Main Menu

Uniform Options

Started by KioGoten, May 23, 2010, 09:48:52 PM

KioGoten

Alright guys, I know there have been topics about this before probably tons of times but what is your opinion?

Do you guys think for future uniforms CAP should adopt the ABU? The ACU? Or CAP should adopt a digital uniform unique only to CAP?  If so what color and similar to what?

Now of course the ABU is the current uniform for the air force, but would the ACU be more feasible? Or should CAP just venture out and design a unique uniform for themselves?

This is a topic to pick people's brains so dont get all excited and say "Some people have asked this before" lol
Capt Nelson Guadalupe, CAP
SWR-TX-313 Abilene Squadron
2LT Texas Guard
Midland Medical Division

Flying Pig

Not getting excited, but seriously, this gets beat up probably every 3 months with 10-15 pages of responses with the same answers and positions every time.  People have even designed their own uniforms, produced them, and even posted photos.

Eclipse

Quote from: KioGoten on May 23, 2010, 09:48:52 PM
This is a topic to pick people's brains so dont get all excited and say "Some people have asked this before" lol

Some people have asked this before...and no one is excited...

"That Others May Zoom"

KioGoten

Ok then, take the post down ^_^ just curious
2LT Texas Guard
Midland Medical Division

JC004

I don't see why we must keep bringing this up.  The solution is very simple.  We adopt the FIRST, rejected ABU pattern with kilts and we will be completely distinctive from everyone.   >:D

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h300/Kimballsek/forum1006.jpg

KioGoten

HAHAHA That is hilarious! I love it ^_^
2LT Texas Guard
Midland Medical Division

Gung Ho

I've asked before and not got an answer. Why does CAP need any style camo uniform? Who do we need to hide from? If we just need a utility uniform whats wrong with the blues? Not really wanting to get an fight going just wondering why camo

a2capt

The only thing CAP needs is a uniform option that is readily available and economically available.

Seeing as how a military uniform for a military related organization makes a lot of sense, and that also fulfills the other two points I mentioned...

BBDU's are not as cheap, or they can be, depending on what you buy, but if you think the myriad of gray shades are bad, now- just wait for all those brands and mixes of BBDU's to be laundered. At least with the woodland style the differences are not nearly as obvious, due to the uniform being sourced from mostly "to spec" production.

For those who complain about Vanguard, pricing, and sole sourcing, if we adapted a "uniform" of some other make up, it most certainly would be from another provider - and if it wasn't a specific set of specifications, the results would be the same as the non-sunset dated Corporate Uniforms we have now. While most aviator shirts look the same, there are differences in pocket flaps and such. Anyone that makes something for us, is going to probably demand to be the sole provider. So...

JC004

KioGoten

2LT Texas Guard
Midland Medical Division

MIKE

Be ahead of the game, skip the ABU and go directly to MULTICAM®:  >:D

Mike Johnston

RADIOMAN015

I think the simplest utility type uniform we ALL could go to would be a jump suit/coverall type uniform.  Color is problematic, but I'm going more towards a dark/medium red type uniform (mandatory PMS# color code would be placed in the regulation) with the current blue name tags, blue CAP tag, blue rank, and the current other patches.  Also a dark blue baseball type hat (or blue mail man type winter hat) or black/blue watch cap could be used.  Current footware would be authorized to include blousing of boots.

This would offer both a distinct uniform, would contrast well with the blue, and would look pretty cool walking into the 7-11 to get something to and from the squadron meeting or SAREX :angel:
RM

DrJbdm

The simplest measure is simply to wear the ABU once it becomes authorized by the Air Force. Why the expense of some new, totally non military uniforms?

CAP is not it's own service branch, we are a part of the U.S. Air Force and we recieve our marching orders from them.

PHall

Quote from: RADIOMAN015 on May 24, 2010, 02:52:11 AM
I think the simplest utility type uniform we ALL could go to would be a jump suit/coverall type uniform.  Color is problematic, but I'm going more towards a dark/medium red type uniform (mandatory PMS# color code would be placed in the regulation) with the current blue name tags, blue CAP tag, blue rank, and the current other patches.  Also a dark blue baseball type hat (or blue mail man type winter hat) or black/blue watch cap could be used.  Current footware would be authorized to include blousing of boots.

This would offer both a distinct uniform, would contrast well with the blue, and would look pretty cool walking into the 7-11 to get something to and from the squadron meeting or SAREX :angel:
RM
And we would look like we work for an oil company.

Eclipse

The vast majority of members, cadets included, have to buy their uniforms via some retail or semi-retail source (i.e. AAFES, MCSS, etc).

Assuming retiring the BDU is a forgone conclusion, whatever we go to will require all those same people to spend money, the cut and color is just a side conversation.

Moving to the Blue Field Uniform for all negates that expense for at least those who already own the uniforms, and negates the myriad non-issue "issues" constantly raised by wearing a military-style combat uniform in a current style.

The pretend concern seems to be that in an Armageddon scenario members of the military might not be able to distinguish us from
active troops...um...ok...I guess.  So make our operational uniforms different than our parent service and keep the formal uniforms.

As rare as some random CAP Major trying to assume control of an Army unit or USAF aircraft would be, and those troops or aircrew not being smart enough to say "no" (never happened, never will).  The chances of it happening in some ceremony wearing service dress are exactly 100 times less then the former.

So keep the service dress ad move to the BBDU's and Blue flight suits.

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

MIKE, you took my freaking idea.  Right down to the fact that they'd be following us.

Quote from: KioGoten on May 24, 2010, 02:10:08 AM
Quote from: JC004 on May 24, 2010, 02:04:46 AM
Quote from: Gung Ho on May 24, 2010, 12:03:28 AM
Who do we need to hide from?

NHQ.

LMAO

JC004 is my hero  ;D

"COLONEL!  WHY WAS THE NEW USELESS SAFETY REQUIREMENT NOT IMPLEMENTED?!"
"I can't find the members, sir...They're...invisible or something!"

manfredvonrichthofen

I would have to say t part I agree with Eclipse, he has it pretty well spot on. There is really nothing going to happen that is a catastrophe from our current uniform. The only problem is that alot more members own the BDU than the BBDU.

DrJbdm

Eclipse is a smart man, I can normally agree in principal to some of his well thought out conclusions. The part I differ with is why move air crew members to the blue flight suit? Isn't the Air Force flight suit a cheaper item to obtain and made to milspec  standards?

Mustang

Quote from: DrJbdm on May 24, 2010, 09:19:48 AM
...why move air crew members to the blue flight suit? Isn't the Air Force flight suit a cheaper item to obtain and made to milspec  standards?
Because a growing number of our aircrew members cannot wear the Air Force one.

Having all members of the same team in the same uniform is more important than permitting some to save a few bucks at the expense of uniformity.

And mil-spec flight suits in blue Nomex are available from Aureus International, Flightsuits.com and others.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Eclipse

Quote from: DrJbdm on May 24, 2010, 09:19:48 AM
Eclipse is a smart man, I can normally agree in principal to some of his well thought out conclusions. The part I differ with is why move air crew members to the blue flight suit? Isn't the Air Force flight suit a cheaper item to obtain and made to milspec  standards?

Thanks - in this case the argument was only in the context of the "confusion" nonsense in regards to military troops vs. auxiliary.  If
confusion is a risk for a field uniform, then its more of a risk for the flight suit since that's actually much closer in appearance today than
the BDU's are.

"That Others May Zoom"