Old style Service coat clarification.

Started by Picy3, May 16, 2019, 11:20:35 PM

Picy3

Greetings,

For an NCSA I am going to I need to have a Service Coat. Right now the only one I have been able to get (From a friend who got it from our home squadron. I cannot buy a new one as they are too much and my squadron has none in the supply) was one of the old style ones.

Now I am looking for clarity on what exactly can and cannot be worn for it. I have seen cadets wearing it the same as would they the new style (Or pretty much identicle, I cant say I know if there was any differences). I have also seen many pictures online or from other cadets of it being worn just the same as the new style, but I have been told by a senior member that it's only worn with a white shirt and not the normal blues shirt now.

I would assume the latter that its worn the same way (Or basicaly the same) is true but I am just looking for clarification.
In all I want to make sure its fine to wear the old style uniform with my blues shirt under, the same way the Service Dress Unifrom would be worn or if that is not ok. (also anything that may be different on it) If I can have a picture to go by (assuming its fine) that would be great as I have not found any ones showing it.

*Edit* I am pretty sure its the same as I've been told a by bunch of other cadets I asked, but again I am just making sure.

Thank you,
Cadet Second Lieutenant who finally passed his Mitchell.

Rocketry badge, GTM3 badge, Solo Wings at a National Flight Academy, Encampment Cadre and two+ years of CAP in all its greatness.
DFAC - 2019 WRIII
Logistics - 2019 CFXXIV
Alpha Flight Commander - 2019 ACIV

abdsp51

Have you checked CAPR39-1?  It will explain everything you need to know.

Capmonkey

Picy3

Quote from: abdsp51 on May 16, 2019, 11:43:07 PM

Yes I have searched throughout it but still didn't completely clarify for me.

Quote from: Capmonkey on May 16, 2019, 11:48:06 PM
CAPM 39-1, Paragraph 4.1.5.4

I belive from this you are saying yes its the same? Don't see anything to the contrary.

Rocketry badge, GTM3 badge, Solo Wings at a National Flight Academy, Encampment Cadre and two+ years of CAP in all its greatness.
DFAC - 2019 WRIII
Logistics - 2019 CFXXIV

Capmonkey

Quote from: Picy3 on May 17, 2019, 12:07:09 AM
Quote from: abdsp51 on May 16, 2019, 11:43:07 PM

Yes I have searched throughout it but still didn't completely clarify for me.

Quote from: Capmonkey on May 16, 2019, 11:48:06 PM
CAPM 39-1, Paragraph 4.1.5.4

I belive from this you are saying yes its the same? Don't see anything to the contrary.

Read the paragraphs and you'll find out... you should know this if you're a Chief...

Eclipse

You wear it the same as the new style, blue shirt, badges, ribbons, etc.

No difference.

"That Others May Zoom"

Picy3

Quote from: Capmonkey on May 17, 2019, 12:40:57 AM

Read the paragraphs and you'll find out... you should know this if you're a Chief...

Yes, I am a Chief and as such am striving to make sure that my uniform will be correct at all times as it is my first time putting together a Service Coat. I have read the paragraphs both before and after you said to read them. (Just sometimes the regs can be misunderstood, especially by an individual like me) I was hoping for my question that I'd get a simple yes or no if there was anything different between the old and new besides looks.

Quote from: Eclipse on May 17, 2019, 01:16:02 AM
You wear it the same as the new style, blue shirt, badges, ribbons, etc.

No difference.

Thank you. This is exactly the answer I was looking for.

DFAC - 2019 WRIII
Logistics - 2019 CFXXIV