Changing Senior Member Grade Insignias?

Started by RADIOMAN015, September 23, 2012, 02:05:38 PM

Garibaldi

Quote from: AngelWings on September 24, 2012, 09:29:54 PM
"I'll have the jungle fatigues!"

Now we're talking!

1982. I'm on the left.

Man what a hodge-podge posse we were. We'd just come back from an early summer FTX and found these cats squirreling around the dumpster. This was the trip I'd done a 750' rappel with my broken arm. I'd just finished 8th grade. The kid in the BDUs had just gotten them from his uncle or something as the Army had just transitioned to them.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Devil Doc

I think we should have Squares, circles and triangles to determine our ranks. That wat people would be even more confused.
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

AngelWings

That is a fine picture  ;D

Quote from: Devil Doc on September 24, 2012, 11:02:53 PM
I think we should have Squares, circles and triangles to determine our ranks. That wat people would be even more confused.
Either that or going back to Civil War days!

Devil Doc

Former HM3, U.S NAVY

ol'fido

Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

rustyjeeper

Quote from: cap235629 on September 23, 2012, 04:43:26 PM
Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on September 23, 2012, 02:05:38 PM
As we all know CAP grade worn by adults and teenagers is internal to Civil Air Patrol and has no effect on other military organizations.

What I think would be a good idea would be to have all senior member insignia be the same as cadets, with the only exception that the color would be a bright red.     The CAP grey should boards would still be utilized but the metal insignia could be changed out. 

As far as the one and two star generals, those stars would also be bright red in color.

This would ensure a very clear differentiation of CAP grade for adults wearing any CAP AF/corporate uniform :angel:
RM     

You just proved that the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is indeed a communist state as I have long stated was my reason for departure from the place of my birth.

There was no porof needed of that fact for me, admittedly I too am from Massachusetts I am saddened to say.
I have a better idea than changing the color of our CAP rank from what iit is now........
Instead of wasting a lot of money on new senior rank-
utilize those monies to change the background color on every Massachusetts flag to RED instead. Now that would clearly be a differentation I could live with. Wearing cadet lookalike rank is not something I would do........just sayin 8)

Devil Doc

Former HM3, U.S NAVY

The CyBorg is destroyed

In any case, his zealousness for red is at cross purposes with CAP's zealousness for grey.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

ol'fido

Of course, you have all seen how he got this ball of excrement rolling with one post and never posted again in the thread to this point. He likes to makes these posts to get just such a reaction. I am not much of a computer geek but even I know a troll when I see one.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Luis R. Ramos

Devil Doc,

Why not the Evzon uniform you posted, dyed red just for him.

And the shoes, with the black pompon instead in pink and yellow!

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Walkman

If all the insignia is red, how would we determine the difference between 2nd/1st LTs or Majors/Lt. Cols.? And if they're no longer gold, what happens to our beloved term of "Butterbar"?

Angus

Quote from: Walkman on September 26, 2012, 01:01:36 PM
If all the insignia is red, how would we determine the difference between 2nd/1st LTs or Majors/Lt. Cols.? And if they're no longer gold, what happens to our beloved term of "Butterbar"?

Part of the crazy idea was to change over to the same insignia the cadets officers use.  They would have them in the white and for seniors they would be red.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

ColonelJack

Quote from: ol'fido on September 26, 2012, 02:58:04 AM
Of course, you have all seen how he got this ball of excrement rolling with one post and never posted again in the thread to this point. He likes to makes these posts to get just such a reaction. I am not much of a computer geek but even I know a troll when I see one.

What I can't figure out is ... why?  Why is he allowed to do this without being censured in some way?

More importantly ... if he dislikes so much of what CAP is, why is he even a member?

Enquiring minds want to know ...

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

RogueLeader

Quote from: ColonelJack on September 26, 2012, 02:25:59 PM
Quote from: ol'fido on September 26, 2012, 02:58:04 AM

What I can't figure out is ... why?  Why is he allowed to do this without being censured in some way?

More importantly ... if he dislikes so much of what CAP is, why is he even a member?

Enquiring minds want to know ...

Jack

That question has been asked many, many times; with no answer.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Angus

I think it's one of those things we'll never know.
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

manfredvonrichthofen

Just think... He may be one of the guys who over starches his BDUs and wears corofram boots, and has a shape in his hat. While his blues are perfectly tailored, so much so that he even takes his awards every week to a shop to make sure all the spaces are aligned just perfectly. He just does this for the head scratching. >:D

Luis R. Ramos

Angus-

Walkman did not ask what colors cadets and seniors would have, which is what you answered.

Walkman asked "how do we distinguish between 2nd Lts and 1st Lts," and "how do we distinguish between Majors and Lt Cols."

2nd lts and Majors are yellow, and 1st Lts and Lt Cols are white. If all are red, how can we?

I can only think RM may be thinking it is possible if using different shades of red. For 2nd Lts, a red that is almost pink, and for 1st Lts a shade of red in the fuchsia scale...

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Devil Doc

Lets use Periwinkle and Fushia as the colors. Easy to spot, matches everybodies uniforms, and looks darn good in the sunlight.
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Walkman

Quote from: Angus on September 26, 2012, 01:25:49 PM
Quote from: Walkman on September 26, 2012, 01:01:36 PM

Part of the crazy idea was to change over to the same insignia the cadets officers use.  They would have them in the white and for seniors they would be red.

Ahhh, missed that.