Main Menu

It's finally here!

Started by Storm Chaser, December 31, 2013, 06:25:47 PM

Grumpy

Quote from: Eclipse on December 31, 2013, 10:00:33 PM
Unit and Group CC badges still contain the incorrect MAJCOM and the HAP Arnold wings
which are no longer approved for CAP use.

Hopefully the aircrew wings are a "work in progress" "AC" in the center is kind of a Navy thing.

I think it's a great idea.  Those photographers have to work just as hard as the observers to qualify for flight crew.  Too bad the scanners can't get wings or maybe just have the AC wings apply to them as well.

arajca

On an aside, it's interesting that they put an online comment submission application in the eServices announcement. I guess that means when someone points out a misspelled word or gramatical error, it doesn't need to go through the chain of command.

Eclipse

Presumably anyone not an MO or MP would wear these, which I also support, a lot
of missions thee days are focused on the back seat crew.

I'm just hoping that the wings get better before they are done.  The CGAux a/c wings are nice.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

This is what we should have for the graphics, not photos.

Simple to fix and update, no personalities, very clear and easy to use:

Chuck Corway (Alphasigu) had the idea with help from others locally.
They are exactly what this manual needs.

"That Others May Zoom"

JoeTomasone

Quote from: Panache on December 31, 2013, 07:27:13 PM
Blue BDU - Black undershirt now required.

One section permits brown for the woodland BDU (5.1.2.1), but permits only black in two others (5.1.2.4, 6.4.6.1.2.1).

ranviper

I like the black fleece idea. Similar to the sage green fleece I had in the Army with velcro name tapes and rank, except in black. Nice. Vanguard needs to get the dark blue name tapes for the BBDU's and perhaps with velcro for the fleeces as soon as this thing goes live, I wanna order them right away. haha.

NIN

Quote from: CAPAPRN on December 31, 2013, 09:30:54 PMWhy would anyone be wearing a Blue Beret who hasn't gone to blue beret???

Blue Beret doesn't have a lock on the hat. ....
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Eclipse on December 31, 2013, 09:32:58 PM
You can call the blazer anything you like, but it's not a "service uniform".

No, it is not, and we are still not given anything to wear with the G/W kit for cold weather (pullover jumper)...or a hat other than the goofy baseball cap which is more appropriate for polos than a "dressy" uniform.

Still, much of what I predicted - no deviation from the status quo - is in place.  I had hoped I would be wrong.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

JoeTomasone

We also finally do not have to hunt down blue belts with open black buckles for the BDUs anymore - or pay Vanguard's high price for them; we can use the black Army web or rigger's belt.

5.1.2.6 Belt and Buckle. Dark blue or black, 1 ¼-inch woven cotton web, solid or woven
elastic belt with black metal tip end and plain (open faced) black buckle. Black tip may
extend up to 1 inch beyond the buckle, facing to the wearer's left (men) or facing wearer's
right or left (women). A black, one-piece rigger style, nylon, web belt (1 ¾ inch
wide) may be worn

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: NIN on December 31, 2013, 08:30:43 PM
Quote from: Panache on December 31, 2013, 08:28:35 PM
Thoughts:

Disappointed that you still can't wear the flight cap or military ribbons with the G/Ws.

You shouldn't wear military ribbons on non-military clothing. Simple as that. G/Ws are not a military uniform.  More or less the same goes for the flight cap. You're mixing military and civilian clothing. (seriously)

Cops wear military ribbons all over the country. As do VFW color guards, bikers in leather vests and lotsa others. In fact, a few years ago, a Secretary of Defense actually encouraged the practice of wearing military ribbons/medals on civilian clothes.

One of these days.....CAP will find itself explaining why a MOH holder can't wear the ribbon simply because his shirt is white. And the explanation will sound silly.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

NIN

Doesn't make it right,  Bernie.  We are specifically told that mixing military and civilian is supposed to be verboten. 
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Eclipse

And none of those organizations is beholden to a military service.

"That Others May Zoom"

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: NIN on December 31, 2013, 11:06:24 PM
Doesn't make it right,  Bernie.  We are specifically told that mixing military and civilian is supposed to be verboten.

Then why is the military flight cap allowed with the blue civilian flight suit?

Why is the blue Air Force tie allowed with the civilian G/W kit?

Why is the blue Air Force cardigan sweater allowed with civilian "corporate" kit?
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

NIN

You can wear the flight cap with the blue flight suit? Since when? 

The AF tie,  well it's a blue tie.  ;) if it had Hap Arnold wings on it,  different matter. 

I agree, mixing the sweater and G/W seems to run counter.  Then again,  some components of the uniform are specifically allowed for wear with civilian clothes. Not sure if that is one.  ;)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: NIN on December 31, 2013, 11:18:16 PM

Forever, going back to the light blue nomex (not the smurf).

It's currently approved for the dark blue nomex, haven't checked on the draft.

Edit: checked, no longer approved.

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Too bad you can't wear foreign civilian decorations on any uniform...I'd love to see people try to figure out what this one is:

Eclipse

Quote from: JeffDG on December 31, 2013, 11:22:59 PM
Too bad you can't wear foreign civilian decorations on any uniform...I'd love to see people try to figure out what this one is:

French Crayola Theater?

"That Others May Zoom"

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on December 31, 2013, 11:21:07 PM
Quote from: NIN on December 31, 2013, 11:18:16 PM

Forever, going back to the light blue nomex (not the smurf).

It's currently approved for the dark blue nomex, haven't checked on the draft.
Only headgear approved for the corp flight suit is...the Baseball Cap.

But at least they removed the useless distinction between the blue flightsuit and the utility coveralls...now it's a flight suit in either nomex or poly-cotton.

JeffDG

Quote from: Eclipse on December 31, 2013, 11:24:28 PM
Quote from: JeffDG on December 31, 2013, 11:22:59 PM

French Crayola Theater?
Alberta Centennial Medal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alberta_Centennial_Medal

The CyBorg is destroyed

It is beyond me that a baseball cap is still regarded as being appropriate for a non-work uniform like the G/W kit.

Etymologically speaking, a baseball cap is any cap you can wear while playing baseball.

Also...authorised or not, I remember seeing the flight cap quite frequently with the smurf suit.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011