Main Menu

CAPM 39-1 question

Started by Kayll'b, July 08, 2019, 11:10:02 PM

Kayll'b

6.3.1.1.2. Bracelets. Ankle bracelets are not authorized. Members may wear one
bracelet around their wrist. If worn, the bracelet will be conservative (moderate, being within reasonable
limits; not excessive or extreme) (which is defined as plain, not drawing attention or faddish) in design,
no wider than ½ inch, gold or silver in color, and will not have any inappropriate pictures or writing.
Medical alert/identification bracelets are authorized; however, if worn, they will be conservative
(moderate, being within reasonable limits; not excessive or extreme) (which is defined as plain, not
drawing inappropriate attention or faddish). Gemstones/tennis bracelets may only be worn with the mess
dress uniform. Bracelets espousing support for cause, philosophy, individual or group are not authorized
(Exception: Traditional metal POW/MIA/KIA bracelets, which come in colors besides silver, bronze, or
gold, remain authorized).
6.3.1.1.3. Watches. Must be conservative and only one can be worn around the
wrist while in uniform. Conservative examples (not all-inclusive) are solid color black, brown, silver or
gold. Prohibited examples are diamond covered, neon, bright colors, and bands that exceed 1-inch width.

I've always been told that you can wear 1 watch or 1 bracelet, however; this reads that you are allowed to wear both.

Is that just me, or am I reading that wrong???
C/Capt

Mitchell # 69847

Squadron Cadet Leadership officer

GCAC Recorder

Eclipse

It doesn't prohibit both.

"That Others May Zoom"

CAPCom

You are not reading it wrong and yes, you can wear both.

Abby.L

Quote from: Kayll'b on July 08, 2019, 11:10:02 PM
...been told...
Found your problem. Who told you that only one or the other is allowed? Was it the regulation? Because unless the person told you exactly what's quoted in the regulation(Which they apparently didn't), then they are wrong.
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013