Wearing CAP Blues in Airport

Started by capsr, June 23, 2011, 11:40:01 PM

RiverAux

Quote from: Eclipse on July 26, 2011, 11:08:52 PM
Although any CAP uniform may be worn, aviator shirt, blazer combination, or appropriate civilian attire is encouraged to be worn on military aircraft (except orientation flights or IACE). EXCEPTIONS: BDUs and flight suits will not be worn. This will enable members to arrive for activity participation with the proper uniform ready to wear.[/i]
This part has no relation to the discussion of wearing CAP uniforms on commercial flights.  It isn't in the same row on the table.  It only has to do with flights on military aircraft. 

QuoteIf you go by the way you are reading it, the only thing authorized on a commercial carrier is Blues, since the next line, then, would only apply to military aircraft.
Exactly right. 

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

clara

The string below shows ignorance more than anything else. First, the USPHS and NOAA are uniformed services just like the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard. Each commissioned officer is endorsed by the Senate and the President of the United States. Yes, you salute federal commissioned officers. Second, at least in the Army, if you are using commercial transportation (airplane or otherwise), you are not supposed to travel in uniform. You travel in uniform when using military or private modes of transportation.

RogueLeader

Quote from: clara on October 31, 2012, 03:42:13 AM
Second, at least in the Army, if you are using commercial transportation (airplane or otherwise), you are not supposed to travel in uniform. You travel in uniform when using military or private modes of transportation.

Interesting. When I left both basic and AIT, I traveled via commercial air and bus in uniform as I was required to.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

PHall

Quote from: RogueLeader on October 31, 2012, 03:49:12 AM
Second, at least in the Army, if you are using commercial transportation (airplane or otherwise), you are not supposed to travel in uniform. You travel in uniform when using military or private modes of transportation.

Interesting. When I left both basic and AIT, I traveled via commercial air and bus in uniform as I was required to.

I think that's part of the NooB Initiation process...

AngelWings

This thread was brought back from the dead for this? Please, lets not call anyone ignorant in your first post on a thread that has been happily deceased for more than a year.

RogueLeader

It might be  a TRADOC thing, but I doubt it. I'd need a cite.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

RogueLeader

Quote from: AngelWings on October 31, 2012, 04:02:05 AM
This thread was brought back from the dead for this? Please, lets not call anyone ignorant in your first post on a thread that has been happily deceased for more than a year.

He was calling basic trainees and AIT soldiers n00bs. Not clara.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Critical AOA

Halloween and back from the dead threads.  How wonderfully appropriate!

It's Alive!!

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."   - George Bernard Shaw

FlyTiger77

... Second, at least in the Army, if you are using commercial transportation (airplane or otherwise), you are not supposed to travel in uniform. You travel in uniform when using military or private modes of transportation.

I would be interested in seeing the directive, regulation or other authority that supports your position.

Typically, Soldiers traveling in a duty status travel in uniform which is why you see the airports full of Soldiers in uniform.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

C/2d Lt

I will be attending a winter encampment out of state. Because of this I have to fly there and I was instructed, by the rules/ regulations, to travel in Blues uniform so that when I am being picked up I will be recognizable. Is this still ok even though everyone is saying not to travel in uniform.
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: C/MSgt on October 31, 2012, 04:17:30 PM
I will be attending a winter encampment out of state. Because of this I have to fly there and I was instructed, by the rules/ regulations, to travel in Blues uniform so that when I am being picked up I will be recognizable. Is this still ok even though everyone is saying not to travel in uniform.

CAP Honor Guard Academy REQUIRES cadets to arrive in uniform for a uniform inspection on the spot at the airport.

C/2d Lt

That may be, however I am not attending the honor guard academy at encampment.  In ES Flight and don't even need me blues because we are not wearing them on graduation, but it says that is is mandatory for all cadets that are flying to fly in blues.
C/1st Lt Neuman                                                 Cadet Executive Officer    NER-NY- 135                                    

Kansas Wing Winter Encampment ES Flight-2012       *GTM3, MRO, UDF, FLM, MSA
New York Wing Encampment-
              2012- Golf Flight Inflight
              2013- Charlie Flight Commander- Honor Flight for the Encampment
              2014- Squadron 2 Commander

Flying Pig

Quote from: usafaux2004 on October 31, 2012, 04:32:37 PM
Quote from: C/MSgt on October 31, 2012, 04:17:30 PM

CAP Honor Guard Academy REQUIRES cadets to arrive in uniform for a uniform inspection on the spot at the airport.

Oh Geeez.... are you freakin' serious?  How lame is that? 

Майор Хаткевич

That's what their page stated. Now IIRC they had the same policy in 2005, but it was changed and we arrived in civvies and had our uniform inspection upon arriving at the activity.

FlyTiger77

Quote from: usafaux2004 on October 31, 2012, 05:58:03 PM
That's what their page stated. Now IIRC they had the same policy in 2005, but it was changed and we arrived in civvies and had our uniform inspection upon arriving at the activity.

Which seems much more reasonable.
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

RogueLeader

Quote from: FlyTiger77 on October 31, 2012, 09:26:57 PM

It's a lot more logistic friendly for those that fail- you're already at the airport to return home. No need to find an available driver to take them back.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

ol'fido

Quote from: RogueLeader on October 31, 2012, 09:31:49 PM
Quote from: FlyTiger77 on October 31, 2012, 09:26:57 PM

It's a lot more logistic friendly for those that fail- you're already at the airport to return home. No need to find an available driver to take them back.
Please put an emoticon or something there that tells me YOU..ARE..JOKING...RIGHT. ???
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

RogueLeader

No. I'm not joking.

If somebody fails the required inspection, they go home. If they do it at the airport, and fail. Boom, they are already ready to be sent back. No extra logistics needed to deal with.

Now send them to duty location, and they fail. Now you have to get at least one driver and van that has to be utilized to return that cadet back to the airport. That cost is the time and fuel that could have been better utilized had said inspection been at the airport.

Do I think that its a big deal?  No.

However, you see how one is more logistics friendly?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340