Main Menu

Antonio Pineda

Started by CAP428, February 05, 2007, 03:33:24 AM

CAP428

**Disclaimer:  I'm not trying to stir up any kind of controversy here, but I've noticed throughout posts and stuff that a lot of people don't like our National Commander, or at least don't like his management of CAP.  I looked at a poll at capblog.typepad.com that said "Should Tony Pineda step down?"  A whopping 90% said yes, only 10% said no.  There was no "I don't know" or "maybe" option, or anything.

The poll says 767 people have voted. That means approx. 690 people said yes, while only about 77 people said no.

So my question to you is:  Why do you not like what Pineda is doing?  Or, if you do like it, why?  BTW, I have no opinion on the matter, because I don't really know if he's doing a good job or not.  So, I guess my vote is "No" because I have no reason to say otherwise.

Now for your thoughts...

CAP428

13 users online, 30 minutes passed, possibly-controversial topic on the table, a poll that says 90% disapprove, and no comments??  :o  I am surprised.

I am truly interested in people's thoughts.  I will wait longer....maybe people just haven't noticed the thread yet :)

Smokey

SuperBowl Sunday.....Bears fans in mourning and you wonder why no one answered yet....... :o
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

Guardrail

CAP428, maybe you might want to do a poll on here, just like the one on www.capblog.typepad.com, to see what the concensus is on Maj Gen Pineda.

This may help you in finding out where people stand on this issue.  

CAP428

Quote from: Smokey on February 05, 2007, 04:13:48 AM
SuperBowl Sunday.....Bears fans in mourning and you wonder why no one answered yet....... :o

*[slaps self in head]*  EUREKA!  Of course.  How could I have forgotten??

I'm not much of a football fan.  I like baseball much better.  But that puppy bowl...man, who can get enough of that...hahahahahaha.

Quote from: Guardrail on February 05, 2007, 04:14:42 AM
CAP428, maybe you might want to do a poll on here, just like the one on www.capblog.typepad.com, to see what the concensus is on Maj Gen Pineda.

Good idea.  How do I go about that?  Can you do so after the thread has already started?  Or do we start a new one?

CAP428

Allrighty...this thread is hereby "LOCKED" so that you can vote and comment in the poll thread I have created.  So please put your comments there.

And could a mod possibly help me out by "officially" locking the thread, so as not to start dual discussions?  Thanks!

Pylon

Quote from: Guardrail on February 05, 2007, 04:14:42 AM

And what will that poll accomplish?

People build opinions based on reasons.  Finding out what their end result opinion, yes or no, doesn't get you any closer to figuring out what the membership's issues are.  Asking people what their thoughts and reasonings are would get you a lot closer.   But nonetheless, the membership has no choice in the selection of the National Commander or the removal of the current one -- good, indifferent, or bad.  It seems to be a fairly moot point to me, especially after the complete littany of threads already on here that deal with "What are CAP's problems", "Where should CAP go next", and "My idea for revolutionizing CAP is...".

Quote from: CAP428 on February 05, 2007, 04:29:08 AM
And could a mod possibly help me out by "officially" locking the thread, so as not to start dual discussions?  Thanks!

I'm going to lock the thread, but for different reasons.

See our Code of Conduct for more information.  The short of it is that discussions of this nature: singling out problems and complaints about an individual person in a public forum is not only distasteful, it's unprofessional.    Discussions about the directions and decisions of National leadership as a group or entity, and leadership scenarios where names aren't named and units aren't identified, are one thing.    But a discussion on "Why is JOHN DOE a bad leader," whether he's the Podunk Composite Squadron Assistant Testing Officer or the National Commander, is a bit over the line.

Again, for clarification, see our long-standing Code of Conduct.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP