Main Menu

Creases

Started by usafcap1, April 10, 2012, 09:05:12 PM

usafcap1

How do you make creases that can hypothetically cut thought anything ?  8)
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

HGjunkie

Starch, Starch and more Starch.

Not wearing your uniform increases the chances of keeping a crease.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

abdsp51

Stay-flo, stitch witch, a steam press or lots and lots of ironing

Al Sayre

Why would you want to?  If they'll cut through anything, they'd be a safety hazard and we'd have to cover you with warning tape and danger flagging.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eclipse

Quote from: Al Sayre on April 10, 2012, 09:13:04 PM
Why would you want to?  If they'll cut through anything, they'd be a safety hazard and we'd have to cover you with warning tape and danger flagging.

Not to mention the "Crease-Handling Video"...

"That Others May Zoom"

manfredvonrichthofen

I used to turn them inside out and drench them in heavy starch, turn them back out and run them through the dryer for a little bit, dry em out and then iron them. It makes them stuff as cardboard. But if you are doing any ES stuff or kneeling at all I wouldn't do it, they can crack at your knees, I mean literally crack. But i haven't done that in quite a while... I think I will at the next bDU meeting. >:D

titanII

Starch, iron with steam, and hang up after wearing. That keeps the creases sharp enough, and it maintains them for a couple meetings (unless you're one of those guys who washes their uniform after every meeting  >:D).
No longer active on CAP talk

lordmonar

Quote from: usafcap1 on April 10, 2012, 09:05:12 PM
Take it to the dry cleaners and ask for heavey starch.

Other then that....save your time and money and study for your next promotion.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

jeders

Install razor blades maybe. Otherwise just make it look presentable and don't worry about creases so sharp they can cut or blouses with enough starch to stand on their own.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

bflynn

I wish I knew how I did it - some combination of the material of the shirt, magic sizing, starch and 3 ironings, but I had a shirt that kept creases for three years without ironing.

I think it was a perm-press shirt to start with.  Then I ironed it three times with magic sizing, then starch then magic sizing again.  When washed and hung, the shirt would hang out without ironing and the creases were still there.

I just can't remember exactly what I did.  But it was 20+ years ago...

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: bflynn on April 11, 2012, 01:42:10 AM
I wish I knew how I did it - some combination of the material of the shirt, magic sizing, starch and 3 ironings, but I had a shirt that kept creases for three years without ironing.

I think it was a perm-press shirt to start with.  Then I ironed it three times with magic sizing, then starch then magic sizing again.  When washed and hung, the shirt would hang out without ironing and the creases were still there.

I just can't remember exactly what I did.  But it was 20+ years ago...
Magic sizing never works for me.

Get heavy starch and press the creases in
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Flying Pig

If you go to crazy with the startch your uniform will look terrible the first time you bend over. I always washed my shirt then pressed it out while it was still damp using steam and LIGHT Niagra spray starch. I had razor sharp creases. 4 yrs in the Marines and 4 in the Army I can tell you I had awesome creases.  The key is that it takes a little while to "train" the crease. A brand new shirt wont have razor creases right away. They set in with repeated ironing.

bosshawk

And now you wear a green bag to work everyday.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

usafcap1

Quote from: lordmonar on April 10, 2012, 09:36:17 PM
study for your next promotion.

I'm trying hard
|GES|SET|BCUT|ICUT|FLM|FLS*|MS|CD|MRO*|AP|IS-100|IS-200|IS-700|IS-800|

(Cadet 2008-2012)

Air•plane / [air-pleyn] / (ar'plan')-Massive winged machines that magically propel them selfs through the sky.

RogueLeader

Military creases are not allowed in cap.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 11, 2012, 05:04:31 PM
Military creases are not allowed in cap.
He was talking about creases on the sleeves.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

RogueLeader

He didn't mention anything in particular. I was just ensuring that it was covered.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

titanII

Quote from: Flying Pig on April 11, 2012, 01:57:33 AM
If you go to crazy with the startch your uniform will look terrible the first time you bend over.
Found that out the first time I tried starch. At least it wasn't with a uniform, but a regular dress shirt. That's why I only starch the sleeve creases (not even the entire sleeve) now.
No longer active on CAP talk

manfredvonrichthofen

Go for the whole shabang... Hi gloss shine on your boots and iron the snot out of you uniform... If you aren't up to doing it, or you are noticing any down bill trends in school or CAP testing, spend your time on that. Starting out a uniform with sharp creases and high gloss boots takes time, and if you have it, it looks good. But I always suggest ensuring that your studies and other responsibilities are taken care of first.

It is always nice to go above and beyond, but if you aren't already meeting the standard in the rest of it, focus there first.