The wonderful World of covers.

Started by CadetMurphy, December 20, 2011, 06:33:07 PM

Nathan

Quote from: Eclipse on April 24, 2012, 09:22:43 PM
http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/2012_03_12_Uniform_Manual_EDA9CCE9FE03A.pdf

j. Blue Beret awarded at National Cadet Special Activity.  The standard AF blue beret
with the Blue Beret activity hat device may be worn with the BDU uniform after the completion
of the activity.

So wait. Is that supposed to be interpreted as permission to wear the beret ANYWHERE after the activity? Or is it only defining the custom that has already existed where the blue beret can actually be worn at NBB after it is awarded?

I only ask because apparently that debate exists, and I missed it. And if I'm opening a can of worms that has already been opened before, then just ignore me.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

manfredvonrichthofen

You know what... Answering another thread I figured out just why for me...

Once you are used to wearing something for a long period of time, anything else just doesn't feel right. And that is how a beret feels on my head, it just feels right. A PC is ok, sure some like it more, but after wearing it for so long, and getting so comfortable wearing one, I don't want to wear anything else.

And about it being a must to be SF or Ranger, I believe I earned the black beret in he Army, I fought, and I fought hard, yes I know I probably sound like a tool saying this right here, but dang it it is in my bones now, I fought hard, I worked hard and I earned my beret, and it was nice wearing it. I still look at it every once in a while and dream about what if I were still wearing this?

Sory for the little rant and sorry for sounding like a tool, but it really is in my bones.

Eclipse

I read it as the NBB hat can now be worn at the wearer's discretion over either field uniform after completion of NBB, which is a change from before,
where it could only be worn over the BBDU.

"That Others May Zoom"

lordmonar

Quote from: Nathan on April 25, 2012, 01:49:09 AM

j. Blue Beret awarded at National Cadet Special Activity.  The standard AF blue beret
with the Blue Beret activity hat device may be worn with the BDU uniform after the completion
of the activity.

So wait. Is that supposed to be interpreted as permission to wear the beret ANYWHERE after the activity? Or is it only defining the custom that has already existed where the blue beret can actually be worn at NBB after it is awarded?

I only ask because apparently that debate exists, and I missed it. And if I'm opening a can of worms that has already been opened before, then just ignore me.
ANYWHERE where the head gear is not otherwise specified.  The regulation still leave the commander/activity director the authority to dictate the proper head gear.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on April 25, 2012, 01:54:55 AMANYWHERE where the head gear is not otherwise specified.  The regulation still leave the commander/activity director the authority to dictate the proper head gear.

Agreed.

"That Others May Zoom"

titanII

Quote from: SPD6696 on April 25, 2012, 12:49:01 AM
Embrace the barracks hat (service hat?)
I think you meant flight cap.
But anyways, I agree.
Be happy with what you've got, wear it well, and accomplish the mission.
No longer active on CAP talk

Major Carrales

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 25, 2012, 01:51:43 AM

Once you are used to wearing something for a long period of time, anything else just doesn't feel right. And that is how a beret feels on my head, it just feels right. A PC is ok, sure some like it more, but after wearing it for so long, and getting so comfortable wearing one, I don't want to wear anything else.

Quite possibly the most honest and honorable realization I have read on CAPTALK in a long time.  That is the sort of move that convinces me that your point is valid in your mind.  I will make no more "hay" about it!!!  :clap:
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Nathan

Quote from: lordmonar on April 25, 2012, 01:54:55 AM
Quote from: Nathan on April 25, 2012, 01:49:09 AM

of the activity.

ANYWHERE where the head gear is not otherwise specified.  The regulation still leave the commander/activity director the authority to dictate the proper head gear.

Is this interpretation supported by anything else? It's apparently an issue of some contention now, I realize as I get back into CAP...
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

Eclipse

Quote from: Nathan on April 25, 2012, 04:17:33 PMIs this interpretation supported by anything else? It's apparently an issue of some contention now, I realize as I get back into CAP...

Yes, 39-1, Page 7

The National Commander and other commanders may specify the wear of a particular uniform type
for the purpose of achieving a uniform appearance at squadron, group, wing, region, and national
functions.  However, all commanders must be mindful of the objective of attaining a neatly
uniformed appearance at a minimum of personal expense to the individual member and will
consequently refrain from imposing unreasonable uniform requirements

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 24, 2012, 06:52:05 PM
But any ways, all is good, I will continue to wear mine in Indiana wing, and be proud of it.

Does INWG allow it with the AF blue uniform?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: CyBorg on April 25, 2012, 06:51:59 PM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 24, 2012, 06:52:05 PM
But any ways, all is good, I will continue to wear mine in Indiana wing, and be proud of it.

Does INWG allow it with the AF blue uniform?
No, only in field uniforms, and only while participating during ES training and meetings... And for us, that is pretty much any time were in BDUs.

SPD6696

Quote from: titanII on April 25, 2012, 02:22:09 AM
But anyways, I agree.

Barracks hat, I think you guys call it a saucer hat.
"You are
  What you do
  When it counts." - Steakley, "Armor"

"If you can't do something smart, do something right."

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: SPD6696 on April 26, 2012, 01:42:02 AM
But anyways, I agree.

Volume knob.

Sapper168

Quote from: SPD6696 on April 26, 2012, 01:42:02 AM
But anyways, I agree.

Service Cap
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

Eclipse

Wheel cap.

Bus driver hat.

Andy Frain cover.

"That Others May Zoom"

titanII

Oh, I read "barracks", and thought you meant something like "garrison cap," which is basically a flight cap. Classic mix-up.
No longer active on CAP talk

SPD6696

Dropped my kid off at the Fly-In for the week, yesterday.  Saw at least 2 senior members walking around in BDUs with boonie hats on.   But, just being a parent, I moved out and kept my mouth shut.
"You are
  What you do
  When it counts." - Steakley, "Armor"

"If you can't do something smart, do something right."