Main Menu

funny safety hazard stuff

Started by mrcadet, April 30, 2012, 04:05:22 PM

mrcadet

At my encampment we couldn't do facing movements or salute officers on gravel because we may trip and fall and or twist our ankles

We could not walk through 1 ½ foot gently sloping ditches because we may hurt ourselves (to fix it they put about 3 inches of white sand in the bottom and called it a land bridge)

We had to carry our canteens to the SHOWER and if we didn't have them we would get a 341

We had to have flash lights with us after dark (even thought there were street light like thing all over)

We couldn't run ANYWHERE even when you were getting yelled at and there saying GET OVER HERE FASTER!! GO LETS MOVE then they would say NO STOP DON'T RUN! THAT'S A SAFETY HAZARD!

Ps I'm not trying to be disrespectful with this post I just think that this stuff is funny (and kinda ridiculous) and I understand that safety is important
If you have any funny safety hazard and or hazing stories please post on here!   

Extremepredjudice

Those are all legitament safety precautions.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

tsrup

Those were all of a result of some stack of CAPF 78s that a poor encampment staff member had to fill out each year.

They seem stupid, but cadets are extremely creative at finding out ways to get hurt.

Paramedic
hang-around.

bflynn

wow....

Does leadership realize who quickly things like this will drive people away?

Major Lord

It has been said, that in the 6th century BC, the great philosopher Lao Tzu, walked into the desert to die alone, sick at heart of the ways of men. I am beginning to suspect that he may have been in Cadet Programs.....

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

commando1

Quote from: Major Lord on May 01, 2012, 01:28:22 PM
It has been said, that in the 6th century BC, the great philosopher Lao Tzu, walked into the desert to die alone, sick at heart of the ways of men. I am beginning to suspect that he may have been in Cadet Programs.....

Major Lord
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Non Timebo Mala

Spaceman3750

Major Lord

Nope, he was in air ops >:D

Sgt. Fischer

LOL! At My Encampment, there was a huge drill field, but, it was filled with holes! So, we had tons of people twisting their ankles!  :P

Stay Alert!
Stay Alive!
CAP Safety!

Huey Driver

If anybody has been to Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst (Home to NJWG Basic Encampment), they should know that there's a special breed of "mutant-steroid" gophers that are out to twist all of our cadet's ankles. That is, if they don't fall into the hole completely. ::)
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

Struts

Major Lord

:clap: ;D ;D

commando1

Quote from: commando1 on May 01, 2012, 04:18:39 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Quote from: Cashboy on May 08, 2012, 08:27:53 PM

Really?
Non Timebo Mala

Struts

Quote from: commando1 on May 09, 2012, 06:03:28 PM
Quote from: commando1 on May 01, 2012, 04:18:39 PM

Quote from: Cashboy on May 08, 2012, 08:27:53 PM

Really?
Really.  :D