CAPM 39-1 REVISIONS GAME

Started by caphornbuckle, January 02, 2011, 02:51:14 AM

Major Carrales

Quote from: Eclipse on February 11, 2011, 09:25:13 PM
To Sparky, I know exactly what it means - 1 uniform, 1 CAP.  And all the nonsesne arguments and discussions we have to deal with after encampments, HMRS, NESA, whatever, disappear overnight.  I will gladly accept the week or two of the wailing and gnashing of teeth to make that go away.

Do those who would follow your proposal so passionately here understand that.  Many who so fiercely support following the regulations are usually the first to make uniform suggestions, recommendations and lobby for all sorts of things.  I just want it made clear that if people follow your concept it means the end of all such "regionalism."

That the door will be closed to everything...beloved or not.  That saying and doing are two different things.

Then what is kept?  Suppose we start a movement for the unification of one uniform for all and, the process begins to accept the personal preferences of a few.  I am sure some Wisconsin folks will make the Blue Beret system-wide, I'm sure Pennsylvania will heavily lobby for Hawk Orange.  Suppose a series of cords are adopted for academic recognition and more is added instead of less.

Let's be certain, the potential for all sorts of things are possible when "CAP fantasy" meets "CAP reality."

I'll be willing to bet, if I were a gambling man, that that might be the reason nothing has been done.

Again, I should point out that in the "democratic CAP" many lobby for here issues such as this would be amplified and create a grid lock where people would be divided.  Could you imagine the bedlam that would take place from Wing Commanders trying to garner votes by resisting the removal of Wing Specific items.  Or the falling of a Wing Commander that would call for such a removal.  I know I keep bringing that up, but we need to start applying cross curricular points to our visions for the future of CAP.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on February 11, 2011, 03:35:52 PM"Regulations" need to much authority to change and approve, our uniform directions should probably not be an "R", they should probably be a "M", "P", or "I".

CAPR 39-1 should be one or two pages that outlines then when and who of wear requirements, and perhaps the designators for each class of member, with a reference to "wear in compliance with most recent version of CAPI 39-1"

The governing publication for CAP uniforms has been CAPM 39-1 for as long as I've been in CAP. The olde CAPR 39-1 was something dealing with a totally non-uniform topic.

Why break this up into more than one publication? We need more simplicity, not complexity.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

SarDragon

Quote from: Eclipse on February 11, 2011, 09:25:13 PM"Flexibility" does not require a supplement, only common sense.  For those of you who have not had the pleasure, spend some time reading our finely crafted supplements - the majority of the directives you will find are simply restatements of exisiting regulations, as if adding another "really" to "you will" would make a difference.

And that is one of the biggest problems we have regarding uniforms.

My common sense doesn't match yours, which doesn't match Nin's, which doesn't match LtCol Schmuckatelli's, ad nauseum. Unless there's a stable common ground defined in the reg, there are always going to be conflicting interpretations.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Spaceman3750

Quote from: Eclipse on February 11, 2011, 09:25:13 PM
Quote from: DKruse on February 11, 2011, 06:58:19 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on February 11, 2011, 04:38:59 PM

No custom uniforms, period.

No wing supplements, period. (anything justified for safety becomes a 60-1 supplement only approved for wear when performing that task
and not allowed in mission base).

Done.

Unless CAP is going to start issuing cadets (and possibly seniors) ECWCS items, some flexibility is needed to keep warm in some of the colder wings.  I'm sorry, but with the weather we've had here lately in Minnesota, a field jacket with liner is not enough to keep warm.  Actually, I've had some members tell me that it's sometimes hard to stay warm with ECWCS items.

"Flexibility" does not require a supplement, only common sense.  For those of you who have not had the pleasure, spend some time reading our finely crafted supplements - the majority of the directives you will find are simply restatements of exisiting regulations, as if adding another "really" to "you will" would make a difference.

To Sparky, I know exactly what it means - 1 uniform, 1 CAP.  And all the nonsesne arguments and discussions we have to deal with after encampments, HMRS, NESA, whatever, disappear overnight.  I will gladly accept the week or two of the wailing and gnashing of teeth to make that go away.

NESA doesn't give you or promote anything that's not IAW 39-1. Just a specialty badge, ballcap, and good training.