Main Menu

CAP Decorations

Started by lordmonar, September 02, 2010, 08:03:26 PM

BradM

Quote from: caphistorian on September 19, 2010, 11:24:44 PM
Quote from: BradM on September 19, 2010, 02:50:43 AM
Or if that is out of the question, how about a CAP Air Medal that could go before the CAP Bronze Medal of Valor in order of precedence?

The idea of a CAP Air Achievement Medal was proposed several years ago. It was shot down in committee and has not resurfaced again since then. If I remember correctly the AF was not to keen on the idea.

After that the concept of the CAP Distinguished Flying Service Award was also presented and shot down.

The closest thing we have to that now is in the mix for the Uniform Committee to consider. It is the Air Patrol Award. It has wider criteria and would actually be applicable to more people.

Even if it were approved I sincerely doubt it would be approved to go before either of the MOV's. That has been in place since the late 50's and the committee would likely put it in a different place.

After reading what you wrote, I think I mis-wrote on where I suggested the CAP Air medal would be in the order of precedence. I didnt mean before as in a higher precedence to the MOV medals but right after them between the Bronze MOV and the Distinguished Service award. Though an alternate place would be higher than the Commander's Commendation between the Meritorius Service and the Commander's Commendation.
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

lordmonar

My thinking about this ....is that we are focusing only on current programs.  Of course all the old ribbons (that do not get specifically transistioned i.e. replaced by a new ribbon) will still be authorised for wear.

As for CAP members getting USAF or USAF civilian awards....that would be for a different thread.

Lets focus only on CAP awards for the purpose of this thread.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

arajca

Tweaked a little more. Added transition information.

[attachment deleted by admin]