would be hilarious.

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Notice where I said PERSONALLY...   As in it's my personal opinion.

My take is that minor changes were the things that gave the folks at AU and AETC the most heartburn.
I see the "influence" of the SecDef and SecAF in the uniform's sudden "death" many months later.

abdsp51

Are tac/cargo pants even authorized with the Polo? 

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: PHall on November 30, 2012, 01:48:45 AM
Please don't include me in your personal opinion. >:(

I didn't.  I said most, not all, and did not name names.  It would have been fallacious and incorrect for me to have said everyone liked it, when it was not the case.

Quote from: PHall on November 30, 2012, 04:19:32 AM
My take is that minor changes were the things that gave the folks at AU and AETC the most heartburn.
I see the "influence" of the SecDef and SecAF in the uniform's sudden "death" many months later.

There is no proof of that.  The uniform's death was decided by NEC.

The only changes that the AF specified were replacing the "U.S." collar brass with "CAP" and removing the hard rank from the flight cap.  They stipulated that, they got it.  They apparently had no problem with anything else (including the use of their blue shoulder marks) or they would, logically, have stipulated that, too.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

Quote from: abdsp51 on November 30, 2012, 04:50:57 AM
Are tac/cargo pants even authorized with the Polo?

Yes, in that they don't need to be specifically authorized, as they aren't prohibited, and most meet the very sparse prescription with
no need for an edit or even a stretch.

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Eclipse on November 30, 2012, 04:57:03 AM
Yes, in that they don't need to be specifically authorized, as they aren't prohibited, and most meet the very sparse prescription with
no need for an edit or even a stretch.

Which is why I don't see any real standardisation with the corporate uniforms coming down the pipe, because unless you're wearing something clearly outrageous...like the jodhpurs on this East German officer (at least they're grey!)...

...then there shouldn't be any problem.

It's really surprising how nice and "dressy" you can make the tactical trousers look with a little effort, actually.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

I prefer a higher heel, but otherwise...

"That Others May Zoom"

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on November 30, 2012, 05:08:33 AM
I prefer a higher heel, but otherwise...

I bet you'd look great in a 2" white pump.  >:D
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Simplex

Back to the main topic, I like that polo. Personally I wear the corporate stuff with the exception of BDU's as the AF style is so expensive. Especially from that V-place.