bragging rights!

Started by whatevah, February 23, 2005, 08:11:19 PM

Spartan

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on May 08, 2012, 07:09:07 PM
Wait... Is there another belief about charms?
It isn't so much another belief, but a matter of the variation in the ritual that goes with the belief.  My younger brother said that in his battallion he had to burn them when he found them and that was enough.  We had to sacrifice something good, poundcake for example, with the charms.  If not, it would rain or snow or rain and snow.  I've run into a guy from 1st Armored who said as long as they were thrown away with the rest of the garbage and not consumed, they would not unleash bad weather.

manfredvonrichthofen

When we got them it was supposed to be burned as well... But I kept my last pack from Afghanistan.

We would sometimes be jerks and would mess with new privates and tell them to eat the charms, to just eat them like skittles, just open them up and chew them up. It was really cool the first time we did it to one too, he ate them just like we told him to and our PSG saw it and yelled at him that if it rained it would be his fault and he would smoke him until it stopped raining because it was the only way to get it to stop... It did rain, and hard for about two hours, and he smoked him in the rain the whole time. Needles to say he barfed those charms back up and was made to bury them.

Spartan

We did similar things at Drum, but FNG's would end up getting smoked until it stopped snowing.  If you have never been to Drum during a snowstorm, we had almost 4 1/2 feet fall in my company area in 24 hours in the winter of 2006-2007.  We didn't have to do much more than hand the FNG a shovel and tell him to go to work >:D

I think we've hijacked this thread long enough. 

paul83814

GES
ACUT
IS 100/200/700/800
ICS300
GTM 3
UDF*
SET

currently working on MS
Paul Brand, Capt CAP
Personnel & Admin Officer, IT Officer, Asst. Comm. Officer
Coeur d Alene Composite Squadron

"The best portion of a good man's life is the little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love." --William Wordsworth

AirDX

Added LO in March and GTM3 today.
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

old141pilot

New to CAP so not much BCUT, FEMA, SET, GES but I'm going to NESA next month to work on a couple.

bflynn

POD = Points of Distribution, or handing out food, water, tarps and/or blankets during an emergency.

C/Haughey

GES
SET
IS-100
IS-700
UDF*
GTM3*

Think that's it... I only need one more mission for UDF basically and still have one more mission plus a lot of other stuff for GTM3. Looking to get involved as much as possible in the ES area. Will expand a lot when I turn 18 next year.
C/2nd Lt Haughey
Cadet Commander, 089th MACS

C/Lt Col, AFJROTC
Cadet Commander, FL-20056

metalscorp5

GTL
GTM 1
BCUT
UDF
IS 100/200/700

Still just geting started though!

SJFedor

Not that CAP cares, but as of 2 weeks ago, Nationally Registered and State of Tennessee licensed Paramedic!!

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

a2capt

But .. but ....

http://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/donate/ <-- CAP Cares.
(I was looking for that funky graphic ... seems to be gone..)

Seriously, though ... Congratulations! 

Cap'n

UDF
MRO
GTM3

I'll hopefully be able to start working on more qualifications next summer.

rjfoxx

I claim bragging rights for two of my cadets.  This weekend the DEWG had a SAREVAL which was rated as "SUCCESFUL".  Two of my cadets were working as MSA's in the Planning Section.  The section received an "EXCELLENT".  During the debriefing, my two cadets were singled-out by the CAP-USAF Detachment CC as "OUTSTANDING" and received challange coins.  Way to go Jake and Andrea!! 
Major Richard J Foxx, CAP
Health Service Officer - DEWG
IG Inspector - DEWG

SJFedor

Quote from: a2capt on August 10, 2012, 07:53:32 PM
But .. but ....

http://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/donate/ <-- CAP Cares.
(I was looking for that funky graphic ... seems to be gone..)

Seriously, though ... Congratulations!

Thanks.

And while a good and noble idea, it kinda cracks me up that it's like "CAP Cares...now send more money to us!"

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Garibaldi

several of our cadets were honor flight cadets at encampment. a good third of them were basics.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Майор Хаткевич

We have a member who went from 101 card to GTL in under 1.5 months. GTM3 locally and then off to NESA.

a2capt

GML?
Trying deductive reasoning on the typo, but .. ;-) I'm suspecting GTL, but that M is a long way from the T.

Майор Хаткевич

MSmith95

ACUT
IS200
MSA
GES
IS700
SET
GTM1
IS800
UDF
IS100
MRO

Annnnd, I'm taking ICS 300 and 400 soon; plus working on FLM

Madison Smith
Bessemer Composite Squadron
SER-AL-087
-GSAR Junkie :)

krnlpanick

My turn - since I joined in May:

ACUT
IS200
MS*
GES
IS700
SET
IS100
MRO
UDF*
GTM3*
CAPDL

Asst. ES Training Officer - Squadron
Asst. Recruiting and Retention Officer - Squadron
Asst. Communications Officer - Squadron
Transportation Officer - Wing

I think I accomplished a pretty decent amount in 3 months. More to come before the end of Sept. Woot!
2nd Lt. Christopher A. Schmidt, CAP