What Wing Commander had the shortest tour/term?

Started by Private Investigator, February 23, 2014, 06:38:39 PM

Private Investigator

Not to highjack another thread. I was wondering how many Wing Commanders do not last six months?  ???

a2capt

Muniz, the Pineda Puppet Fake CC installed in CAWG.. 5 months, 17.5 days.

Moral was so bad, they had to cancel a Wing Conference because hardly anyone signed up.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 - September 11, 2007

Cindi

Quote from: a2capt on February 23, 2014, 07:22:17 PM

Moral was so bad, they had to cancel a Wing Conference because hardly anyone signed up.

I believe there is a Colonel Jesus Muniz who is or was not to recently the Rocky Mountain Region Vice Commander. Is this the same Jesus Muniz who was once commander of the California Wing? I think we should praise Colonel Muniz for his service, no matter how one assignment might of turned out. He is a volunteer after all. Commanding a wing as large as California has to be a very tough assignment. Thank you for your service Colonel Muniz!  :clap:

Speaking of 2007, those were the days! I think Amy still has this picture hanging above her fireplace:  ;D

ZigZag911

A few years back IN WG officer (I think CS) was appointed wing commander and almost immediately removed, within less than a week...some sort of struggle for control within the wing and at  region/National levels.

Seemed kind of unfair to me at the time, the guy had some innovative ideas...besides, that's a lousy way to treat someone.

MSG Mac

NHWG had two commanders who were not only replaced within a week, the records of the Command were erased at National. One lived in Kittery Maine (the North side of Portsmouth Harbor), the other in Tyngsboro, MA, a stones throw from the NH state line. The assumption was that the State wouldn't support some one who live outside NH, despite their having been members of the Wing for years. ERGO no state appropriations.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

SarDragon

We had a conference that year. That's the same year Ed Lewis and Dion DeCamp died.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

a2capt

Yes, we did have a conference that year. But it was not the one that was originally scheduled, that they were begging people to sign up for. That was supposed to be at March ARB, on the weekend of 28-30 March. They cancelled it the week after Muniz was canned, with about 3 weeks remaining, having only less than 30 people sign up for it by that close in. Mostly staff that committed. When you've got to resort to trying to lure people by saying there will be a dunk tank..  you know you're sunk. Morale was -really- in the toilet. The national membership numbers for the next couple years showed it well. The conference was rescheduled and held in November, in Ontario.

Remember, Pineda was a volunteer, too. We all know how well that turned out. No thanks. Shenanigans on other members trump recognition.

SarDragon

Quote from: Cindi on February 23, 2014, 07:49:10 PM

I believe there is a Colonel Jesus Muniz who is or was not to recently the Rocky Mountain Region Vice Commander. Is this the same Jesus Muniz who was once commander of the California Wing? I think we should praise Colonel Muniz for his service, no matter how one assignment might of turned out. He is a volunteer after all. Commanding a wing as large as California has to be a very tough assignment. Thank you for your service Colonel Muniz!  :clap:

Speaking of 2007, those were the days!

[pic redacted]

I don't think this the same guy. I don't recall exactly what he looked like, so can't say yea or nay, based on the pic. IIRC, "Muniz, the Pineda Puppet Fake CC installed in CAWG" didn't keep his eagles, and exited CAP some time later. There is only Muniz in eServices, attached to PRWG.

I had personal dealings with him prior to his time as CAWG CC, and let's just say that I was disappointed at his appointment.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Cindi

I don't think this the same guy. I don't recall exactly what he looked like, so can't say yea or nay, based on the pic. IIRC, "Muniz, the Pineda Puppet Fake CC installed in CAWG" didn't keep his eagles, and exited CAP some time later. There is only Muniz in eServices, attached to PRWG.

I had personal dealings with him prior to his time as CAWG CC, and let's just say that I was disappointed at his appointment.

