Main Menu

ABU's???

Started by CAPCAPT41, May 24, 2011, 10:25:21 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Ned on November 11, 2011, 04:35:32 AM
Yup, it's a mystery all right.

If the CAP Jedi Master Ned  ;) :) ;D 8) says it's a mystery, then forget about trying to figure it out.

Quote from: Ned on November 11, 2011, 04:35:32 AM
It sure would be a lot easier if our AF partners would just appoint a single POC for CAP uniform issues.

Logic would dictate it would be Col. Gloyd, since he heads the AF agency that "owns" us, or someone on his staff, but since when have "logic" and the military (or CAP) been inclusive of one another? ???
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

PHall

Quote from: CyBorg on November 11, 2011, 08:06:57 PM
Logic would dictate it would be Col. Gloyd, since he heads the AF agency that "owns" us, or someone on his staff, but since when have "logic" and the military (or CAP) been inclusive of one another? ???

Then your logic fails you. Col Gloyd is not high enough on the food chain. Uniform decisions are made at the Headquarters U.S. Air Force level.

davidsinn

Quote from: PHall on November 12, 2011, 01:10:28 AM
Quote from: CyBorg on November 11, 2011, 08:06:57 PM

Then your logic fails you. Col Gloyd is not high enough on the food chain. Uniform decisions are made at the Headquarters U.S. Air Force level.

And that's the problem. We have the manpower of a MAJCOM yet the guy that owns us can't make the decisions.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: PHall on November 12, 2011, 01:10:28 AM

Perhaps.  However, I mention Colonel Gloyd simply as a POC, not as a decision-maker.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

afgeo4

I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this before, but since USAF has phased out all BDUs, that technically legally takes the uniform out of the "Air Force style" category and should remove all height/weight and grooming restrictions. Technically it is now a corporate uniform and thus, USAF should have no authority over it. This gives CAP a chance to authorized ALL members to wear the BDU and finally achieve a uniformed field look.

Of course that's until they authorize the ABU or whatever will be the USAF uniform.
GEORGE LURYE

RiverAux

Actually, I brought that the possibility of making BDUs our all-purpose uniform once they were out of AF inventory in a thread here a couple of years ago (I may have posted the link in this thread somewhere).  However, its not as simple as just saying "Well, the AF doesn't wear it anymore, we can do what we want".  AF still has approval over our uniforms. 

NCRblues

Quote from: afgeo4 on December 08, 2011, 04:03:18 AM
I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this before, but since USAF has phased out all BDUs, that technically legally takes the uniform out of the "Air Force style" category and should remove all height/weight and grooming restrictions. Technically it is now a corporate uniform and thus, USAF should have no authority over it. This gives CAP a chance to authorized ALL members to wear the BDU and finally achieve a uniformed field look.

Of course that's until they authorize the ABU or whatever will be the USAF uniform.

Don't we all wish it was that simple, but it is not. I think we all found out ANY uniform is not that simple with the CSU debacle.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

SarDragon

I'm betting that until the reg is changed, or USAF publishes something specific, the camo BDU will still be considered an AF-style uniform, with all the current restrictions.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

tsrup

Quote from: SarDragon on December 08, 2011, 06:57:04 AM
I'm betting that until the reg is changed, or USAF publishes something specific, the camo BDU will still be considered an AF-style uniform, with all the current restrictions.

If there were to be a phase out for BDU's I would see it going permanently, not being authorized as a corporate uniform. 

If it were to remain, I think it would go the same way as the old style service coat, and be authorized for cadets only, even if it's for a time period longer than for seniors.

Only because this would be the most difficult and convoluted way to make the process go.  Therefore, this is exactly how it will be done.
Paramedic
hang-around.

Angus

We're not going to get ABU's ever.  We're also going to phase out of the Air Force uniform and all coroprate uniforms and make a new uniform.  This time it will be one uniform for all.

Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

BillB

So getting rid of the USAF uniform would make many seniors happy. They could have great flying cl;ub  squadron meetings. But you could also say goodbye to the cadet program
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

RogueLeader

Quote from: Flint on December 08, 2011, 03:31:43 PM
We're not going to get ABU's ever.  We're also going to phase out of the Air Force uniform and all coroprate uniforms and make a new uniform.  This time it will be one uniform for all.

Cite please.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Angus

Quote from: RogueLeader on December 08, 2011, 05:42:01 PM
Quote from: Flint on December 08, 2011, 03:31:43 PM

Cite please.

My post didn't come out right.  Look at the image I attached.  It was supposed to a joke post. 
Maj. Richard J. Walsh, Jr.
Director Education & Training MAWG 
 Gill Robb Wilson #4030

The CyBorg is destroyed

Except that you would have to use the grey Imperial uniform to keep the grey zealots happy. >:D

Honestly, I don't ever see us getting ABU's, and it's way down the food chain of CAP issues I concern myself with.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

titanII

I'd be fine with wearing Star Wars uniforms. IF and only if we got to wear the full Storm Trooper/Clone Trooper armor. Although I would settle for Boba Fett or Jango Fett armor. I will stand my ground on this issue!
;D

No longer active on CAP talk