Senior Officers uncomfortable in Air Force skin?

Started by Gender, November 09, 2011, 05:37:11 PM

RogueLeader

The Big Burning Question is what wing he/shes an IG for, if he/she is an IG. . .
The answers that have been given do not match the CAP that we all know and love.  It is suspicious, to just about anyone.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Hardshell Clam

"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!"

Homer Simpson

lordmonar

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 16, 2011, 09:49:05 PM
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!"

Homer Simpson

Interesting sentiment comming from somone on the IG staff.  :-\
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: RogueLeader on November 16, 2011, 09:33:13 PM
The Big Burning Question is what wing he/shes an IG for, if he/she is an IG. . .
The answers that have been given do not match the CAP that we all know and love.  It is suspicious, to just about anyone.

And when you and "everyone" posts all the information that has been asked of me, so will I.

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: lordmonar on November 16, 2011, 09:50:19 PM
Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 16, 2011, 09:49:05 PM

Homer Simpson

Interesting sentiment comming from somone on the IG staff.  :-\

It was a JOKE. But sure, twist it to suit yourself.

RogueLeader

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 16, 2011, 09:51:01 PM

And when you and "everyone" posts all the information that has been asked of me, so will I.

I haven't made any unsubstantiated claims that drew fire.  You have.  Anyways, CAP entry 26 Oct 04, no breaks, AD Army 26 Jun 08 through 26 Apr 10 (medical discharge) IG Basic in NCWG 2009 or 2010.  Never worked an IG Complaint, went through several SUIs (as a member of tyhe Unit being inspected)  Current UOA is WY-066.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

johnnyb47

I think I covered my part in my sig. Who's next? -heh
Using my real name for a username was a nice touch too, eh? :)
I thought about leaving a little bit of my identity out to keep myself mysterious.
Thank you for proving (directly and or indirectly) I made the right choice.  ;D
(i kid of course.)
Capt
Information Technology Officer
Communications Officer

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: RogueLeader on November 16, 2011, 10:00:02 PM

I haven't made any unsubstantiated claims that drew fire.  You have.  Anyways, CAP entry 26 Oct 04, no breaks, AD Army 26 Jun 08 through 26 Apr 10 (medical discharge) IG Basic in NCWG 2009 or 2010.  Never worked an IG Complaint, went through several SUIs (as a member of tyhe Unit being inspected)  Current UOA is WY-066.

"Dear Homer, IOU one emergency donut. Signed Homer. Bastard! He's always one step ahead."
Homer Simpson

Hardshell Clam

Quote from: john_Bowers on November 16, 2011, 10:02:11 PM

I think I covered my part in my sig. Who's next? -heh

Using my real name for a username was a nice touch too, eh? :)
I thought about leaving a little bit of my identity out to keep myself mysterious.
Thank you for proving (directly and or indirectly) I made the right choice.  ;D
(i kid of course.)

Indeed

JeffDG

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 16, 2011, 10:23:16 PM

"Dear Homer, IOU one emergency donut. Signed Homer. Bastard! He's always one step ahead."
Homer Simpson

Mmmmmmm...forbidden donut....

RogueLeader

Quote from: Hardshell Clam on November 16, 2011, 10:23:16 PM

Homer Simpson

:o really?  i'm being honest and you're. . .ignorant, apathetic,  I don't know . .  I do know you aren't serious.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Major Lord

I am not really anti-Reid, its just mostly used in Law Enforcement, and has a slightly different dynamic than Wicklander. Please note that I am NOT making any accusations here. I think even the kinder gentler Wicklander techniques would make the CAP Guardhouse lawyers faint of heart, and although I know that I could do a better job than most at finding the truth of a situation, I think that the CAP IG only has this is mind as a secondary consideration.

For instance, one technique used in large scale investigations, where dozens or hundreds have to be interviewed is a "Narrowing Interview". One part of this is soliciting the most trusted person down to the least trusted person from each individual in a group. Good guys tend to endorse good guys, and bad guys tend to endorse bad guys, and a number of arithmetic subsets usually emerge quickly ( Of course, this works best when not everyone in the group is a dirtbag, which we can't assume) Bad Guys are generally less likely to endorse or rate individuals on their trust scale, which is another way of identifying them.

This technique is fast and dirty, and used for those " Who killed professor Klum in the library" type cases. I can guarantee you , asking CAP members for non-endorsements ( least trusted rating) is really, really, going to piss off CAP. So I believe that my civilian expertise is still too "active" a method for CAP, which seems to rely more on the passive methods. Reid would make them lose control of their sphincters! I remember having to respond to an IG investigation in writing covering about 20 pages of "accusations" like, Q: Why did you state that Senior Members have no Honor code? Answer, Because Senior Members have no Honor Code. Q: Why did you prevent a Cadet from promoting? Answer: The Cadet had not completed the promotion requirements.

The CAP IG process to me looks more like shotgun discovery motions than investigations per se.