Here is General Vazquez, Colonel Jesus Muniz (holding the certificate) and General Carr at the 2012 Commanders Course Graduation:

Is this the same Colonel Jesus Muniz from California Wing? If not, in fairness, everyone should know there are two Colonel Jesus Munizes out there.

bosshawk

If my old brain still remembers, the Col who commanded CAWG briefly was named Munoz and he retired soon after getting canned.  I was the CD Director at the time and he and I had a number of things in common in that regard, so I heard from him a time or two after he lost his eagles.

When all is said and done, what difference does it make?  That was seven years ago.  A couple of you guys from CAWG didn't have the close dealings with a  follow-on Wing King that I had and you can be glad for that.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

NIN

Quote from: SarDragon on February 24, 2014, 01:38:20 AM

IIRC, the guy appointed to be the CA Wing commander was from Colorado, so that might track, sorta.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

Search is your friend: http://captalk.net/index.php?topic=1795.msg28698#msg28698

Quote from: bosshawk
"Folks: Gen Pineda has struck again: this time, the California Wing Commander, Col Virginia Nelson, has been relieved of command.  Stated reason: disagreement with CAP auditors over the location of some "restricted" funds.  No funds missing, according to the email received yesterday from CAWG CC.

With all of the conversation on this thread about the good General and his firings, thought that some of you might be interested.

LtCol Jesse Munoz(or Muniz), currently of CO Wg, named as interim commander.  He is apparently a former CAWG member.

Stand by to stand by."

March 25, 2007

Edit: WOW - that thread!  My eyes!  The goggles do nothing!

"That Others May Zoom"

Cindi

Quote from: NIN on February 24, 2014, 02:05:57 AM
Quote from: SarDragon on February 24, 2014, 01:38:20 AM

IIRC, the guy appointed to be the CA Wing commander was from Colorado, so that might track, sorta.

Well they are both named Jesus Muniz. Maybe they are related. If we are lucky, an Anthony Pineda will apply for the National Commander's job.  ;D

Virginia - If Tony Pineda is on the line, don't take the call:

"To all members of California Wing,

Major General Tony Pineda called and relieved me of command effective today. The recent audit of CAWG finances showed that while there is no money missing from CAWG, there is disagreement on the amount of restricted funds in CAWG's books. A number of you have been working to help clarify the situation and I owe you thanks for all your time and effort. MGen Pineda feels appointing a new wing commander would be beneficial in rectifying this situation. He has appointed LtCol Jesus Muniz as the interim commander. LtCol Muniz was recently a member of Sq 144 and is currently serving as the Colorado Wing Director of Aerospace Education. He can be reached at [email redacted]

I would like to thank all the members of CAWG for their hard work and dedication to our missions, to our squadrons, and to CAWG. I treasure the time I have spent with each of you. Let's all work together to continue to make CAWG the best in CAP.

Virginia Nelson"

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

a2capt

The PRWG photo is the same individual. 5 months, 17 days. Less than half of the year probation period. Pineda was removed month later. PR is four time zones from CA.

Cindi

Quote from: a2capt on February 24, 2014, 02:19:16 AM
The PRWG photo is the same individual. 5 months, 17 days. Less than half of the year probation period. Pineda was removed month later. PR is four time zones from CA.

So there is only one Colonel (LtCol) Jesus Muniz. Glad we cleared that up. Seems he has made some new friends. I wish him the best and thank him for his service!

PHall

And Virginia finally got her Eagles back and she is now the PACR/CV.

Cindi

Quote from: PHall on February 24, 2014, 02:39:19 AM
And Virginia finally got her Eagles back and she is now the PACR/CV.

All's well that ends well!

SarDragon

Quote from: Cindi on February 24, 2014, 02:32:30 AM
Quote from: a2capt on February 24, 2014, 02:19:16 AM

So there is only one Colonel (LtCol) Jesus Muniz. Glad we cleared that up. Seems he has made some new friends. I wish him the best and thank him for his service!

IMHO, the only member he ultimately served was himself. YMMV.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

a2capt

Quote from: SarDragon on February 24, 2014, 03:08:11 AMIMHO, the only member he ultimately served was himself. YMMV.
... and someone gave him (back) the bird ... Amazing. The whole era was majorly disappointing, and itself should not be forgotten, lest we go there again.