Here's an Aerospace Education moment for you

Started by flyguy06, February 06, 2007, 10:54:36 PM

flyguy06

sandman

MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol
Major, 163rd ATKW Support, Joint Medical Command

MIKE

I'm still trying to decide if this is appropriate for the AE section.  flyguy06, please do not copy and paste entire articles.  Post a link instead.
Mike Johnston

flyguy06

Roger. Sorry.

It sucks for me too. I am a military junior officer and I had hope my senior officers who are supposed to be settig an example would not behve like this. I mean this woman is one rank below Admiral. And the guy is a full bird Captain as well. Its terible

Chris Jacobs

The link isn't working for me.  What is the name of the story?
C/1st Lt Chris Jacobs
Columbia Comp. Squadron

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: flyguy06 on February 06, 2007, 11:21:59 PM
Roger. Sorry.

It sucks for me too. I am a military junior officer and I had hope my senior officers who are supposed to be settig an example would not behve like this. I mean this woman is one rank below Admiral. And the guy is a full bird Captain as well. Its terible

Florida Today is reporting the male's rank as Commander (O-5).  the other female, the victim, is a USAF Captain (O-3).  She, I don't think, is an astronaut.  She is assigned to the 45th Launch Squadron here at PAFB.
Another former CAP officer

flyguy06

No she is an engineer. The story was basically about a female astronaught that drove rom Houston to Orlando to confront a woman about her boyfriend.

JohnKachenmeister

Define "Confront."  The arrest affidavit says "Kill."

In any case, the boyfriend is allegedly a Commander, not a Captain.  At least according to Florida Today. 

But since I know from long and bitter experience the accuracy rate of any major media outlet, he might end up being anything between Lance Corporal and Vice Admiral.

A.Member

More proof that real life is stranger than fiction. 

You gotta wonder how she passed psyche evals...she's a Navy Captain for crying out loud.  The space program certainly doesn't need any more stories like this.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

SarDragon

Astronauts are people, too. :o

(But astronauts aren't Soylent Green.)  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

flight dispatcher

This is one case where PME didn't work, BADA BOOM : - ) >:D

JohnKachenmeister

Psych evaluations are like your medical certificate.  It guarantees that you were not dead or dying in the doctor's office.  Anybody will pass unless they are currently insane.

Just as a medical certificate does not guarantee that you will not drop over from a heart attack an hour after leaving the office, a psychological exam does not guarantee that something will not push you over the edge the day after you tell the shrink that the ink blot looks like sex.

A.Member

Quote from: SarDragon on February 07, 2007, 06:55:44 AM
Astronauts are people, too. :o
Astronaut?  I'd say Astronut!

Quote from: SarDragon on February 07, 2007, 06:55:44 AM(But astronauts aren't Soylent Green.)  ;)
Hmmm...speaking of Soylent Green, I'm hungry.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

flight dispatcher

Astronaut: Travel 900 miles into outerspace  ;D
Astronut: Travel 900 miles while spaced  ::)

sandman

Quote from: flight dispatcher on February 07, 2007, 04:28:26 PM
Astronaut: Travel 900 miles into outerspace  ;D
Astronut: Travel 900 miles while spaced  ::)

Astronut: Travel 900 miles while spaced  out
MAJ, US Army (Ret)
Major, Civil Air Patrol
Major, 163rd ATKW Support, Joint Medical Command

flyguy06

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on February 07, 2007, 05:29:25 AM

In any case, the boyfriend is allegedly a Commander, not a Captain.  At least according to Florida Today. 

But since I know from long and bitter experience the accuracy rate of any major media outlet, he might end up being anything between Lance Corporal and Vice Admiral.

I think wheather his rank is Captain or Commander is kinda irrelevant to the story.

Westernslope

Commander Oefelein was a CAP Cadet and mentioned in the January Issue of the RMR newsletter.

http://rmrcap.us/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=70&func=fileinfo&id=45     Page 9

SAR-EMT1

C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: flyguy06 on February 07, 2007, 10:08:11 PM
Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on February 07, 2007, 05:29:25 AM

I think wheather his rank is Captain or Commander is kinda irrelevant to the story.

I know, but somebody back a way posted that they thought he was also a naval captain.

Tags - MIKE

JohnKachenmeister

Quote from: Westernslope on February 08, 2007, 12:23:24 AM
Commander Oefelein was a CAP Cadet and mentioned in the January Issue of the RMR newsletter.

http://rmrcap.us/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=70&func=fileinfo&id=45     Page 9

That would explain why he had women fighting over him.  Cadets, and ex-cadets, are HOT >:D