Changing Senior Member Grade Insignias?

Started by RADIOMAN015, September 23, 2012, 02:05:38 PM

ColonelJack

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on September 23, 2012, 02:05:38 PM
As we all know CAP grade worn by adults and teenagers is internal to Civil Air Patrol and has no effect on other military organizations.

What I think would be a good idea would be to have all senior member insignia be the same as cadets, with the only exception that the color would be a bright red.     The CAP grey should boards would still be utilized but the metal insignia could be changed out. 

As far as the one and two star generals, those stars would also be bright red in color.

This would ensure a very clear differentiation of CAP grade for adults wearing any CAP AF/corporate uniform :angel:
RM     

What in the flaming @#&*@ is wrong with you???  Why would you even think of such an asinine, foolish, and downright insulting idea?

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

68w20

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on September 24, 2012, 01:33:12 AM
Quote from: wuzafuzz on September 23, 2012, 11:00:33 PM
What I think would be a good idea would be to have all senior member insignia be the same as cadets, with the only exception that the color would be a bright red.
RM     
You really have a secret desire to be a security guard don't you?  They even have gray uniforms, you'd be in heaven.

http://www.securitas.com/us/en/

The bright red color on their standard logo does really stands out and leaves no doubt what company you are dealing with.  Again NO DOUBT who you are dealing with.       
RM     

The purpose of their uniform is to make them stand out and let those surrounding them know that they are present and capable of providing security for a given area.  Our uniforms have entirely different purposes.  To suggest that the discernibility of their uniforms is an attribute which we should adopt for uniforms is akin to saying that because truck drivers use semi-trailers to transport cargo we should use the same apparatus to transport comms equipment.  We utilize military style uniforms for a myriad of purposes, including as a tool for the program which makes up a full third of our organizations missions.

And as a side note, you'll notice that the lettering on their shoulder patches is significantly smaller than the lettering on our CAP tapes:

And yet somehow bystanders can still tell that they're security providers and not meatball salespeople.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on September 24, 2012, 01:33:12 AM
A few of our former cadet members work at one of the local shopping malls security forces, so perhaps their cadet training helped them get the job.  Two of current adult members work in security.    BTW there's nothing wrong with someone wanting to or working in private/commercial security, I know two of our senior members currently work in private security and are very good people who will do their very best to perform the security job at hand :clap:
RM

No-one's saying that there is anything wrong with working for a private security firm, as long as you're well-trained, licenced, bonded, etc. and don't try to act like a Dirty Harry type (I've seen some that do).

But the grey/white uniform already looks like a mall cop uniform!
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

NCRblues

He is a professional troll...

Can we just move on? Please? Everyone knows this won't happen...
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

a2capt

Yup.. TROLL.. because RM just causes me To Roll Over Laughing Loudly.

They  must be cleaning up hazmat at Westover, and it's gotten in to the air..

♠SARKID♠

SJFedor

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Angus

Quote from: cap235629 on September 23, 2012, 04:43:26 PM
As we all know CAP grade worn by adults and teenagers is internal to Civil Air Patrol and has no effect on other military organizations.

What I think would be a good idea would be to have all senior member insignia be the same as cadets, with the only exception that the color would be a bright red.     The CAP grey should boards would still be utilized but the metal insignia could be changed out. 

As far as the one and two star generals, those stars would also be bright red in color.

This would ensure a very clear differentiation of CAP grade for adults wearing any CAP AF/corporate uniform :angel:
RM     

You just proved that the Commonwealth of Massachusetts is indeed a communist state as I have long stated was my reason for departure from the place of my birth.

Not everyone here in MAWG is on that kick. I think the grade is just fine as it is.  The only thing I wouldn't mind seeing change of the tape they're sewen on.  But having the same ones as used by the AF is a good thing.  Especially as we are the Auxilliary of the AF. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

manfredvonrichthofen

You don't like the uniform, you don't like the insignia, I am yet to hear of a single thing you do like. Why are you here? Do you even like the organization as a whole, are our missions important, do you not like the program?

What is the issue here?

Garibaldi

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on September 24, 2012, 05:13:29 PM
You don't like the uniform, you don't like the insignia, I am yet to hear of a single thing you do like. Why are you here? Do you even like the organization as a whole, are our missions important, do you not like the program?

What is the issue here?

Apparently, he has nothing better to do than stir the s***pot and get us all riled up. I just stopped answering him. There's a bunch of people out there in CAPland who don't really care for the program or what's contained within, and I do wonder why they continue on if they're so miserable.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

RogueLeader

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on September 24, 2012, 05:13:29 PM

What is the issue here?

We all know he likes the Polo shirt. . .
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Luis R. Ramos

It appears he also likes to learn what is new in CAP... to complain about it! :angel:

Flyer
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Angus

Quote from: flyer333555 on September 24, 2012, 07:54:44 PM
It appears he also likes to learn what is new in CAP... to complain about it! :angel:

Flyer

A lot of people do the same thing. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

Danger

"Never take anything too seriously."

Garibaldi

Quote from: Danger on September 24, 2012, 09:10:04 PM
I WANT THE TIGER STRIPES >:D

Go sit in the corner for 3 years until we sort the ABU mess out. In the meantime, no cookies or punch for you.

Danger

"Never take anything too seriously."

Garibaldi

Quote from: Danger on September 24, 2012, 09:26:03 PM
"I'll have the green boots"  >:D

Turn your chair around, and sit facing the wall. NO SOUP FOR YOU!

AngelWings

Critical AOA

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

Jon Knapp

Jonathan D. Knapp, C/1st Lt, CAP
Cadet Deputy Commander, MER-NC-800