eServices announcement about ABUs

Started by Tim Medeiros, December 28, 2011, 10:52:26 PM

ZigZag911

Of course, if in fact this is not what his squadron CC told him, then he's in it pretty deep...and I heartily concur, this young man should not be throwing the word 'liar' around so freely in a public venue!

RogueLeader

Quote from: ZigZag911 on January 19, 2012, 07:46:26 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on January 19, 2012, 06:39:48 PM
Quote from: Basher on January 19, 2012, 06:30:46 PM
I keep telling everybody that my squadron commander authorized my squadron to wear the ABU and so I got some and wore them to a meeting before I looked online and found out that they were not authorized for CAP wear. How does that make me the trouble maker?? ???

Because as a cadet officer you should be smarter than that.

Smarter than to comply with what his unit commander tells him?

Is that really what we want in cadet officers?!?

Had his commander said that he MUST wear any's, you would be right, but according to Basher's own testimony, he claims that he COULD. Big difference.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

We aren't in the age of radio nets and snail mail being the only official source of information.

A cadet officer should be knowledgeable enough about how CAP works, especially in regards to uniforms.

If his unit CC told him CAP was getting F-16's, he'd be on Facebook or Twitter in 30 seconds getting the skinny, but he ordered an
entire uniform without checking anywhere first? 

How did he know where to put the insignia, etc?

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

It sounds to me like selective hearing.

I for one advocate the "my commander told me" is okay.  But as has been stated...a Cadet officer who has been around the block should know better, should know how to challenge his commander and should know how to report it up the chain......if he had any motivation to do so.

But since he wanted to wear his ABU's (I am speculating) he did not bother to follow up.

Like Eclipse said.....if my wing commander came out yesterday and said "ABU's are authroised now", I would be on Eservices in 10 minutes checking out the references and then I would be here 10 seconds later celebrating.  If I could not find the references.....I would be on KB or calling NHQ for clarification.  I would not be going out to buy a set of ABU'S!

Also....What are the chances that some squadron commander in OKWG would get the word that we with our brain trust would not?!?!
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

SSGT FAY

A lot of surplus stores acquire them from service members not serving currently as much with marine Uniforms, I know for on afrotc are authorized at college level for cadets since they are hopefully future officers of the air force

As on the enlisted side the Abu do have specially treated ifr/iff thread coatings that make the uniform a controlled itemed yes you can buy on civilian market but if caught with can face prosecution for controlled items if not able to provide a USAF identification common access card (cac Id)

I myself would rather wear multicam(OEf afghan camo) or a-tacs

Just speaking as both cap member and USAF service member
Shawn c "leprechaun" Fay
Ssgt, USAF-ANG 123mxs/mxmp
2a651-aerospace propulsion mechanic

Extremepredjudice

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

SSGT FAY

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on January 19, 2012, 08:25:41 PM
Lying is now an IG issue?  ???

Lying is an discreditable offense and is punishable but still lying is unethical

Armed forces wide active duty reservse and guard lying is punishable under ucmj
Shawn c "leprechaun" Fay
Ssgt, USAF-ANG 123mxs/mxmp
2a651-aerospace propulsion mechanic

Basher

Quote from: ZigZag911 on January 19, 2012, 07:48:38 PM
Of course, if in fact this is not what his squadron CC told him, then he's in it pretty deep...and I heartily concur, this young man should not be throwing the word 'liar' around so freely in a public venue!
Email my CC if you are so worried about it. Here is the address:
Sergeant Pain

abdsp51

Basher there is a time and place for everything.  Question do you plan on enlisting at all or gettibg commisioned?  If so then you need to learn when to pick and choose your battles and when to bite the bullet.  Your conduct has put you in the predicament you are in. Parties were contacted and the answer has been unaminous. Let it go before you dig a deeper hole.

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Basher on January 19, 2012, 08:43:12 PM
Somebody already has, dude.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

davidsinn

Quote from: Basher on January 19, 2012, 08:43:12 PM

Posting your commander's email address on a public board is rather stupid. You just set him up for all kinds of spam now. I would be rather pissed if one of my cadet's posted mine in public.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

NCRblues

Does anyone else notice that we do this sort of battle with someone new on here every other month or so?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

davidsinn

Quote from: NCRblues on January 19, 2012, 09:07:57 PM
Does anyone else notice that we do this sort of battle with someone new on here every other month or so?

Five bucks says it's not someone new each time...
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

abdsp51

New person maybe but IIRC I think it's new person each time however I can only recall one who took an issue to the extremes.

NCRblues

Quote from: abdsp51 on January 19, 2012, 09:14:22 PM
New person maybe but IIRC I think it's new person each time however I can only recall one who took an issue to the extremes.

Oh there have been lots...they normally go away after posting. One of my favorite is hardshell clam :D
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

Eclipse

I think it's a by-product of this "Raise Awareness" attitude that pervades our online society.

"That Others May Zoom"