eServices announcement about ABUs

Started by Tim Medeiros, December 28, 2011, 10:52:26 PM

Eclipse

OKWG has an upper red rocker:

WIWG has a blue lower rocker:

"That Others May Zoom"

jeders

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on January 17, 2012, 03:36:22 AM
The wing patch looks like Wisconsin to me.

It's Texas. Note the bright red top rocker and yellow in the middle field.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Eclipse

Quote from: jeders on January 17, 2012, 02:13:54 PM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on January 17, 2012, 03:36:22 AM
The wing patch looks like Wisconsin to me.

It's Texas. Note the bright red top rocker and yellow in the middle field.

TXWG's rocker is much smaller...

"That Others May Zoom"

shlebz

Quote from: CyBorg on December 30, 2011, 04:43:12 AM
Quote from: HGjunkie on December 30, 2011, 04:27:06 AM
About 67% of the reason I joined CAP initially was because I would have the ability to wear a variant of our Nation's Uniform. A lot of cadets have the primary motivator to join up tied into the uniforms, especially if they're coming from a military family or have aspirations to go into the military later on, etc.

It's not just cadets.  I joined very much because of the Air Force connection.  If that were lost, a big part of the appeal of CAP to me would be lost.

same, the main reason i joined was because of the uniforms and Air Force affiliation. If we drop the Air Force uniforms/affiliation, we lose a huge part of our charm to younger potential cadets...
C/1stLt Shelby Heberling
Mitchell #59813

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: NCRblues on January 17, 2012, 12:33:03 AM
I also believe that the root cause forcing someone to go off half cocked was that NHQ is caving to the "lets not make MA BLUE angry over anything crowd" and the radioman style "Abu's or anything close to active uniforms are scary crowd".

It's not just you.

It's me, too.

Really, the two crowds are one and the same.

It is that crowd that killed the CSU.

It is that crowd that wants everything CAP to be grey, drab and colourless.

It is that crowd that would have us all in polo shirts.

It is that crowd that assumes the AF would be against something without even asking them.

It is that crowd that has been a large part of the destruction of the esprit de corps of CAP.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

SAR-EMT1

Quote from: CyBorg on January 17, 2012, 07:46:43 PM
I also believe that the root cause forcing someone to go off half cocked was that NHQ is caving to the "lets not make MA BLUE angry over anything crowd" and the radioman style "Abu's or anything close to active uniforms are scary crowd".

It's not just you.

It's me, too.

It is that crowd that assumes the AF would be against something without even asking them.

It is that crowd that has been a large part of the destruction of the esprit de corps of CAP.

Agreed, now how do we get a National Commander who will change things back to the old ways ?
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on January 19, 2012, 02:57:27 AM
Quote from: CyBorg on January 17, 2012, 07:46:43 PM

It's not just you.

It's me, too.

Agreed, now how do we get a National Commander who will change things back to the old ways ?
Western style diplomacy: shoot everyone that says anything.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

arajca

Sapper168

Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

The CyBorg is destroyed

I don't think such a person exists.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

lordmonar

Quote from: CyBorg on January 19, 2012, 07:58:22 AM

I don't think such a person exists.
Oh......such people exist....they just will never be eleected to the position of National Commander....and if they ever got that high by accident....the NB would never let them get away with trying to enfoce the rules.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

RickRutledge

Quote from: Eclipse on January 17, 2012, 02:49:16 AM
Quote from: Extremepredjudice on January 17, 2012, 02:26:16 AM
Didn't anyone read my post?

He got the image off of google.

Hosted on Google doesn't = "found on Google".

I have to say, after seeing the full photo, at a minimum it looks legit for this cadet - even including
having the luggage tag sewn in place of the branch tape.  (Yes, people that item with the fully embroidered
edge is supposed to be a luggage tag...)

That doesn't fill in the why or how this came to be, but certainly answer the "if"....

I know that kid, he's from my wing -- pretty sharp cadet too, I've been to 2 encampments where he was on staff, this doesn't seem like him. I thought he was smarter than that.
Maj. Rick Rutledge
Wing Public Affairs Officer
Oklahoma Wing
Broken Arrow Composite Squadron
Commander
Civil Air Patrol
(Cadet 1996-2001)

Basher

I keep telling everybody that my squadron commander authorized my squadron to wear the ABU and so I got some and wore them to a meeting before I looked online and found out that they were not authorized for CAP wear. How does that make me the trouble maker?? ???
Sergeant Pain

davidsinn

Quote from: Basher on January 19, 2012, 06:30:46 PM
I keep telling everybody that my squadron commander authorized my squadron to wear the ABU and so I got some and wore them to a meeting before I looked online and found out that they were not authorized for CAP wear. How does that make me the trouble maker?? ???

Because as a cadet officer you should be smarter than that.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

NCRblues

Because your wing IG (who happens to be a member of this board) has already contacted your unit commander, and the unit commander said that was not true.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Basher

Quote from: NCRblues on January 19, 2012, 06:44:09 PM

Because your wing IG (who happens to be a member of this board) has already contacted your unit commander, and the unit commander said that was not true.
That actually can't even be true. I already talked to my unit commander about it and cleared things up. So, either you're a liar or my unit commander is a liar. You tell me.
Sergeant Pain

Brad

Quote from: shlebz on January 17, 2012, 05:02:03 PM
Quote from: CyBorg on December 30, 2011, 04:43:12 AM
Quote from: HGjunkie on December 30, 2011, 04:27:06 AM
About 67% of the reason I joined CAP initially was because I would have the ability to wear a variant of our Nation's Uniform. A lot of cadets have the primary motivator to join up tied into the uniforms, especially if they're coming from a military family or have aspirations to go into the military later on, etc.

It's not just cadets.  I joined very much because of the Air Force connection.  If that were lost, a big part of the appeal of CAP to me would be lost.

same, the main reason i joined was because of the uniforms and Air Force affiliation. If we drop the Air Force uniforms/affiliation, we lose a huge part of our charm to younger potential cadets...

Agreed. I joined CAP because I was medically disqualified from the service on a non-waiverable  condition. (sleepwalking) I felt lost after leaving NROTC and when I found out I could still at least ATTEMPT to make good on the oath I took as a Midshipman by getting back in uniform with CAP, I was delighted. I take pride in my uniform and am thankful that the Air Force lets us wear the blues. Don't shun it like the plague like I've seen some do here and elsewhere.
Brad Lee
Maj, CAP
Assistant Deputy Chief of Staff, Communications
Mid-Atlantic Region
K4RMN

NCRblues

Quote from: Basher on January 19, 2012, 06:49:44 PM
Quote from: NCRblues on January 19, 2012, 06:44:09 PM

That actually can't even be true. I already talked to my unit commander about it and cleared things up. So, either you're a liar or my unit commander is a liar. You tell me.

Your wing IG is Captain Edmund. He posts on here as Edmo1. Like many people have said on this forum before, be careful what you say....someone from your chain of command is ALWAYS watching....
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Basher on January 19, 2012, 06:49:44 PM

Cadet, your insistence that someone has to be a "liar" is not speaking well for you.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

ZigZag911

Quote from: davidsinn on January 19, 2012, 06:39:48 PM

Because as a cadet officer you should be smarter than that.

Smarter than to comply with what his unit commander tells him?

Is that really what we want in cadet officers?!?