Mess Dress Mini-Medals

Started by DBlair, October 24, 2010, 02:45:10 PM

DBlair

Does anyone know if there is a plan to offer mini-medals for every CAP ribbon we have available? If so, what is the time line and which ones are coming next? It seems quite a few are left out.

...or are we stuck with only some mini-medals being available?

Any thoughts?
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

MIKE

If anything, I think CAP should not have mini-medals for every award.  Decorations, with the exception of unit awards which should be ribbon only... Definitely.  Others would be better served as ribbon only awards.  You need a mini medal for encampment?

The CGAUX has the same problem.  As an example: The CGCLOC is a ribbon only award.  The ACLOC has a mini medal as do most of the Auxiliary specific ribbons.

Mike Johnston

Hawk200

Quote from: MIKE on October 24, 2010, 03:55:56 PMIf anything, I think CAP should not have mini-medals for every award.  Decorations, with the exception of unit awards which should be ribbon only... Definitely.
Second.

Quote from: MIKE on October 24, 2010, 03:55:56 PMOthers would be better served as ribbon only awards.  You need a mini medal for encampment?
Definitely, second.

Of course, I also think awards should be given more regulary. Not much point in having them if they're not awarded. Started writing up a Senior at the local unit for her service in Cadet Programs after she stepped down (college obligations, not lack of competence).  She did an excellent job for two years, she chould get something for it.