First Ever Post--Question on Earhart Exam

Started by rmcolvin, December 02, 2019, 05:34:11 PM

rmcolvin

I plan on preparing for the Earhart Aerospace exam during my Christmas break and I have a question.   Per the requirements (copied and pasted) listed below, the exam is on all modules.  However, I have only completed 3 three-chapter block aerospace exams from The Journey of Flight.  There are a total of 18 chapters covered in The Journey of Flight from achievements 9-16.  I am not sure how to best study for a comprehensive exam where not all the material has been assigned.  I have completed chapters: 1,7,8, 5, 24, 25, 6, 26 and 27.  The exams for achievement 9, 10 and 11 require any three chapters blocks in any order for the aerospace exams.  Is there any clarification from cadets who have completed the Earhart Aerospace Exam within the last five years?  Thank you for your time.

3.   Aerospace:   
Pass a comprehensive exam on Aerospace Dimensions, all modules, with a grade of 80% or higher, closed-book, within a 1-hour time limit. Because it is closed-book, the Earhart Award exam is administered in the squadron. Talk with local leaders to schedule your exam.
RMC
Eagle Scout-Tr 171
Billy Mitchell-2019

BraveRifles19D

Definitely study the space stuff. That seems to be a stumbling block for a lot of cadets.

ßτε

The exam is on the six module Aerospace Dimensions, the same text as used in Phases 1 and 2.

rmcolvin

In order to clarify, the individual aerospace modules that I studied for Billy Mitchell and not the new chapters in The Journey of Flight? 
The first two phases aerospace were based upon Aerospace Dimensions; now the aerospace exams are assigned out of The Journey of Flight.  There is some overlap of information but there is also new information and there are six chapters in the book that I have not read, as not assigned at my current level of achievement.
Thank you
RMC
Eagle Scout-Tr 171
Billy Mitchell-2019

GaryVC

Quote from: ßτε on December 02, 2019, 06:17:54 PM
The exam is on the six module Aerospace Dimensions, the same text as used in Phases 1 and 2.
This is the answer to your question.

rmcolvin

Thank you.  Life is tightly scheduled and I want to study most effectively with the little free time available during Christmas break.  I attend a military boarding academy and am on CoC so study time is a very limited commodity. 
RMC
Eagle Scout-Tr 171
Billy Mitchell-2019

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: rmcolvin on December 02, 2019, 07:37:55 PM
Thank you.  Life is tightly scheduled and I want to study most effectively with the little free time available during Christmas break.  I attend a boarding military academy and am on CoC for Charlie company so study time is a very limited commodity.

Welcome to life. If you commit to something, you'll need to find a way to make time for it. That may mean sacrificing your free time for fun sometimes.

To answer your request for clarification:
Yes, you're studying what you learned "way back" as a cadet airman and NCO, not what you recently studied as a cadet officer.
*Refer to the Cadet Super Chart

rmcolvin

RMC
Eagle Scout-Tr 171
Billy Mitchell-2019