"Weaseling out of things is what separates us from the animals........Except the weasels!" Homer Simpson

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

NCRblues

CAP- joined Nov 2000 no break in service

USAF- Joined may 2005- discharged (honorable medical) june 2010 (or may or july) depending on which DD-214/215 I look at...got to love the govt right?). 2 tours of IRAQ with the 332nd EMG.

Current CAP service - newly appointed wing DCP.

and look, im still "anonymous".... anything else?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

DrJbdm

I have been trained in the Reid Technique, while I believe that at its base it provides a good set of skills to help determine truth or untruth while asking interview questions but it may not be completely usable on every CAP IG investigation. Is it something that can be used all the time in every CAP investigation? No. But can it be used in certain CAP investigations? Yes. I have used it in conducting a couple of different CAP investigations. Keep in mind that most CAP investigations never reach a formal interview stage, most can be wrapped up with a few phone calls / emails.

In some cases, you simply cannot just ask the question, record the answer and move on. Commanders need to know enough information to make a good decision, as a CAP IG or Investigative Officer; I cannot just take the answer given and move on in all cases. If the answer given doesn't fit the things you know, then you need to look into this a little closer. Having an investigator who is trained and expereinced to observe the non verbal cues we give off while answering questions either truthfully or untruthfully can be very beneficial in this process. This stuff isn't covered at the Basic IG or even Senior IG course, but it is covered some at the IG College.

Hardshell, I have been in this business a long time, I have never heard of a Federal Officer trained at the Federal law Enforcement Training Center to refer to it as "Glynco". It's normally referred to as FLETC. You have professed to be a former or was it current Federal Officer? What Agency did you / do you work for? Were you in an 1811 series job?  What year did you graduate FLETC and what course of Instruction, length of time were you there?  None of the answers you give would hurt your desire to remain anonymous. Simply saying you worked as a Special Agent for TIGTA or whatever Agency you worked for would say nothing of your identity. How you answer these questions will of course determine if you are being honest with us about your past employment. Oh by the way, don't try giving Wikipedia answers, some of us have been to and graduated from FLETC, and can smell the ones faking the funk a mile away. Maybe you are being honest, if you are or have been a real US. Federal Officer then great, I will be the first to apologize for calling you out. 

You also claimed to be an Attorney from what others have said on this board. Where did you graduate from Law School and where have you been admitted to the Bar? Once again, those answers can not hurt your desire to remain anonymous. I believe you went thru the CAP IG course, probably even the Senior IG course, I believe you may even be an Assistant IG for a some Wing. I do believe that you are misguided and even wrong by your desire to conduct IG business outside of an appropriate CAP uniform. I always wear a CAP uniform while conducting CAP business, normally blues while conducting an interview and normally wear BDU's or more likely simply a CAP Polo shirt or even a flight suit on SUI's (if I fly in). I will be the first to admit, that I do not typically wear a uniform to every CAP meeting I attend, it's normally not convenient.

Major Lord

.................and what color is the boat house at Hereford?

Okay, let me be a little forthcoming. As an investigator/interviewer, its okay for us to lie to witnesses and subjects and trick them into answering our questions. Now this is not the sole technique to the interview method, but I think CAP would choke on using deception to obtain information. Of course, I have not taken the IG course, so maybe its in the training texts. Lying in CAP does not seem to be particularly uncommon.......The basic skills of interview and deception detection are of course relevant to what a CAP IG does, I just doubt that their brief goes as far as a criminal interview conducted at either the law enforcement or civilian level. Reid is also good for cops because its much easier to spell than "Wicklander-Zulawski!"  ;D

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

a2capt

JeffDG

Quote from: NCRblues on November 16, 2011, 11:06:53 PM

USAF- Joined may 2005- discharged (honorable medical) june 2010 (or may or july) depending on which DD-214/215 I look at...got to love the govt right?). 2 tours of IRAQ with the 332nd EMG.

Care to guess how many DCPs originally joined CAP in 2000?  And none of them in November.

NCRblues

Quote from: JeffDG on November 17, 2011, 12:52:47 AM
Quote from: NCRblues on November 16, 2011, 11:06:53 PM

Care to guess how many DCPs originally joined CAP in 2000?  And none of them in November.

Ok let me reprahse that for you...assistant DCP.

Edit: just looked myself up, joined 29th Nov 2000. Need me to PM you?
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

sandman

Quote from: DrJbdm on November 17, 2011, 12:03:39 AM
   Hardshell, I have been in this business a long time, I have never heard of a Federal Officer trained at the Federal law Enforcement Training Center to refer to it as "Glynco". It's normally referred to as FLETC.

Informally known as Glynco.
US Public Health Service, Bureau of Prisons.
Just FYI...
MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol
Major, 163rd ATKW Support, Joint Medical Command

The CyBorg is destroyed

Exiled from GLR-MI-011