Aerospace Education Officer
NJ-102 Plainfield Red Falcons
Eaker #2089
2009 NJWG / NER Dragon Drill Team

Short Field

SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Dragon 3-2

hey i worked hard for my wings, and personal feelings aside they are authorized and I'm going to wear them, had I not been weathered out of my solo this wouldn't be a problem

Captain  Steven Smith
Eaker #2089

a2capt

Hey, you earned it, stitch 'em on!

...but did you work as hard to find the right Lt's bars? ;-)

... I see metal. ;)

Dragon 3-2

check the first pick,

the metal was on for about two weeks when i was in membership limbo going form being listed as a C/Lt.Col a week after is 21, to being a senior member without grade, to finally being a 1st LT

Captain  Steven Smith
Eaker #2089

lordmonar

You could not get the right stuff before you turned 21?....vanguard sells 1s Lt bars.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: Dragon 3-2 on April 19, 2010, 04:57:01 AM
check the first pick,

the metal was on for about two weeks when i was in membership limbo going form being listed as a C/Lt.Col a week after is 21, to being a senior member without grade, to finally being a 1st LT

During that period you were not in "limbo", you were a SMWOG, and there was no requirement whatsoever that you be promoted.  Were I your CC and saw the postings you made here and elsewhere showing yourself as a 1st Lt. before the transition was complete and paperwork processed, the delay would have been longer.

Of course you didn't actually ever wear those metal bars, you just put them on to "see what they looked like"...

"That Others May Zoom"

Pumbaa

You ironed the buttons!  Makes the BDU look bad...

tsrup

Paramedic
hang-around.

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Dragon 3-2

Quote from: lordmonar on April 19, 2010, 01:17:30 PM
You could not get the right stuff before you turned 21?....vanguard sells 1s Lt bars.

between 300 bucks to fix my car, and not being paid for two weeks because of CAP related days off, and a bunch of other things going on in my non-cap life... the $198 plus SH it cost me to shift all of my uniforms over to senior side couldn't be shelled out in time.

as for the metal they were used for my promotion ceremony a week after my birthday ( meetings on Tuesdays, bday was on a Friday) and for a drill team practice the Saturday after my birthday, while I turned my other two blouses over to the seamstress to be updated. I full expected my paperwork to be signed off in time and not to have to go into the SMWOG pool ( dealing with NHQ over my C/Capt and C/LtC promotions should have warned me otherwise ) anyway it wasnt until I got home from my promotional meeting that I saw the mistake on eServices, for the duration of the Drill team practice I was still a C/LTC on eServices ( and no I did not want to run the risk of a CPPT issue be wearing my diamonds down there) any way I simply switched to wearing my AF ROTC uniform until my promotion went thru ( not cutting those freshly sewn on bars after spending money to get them done).

for the month between my 21st Bday and my promotion to 1st LT and with the exception of the DT practice, I pretty much just did my normal  squadron meetings, rather then my usual visitation tour to other units during the week.

Captain  Steven Smith
Eaker #2089

Pylon

Eclipse

So you actually wore that out in public and you're trying to justify it by saying you couldn't afford $ 3.00 worth of insignia and $ .25 worth of thread?

We don't wear metal grade on USAF-style uniforms, PERIOD.

Senior members in CAP do not wear the uniform of another service as a substitute either.

You want to know why we have so many challenges with our uniforms in CAP?  Because there's always somebody who thinks they have a
double-special exception problem and its OK to break the rules.

Yeah, I know - topic...

"That Others May Zoom"

Ozzy

Going back on topic, I really am quite sad to see theHock unable to sell CAP specific items. Although I rarely did order from them, I did order my first set of BDUs in that package they had that sold everything a new cadet needed, something that Vanguard never did. I also saw right before the CD letter, that theHock was offering a sewing service to those that never learned how to sew themselves, even when they've been in CAP for many years.

[Off-topic (PM response)] Dragon, what did you spend $198 + Shipping on to convert to senior?
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Dragon 3-2

Quote from: Eclipse on April 20, 2010, 03:56:48 AM
So you actually wore that out in public and you're trying to justify it by saying you couldn't afford $ 3.00 worth of insignia and $ .25 worth of thread?

We don't wear metal grade on USAF-style uniforms, PERIOD.

Senior members in CAP do not wear the uniform of another service as a substitute either.

You want to know why we have so many challenges with our uniforms in CAP?  Because there's always somebody who thinks they have a
double-special exception problem and its OK to break the rules.

Yeah, I know - topic...

It was a temporary fix, the only place I wore it was the hangar the drill team practices in and the trip to and from the hangar, no stops until I got home and changed, then again after I was promoted and switched my metal diamonds for the bars, after that from January 20th -February 18th, I did not wear any CAP uniforms, instead i wore my AF ROTC BDU's which I retired in favor of ABU's at the start of the semester. Do I think I'm special...no....did I break a rule... yes....was there anything I could do about it...no. and before you get into the cost, please not i make at most a hundred bucks a week, working only on weekends, and since i choose to sacrifice two of those weekends to CAP... i didn't have any cash to fork over to Vanguard or the local cleaners
you ask anyone that knows me, and they will assure you when I am up for promotion...my uniform is ready with the appropriate insignia usually before Ive finished taking the test required, since I have at least two sets of Blues, and Flight suit or three sets BDU's ready to where at any time.

in any case, all of my uniforms except for my flight suits are 39-1, the Hock being out of plastic rank was my only hang up on that, haven't touched them since...are the metal ranks pinned on them in place of the plastic...you bet; as i said before... not wearing them so its a non-issue

Captain  Steven Smith
Eaker #2089

Pylon

Apparently a word to the wise isn't sufficient.  Lock.  ::)