Interesting...An Auxiliary to CAP?

Started by Papabird, February 11, 2014, 04:25:28 PM

Private Investigator

Quote from: Cindi on February 28, 2014, 07:32:25 AM
Quote from: EMT-83 on February 28, 2014, 03:18:50 AM
After being appointed Emergency Manager Director, I spent some time digging through old boxes in the attic of town hall. One of the more interesting finds was the McCarthy-era loyalty oaths signed by the Civil Defense volunteers.

McCarthy-era poster:

Correctamundo, Hitler was a failed artist.  8)

LSThiker

Not to revive old threads, but I figured I would just post this here instead of creating a new one.  I have been reading newspaper articles from back in the 1970s.  I have read a few that state CAP Women's Auxiliary.  Usually they report that group served lunch or helped in cooking.  However, I have read a few other articles usually between these women's auxiliary articles that boldly state "both men and women are welcome.  There are no women only units".

Any one know anything about this?

SarDragon

CAP Women's Auxiliary   ??? ??? ???

Never heard of it. Never saw mention in any of the various CAR rags through the years.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

LSThiker

Quote from: SarDragon on April 07, 2014, 03:33:52 AM
CAP Women's Auxiliary   ??? ??? ???

Never heard of it. Never saw mention in any of the various CAR rags through the years.

I did not think so.  I had never seen anything about it prior.  It is probably a wife's club or something similar.  I will see what else pops up in the newspapers about it.  Thanks.

The CyBorg is destroyed

I have never heard of it...but I did like the link to the chart explaining what the various CD specialities were for.

Pretend I'm as stupid as I sometimes feel (which shouldn't be too hard  :P).  The chart showed quasi-"ranks."  Did CD members of the era wear uniforms (and, no, I'm not trying to turn this into a uniform thread)?

I know the British Civil Defence/Air Raid Wardens wore a uniform similar to RAAF dark-blue battledress:

Exiled from GLR-MI-011