Main Menu

Improved Golf Shirt

Started by JROB, October 15, 2012, 04:03:14 PM

JROB

Noticing from the wear of the golf shirt by other members that the shirts are not very well made and the seal looks off. Myself and another member took the liberty of having the CAP seal digitized and embroidered unto a 5.11 brand polo shirt. The seal is about the size of the silk screened version and there is no front pocket, but there is a pen holder like the ones on the flight suit. AND the seal is the right color.

Whatcha think?
Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

CDCTF

Very nice. I wear a 5.11 polo for work. They're a bit pricey but they're worth every penny. I especially love the pen pockets.

capmaj

Looks good. But I think I hear the black vans rolling towards your house as we speak!!!!    ;)

bosshawk

If they cost more than the ones from VG: won't sell to most CAP members.  Remember: cheaper is better.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: bosshawk on October 15, 2012, 04:22:01 PM
If they cost more than the ones from VG: won't sell to most CAP members.  Remember: cheaper is better.

You can get the low end 5.11 polos for about $25, than add embroidery costs.  The shirts are going to be much better than what they use at uglyVword too.

The CyBorg is destroyed

They look a lot better than the V ones but are they still considered regulation?

Also...will embroiderers be able to do aircrew wings?

Wouldn't it be a bit cheaper to just get the CAP seal from V and have it sewn on your favourite 5.11 gear?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

PHall

And you violated the crap out of Vanguard's "exclusive supplier" agreement.
Don't post the name of who did your embroidery. They will probably have a C&D letter in the mail very shortly if you post it.

Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but posting it here was not a good idea.

JROB

I have seen a black van driving around my neighborhood a couple of times and I have to laugh a little every time.
Quote from: CyBorg on October 15, 2012, 05:02:09 PM
They look a lot better than the V ones but are they still considered regulation?

Also...will embroiderers be able to do aircrew wings?

Wouldn't it be a bit cheaper to just get the CAP seal from V and have it sewn on your favourite 5.11 gear?

It was $30 to have the image digitized and the company that did it keep the image forever. The embroiderers can do the wings but the charge for digitization is $30 per badge, if a group of people went in on it I wouldn't think it would be that bad. Cheaper to get it from vanguard...probably but I just think the colors look off.  I would personally consider it an in regulation uniform item being that 39-1 does not specify that it must have a pocket.

Quote from: PHall on October 15, 2012, 05:05:13 PM
Don't post the name of who did your embroidery. They will probably have a C&D letter in the mail very shortly if you post it.

Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but posting it here was not a good idea.

Violated the policy...yeah more than likely. But I don't plan to disclose my supplier.
Maj. Jason Robinson
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky

Noble Six

Now I am seriously considering to switching to that polo.
United States Marine Corps Retired
Earhart#13897

Eclipse

Members are free to use CAP marks and insignia for their own personal use in any way that doesn't violate the CAPRs.

"That Others May Zoom"

jimmydeanno

Aren't they supposed to have first and last name?
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

JROB

Quote from: Noble Six on October 15, 2012, 05:16:38 PM
Now I am seriously considering to switching to that polo.

Noblesix I think this shirt with gray (charcoal) tactical pants would make a handsome uniform combo
http://www.511tactical.com/All-Products/Pants/Tactical-Pants/Taclite-Pro-Pants.html
https://www.epropper.com/products/131/category/50/PROPPER%99+Men%27s+Tactical+Pant+-+Lightweight.htm

Prices are cheaper in stores

Quote from: jimmydeanno on October 15, 2012, 05:30:21 PM
Aren't they supposed to have first and last name?

Quote1. Dark blue knit shirt with embroidered CAP seal on the right breast and embroidered name and
aeronautical rating or specialty badge on the left breast.

Now most would take this to mean first and last name, I've seen it both ways and prefer just my last name.
Maj. Jason Robinson
SER-MS-096

wuzafuzz

BRAVO!  I love that shirt.  In fact some of us discussed doing exactly that a few months ago.  But you actually did it.  Awesome!

http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=15672.msg282726#msg282726
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

wuzafuzz

It sure would be nice if Vanguard would sell the 5.11 shirts and tac pants, and offer to embroider CAP insignia on those shirts. 
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

jeders

The only problem is that it seems your colors are off. The border of the circles should be gold/yellow, not blue. That is something that would stick out like a sore thumb when worn around Vanguard produced shirts.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

vento

Cool Mace

Vento,

if VG put out something with that good of quality, I would be worried.  >:D

All the badges I've seen look like a blob of white on blue.
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

bflynn

Wouldn't that agreement be between the corporation of VanguardMil and the corporation of CAP?  Why would it affect a private third party?

rmutchler

It looks nice.

My only complaint about the current polo shirts is the lack of the UnderArmor Heat/Cold Gear or Nike DryFit shirts.  In warmer climates, the DryFit would be a nice.  I try to offset it by wearing UA under my polo, but that would be my big change to the improvement of the golf shirt.

AngelWings

Quote from: rmutchler on October 15, 2012, 10:27:12 PM
It looks nice.

My only complaint about the current polo shirts is the lack of the UnderArmor Heat/Cold Gear or Nike DryFit shirts.  In warmer climates, the DryFit would be a nice.  I try to offset it by wearing UA under my polo, but that would be my big change to the improvement of the golf shirt.
The price would skyrocket and be a huge problem as the main polo. However, it would be the bee' knee's if it was a polo option!