The wonderful World of covers.

Started by CadetMurphy, December 20, 2011, 06:33:07 PM

CadetMurphy

This last week at our squadrons blues night we had a cadet from another wing come and visit this cadet that will remain nameless was sporting a black beret with there blues which is completely out of regs but then this cadet said to me that his wing (Texas) has the right to were these when complete with GES is anyone from Texas wing that can verify this? Thank you very much. 8)

Eclipse

No one in CAP can authorize the wear of a beret with blues, so it doesn't matter what wing he was from, however shouting about it won't help things.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

:o

Just because you can use the "Font size" box it doesn't mean you should.

SarDragon, I'll leave the rest to you >:D. I wouldn't want to deprive you of your fun.

a2capt

"their" blues. .. and whats with the Mr. Magoo sized type?

Spaceman3750

There are no suppliments to the 39-1 listed on TXWG's site. Either the cadet was misinformed or the squadron has a "local" thing going on that shouldn't be happening.

RADIOMAN015

Right now regulation wise you can't do that.  HOWEVER, Texas wing might be on to something.  Personally under the "low light" rule our uniforms are suppose to be distinctive enough,  the black beret should would be differentiation.   HOWEVER, I think what would even be better would be a    fluorescent orange beret.  It would also have new CAP triangle logo on it.  This would be great!  The beret could also be worn with the BDU's or BBDU's. :angel:
RM       

Persona non grata

I have been and advocate of letting Ground Teams wear orange colored berets for the last 20 years.  I think we should always have didfrrent colored uniforms.

RED - Command and Operations, ES
Gold - PD, safety, Cadet Programs
Blue- AEO, Medical
Green- CISM, CDI, Chaplain
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

exFlight Officer

Quote from: eaker.cadet on December 20, 2011, 07:28:14 PM
I have been and advocate of letting Ground Teams wear orange colored berets for the last 20 years.  I think we should always have didfrrent colored uniforms.

Blue- AEO, Medical

I like the idea, though I think the duty assignment colors could be changed a bit.

Spaceman3750

Why is everyone hellbent on wearing silly things on their head?

spacecommand

Blue- AEO, Medical

HMMMM........

Except Councelor Troi never wore Green, she wore nontraditional uniforms until some strict Captain in a later season set her strait (she wore the standard blue uniform later in the series).

Eclipse

Everyone in that photo has a single job and stays in their lane...

Anything else?

"That Others May Zoom"

titanII

Blue- AEO, Medical
I kind of like the idea, except I don't think that berets are the best thing to implement that idea. Personally, I don't very much like berets on utility uniforms because of their lack of practicality. What about different colored t-shirts under BDU's?
The only thing is, wouldn't this system just be redundant of the badges we're already wearing?
No longer active on CAP talk

JeffDG

Would the coloured uniforms be an ORM issue, because the junior officer in red always dies. >:D

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: JeffDG on December 20, 2011, 08:12:47 PM
Would the coloured uniforms be an ORM issue, because the junior officer in red always dies. >:D

You mean Ensign Sune-To B. Dead?

bassque

In regards to the ground teams having different uniforms, I totally agree.  I do like our California Wing supplimental regulation which has GT members being VERY visible in the field.  It helps us in a lot of ways. 

http://sq45.cawg.cap.gov/Uniform/CAWG_GTuniform.html

Spaceman3750

Quote from: bassque on December 20, 2011, 09:08:22 PM
In regards to the ground teams having different uniforms, I totally agree.  I do like our California Wing supplimental regulation which has GT members being VERY visible in the field.  It helps us in a lot of ways. 

I think I had a nightmare with that in it once. Just goes along with the strangeness that is California and CAWG.

I'll stick with my orange harness, thanks. In the meantime, I will repeat my question and make it a little bit more succinct - why are we hellbent on making ourselves look like morons?

CAP_Marine

That is, to my knowledge, not an accepted (or as previously pointed out- permissable) practice in TXWG. The only thing remotely close I have heard of at one point was a black shoulder cord possibly being authorized for GSAR grads but that is unsubstantiated.

Eclipse

A very interesting paradigm - some participants on this board claim CAWG's ground presence is nearly zero, yet the wing has its own, unique uniform for these members. 

"That Others May Zoom"

Mark_Wheeler

Quote from: Eclipse on December 20, 2011, 09:20:23 PM

A very interesting paradigm - some participants on this board claim CAWG's ground presence is nearly zero, yet the wing has its own, unique uniform for these members.

At the moment we have a very small ground team presence, however we're working on our partnerships with local search and rescue agencies. One of the first steps was to wear a uniform very similar to the county SAR folks.

a2capt

Yeah, and that uniform addendum makes using that thing such a pain in the rear end, it's easier to say screw it.  .. and all this "dress like them so they'll like us" garbage makes me sick.

How about fix the problems, and stop ramming someone else's pet project down my wallet.

There's nothing wrong with the orange vest.