bragging rights!

Started by whatevah, February 23, 2005, 08:11:19 PM

coolkites

those are not test required (by my knowledge) for anything CAP related but I saw somebody else list there ESF #9 and figured that I might as well list the ones I have passed. I repeat these are not required for anything CAP I tock them because I was bored and felt like it.

I Listed *WS because that is something I am hoping to start eventually I shouldn't have listed that I guess sorry

Brownsville

GTM1
MRO

Oh and did I mention that I'm a member of the number 1 ground team in the nation.

Major Carrales

Quote from: Brownsville on September 07, 2009, 02:53:19 AM
GTM1
MRO

Oh and did I mention that I'm a member of the number 1 ground team in the nation.

You must be talking about SWR-TX-091.  Never fear...SWR-TX-026 is taking steps to follow in your footsteps.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

coolkites

Hmm do I sense a rivalry here. (rivalry is good it keeps everyone working harder)

Major Carrales

Quote from: coolkites on September 08, 2009, 02:27:17 AM
Hmm do I sense a rivalry here. (rivalry is good it keeps everyone working harder)

Not so much rivalry as it is good ole friendship.

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Eclipse

GTM1
MRO

You must be from Illinois, then.

"That Others May Zoom"

Major Carrales

Quote from: Eclipse on September 08, 2009, 02:40:27 AM
GTM1
MRO

No, but he does need to make sure that he can BRIDGE the WATERS between his and other units.  ;)

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Eclipse

Quote from: Major Carrales on September 08, 2009, 02:49:34 AM
Quote from: Eclipse on September 08, 2009, 02:40:27 AM
GTM1
MRO

No, but he does need to make sure that he can BRIDGE the WATERS between his and other units.  ;)

Got it. He also didn't say which nation, so there's that as well...

"That Others May Zoom"

BTCS1*

Quote from: coolkites on August 20, 2009, 03:33:51 AM
IS-100
IS-700
ESF #1 (IS-801)
ESF #2 (IS-802)
ESF #5 (IS-805)
ESF #6 (IS-806)
ESF #9 (IS-809)
ESF #10 (IS-810)
GES
SET
*MRO
*MSA
*FLM
*GTM
*UDF
*WS

Ya I'm doing a ridiculous amount of training
have been on several SAREXES including one that turned into a real mission. The Becker picked up a hit while we where returning the 182 to its correct base
1. Last I checked you can only train in 3 specialties at one time.
2. I now am GTM3 and UDF qualfied!
C/2d Lt. B. Garelick, CAP

SarDragon

The training in only three specialties ended when paper 101Ts went away, a bunch of years ago. Currently there is no limitation, and until they fixed the software, having a signoff for a common task would turn you on as a trainee in anything that required that task (BCUT comes to mind).
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

BTCS1*

I did not know that, thanks for the info! Now which other specialties to train in... Hmmmm...

Pingree1492

Quote from: SarDragon on February 17, 2010, 08:41:31 AM
The training in only three specialties ended when paper 101Ts went away, a bunch of years ago. Currently there is no limitation, and until they fixed the software, having a signoff for a common task would turn you on as a trainee in anything that required that task (BCUT comes to mind).

No, it doesn't.  You still need commander approval to be listed as a trainee in each specialty. 

The system WILL carry over individual task sign-offs for all specialties that share that common task.  But it doesn't automatically make you a trainee for that specialty.
On CAP Hiatus- the U.S. Army is kindly letting me play with some of their really cool toys (helicopters) in far off, distant lands  :)

SarDragon

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted it, and then didn't feel like changing it.

When the system first came online, it actually worked that way, but when they added the commander's validation after each qual segment (Pre req, and Fam & Prep), it went away.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Christensen

For what it counts:
GES
GTM3

Our squad has NEVER gone on a search and rescue. all the ones our wing gets (which is rarely) are down south (i'm in very north end). so even if we were asked to come down it'd be hard.  So i have no real experinces under my belt. maybe some day :)

C/2dLt Kelsi Christensen
Cache Valley Composite Sqadron
RMR-UT-049
C/Capt Kelsi Christensen, CAP
Cache Valley Composite Squadron
RMR-UT-049

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Kelso on March 14, 2010, 05:14:12 AM
Our squad has NEVER gone on a search and rescue. all the ones our wing gets (which is rarely) are down south (i'm in very north end). so even if we were asked to come down it'd be hard.  So i have no real experinces under my belt. maybe some day :)

I for one hope that you never have the opportunity to have to deploy what you've learned.  Kind of like hoping someone will get in a car accident so you can save their life...good job though on getting your training going!
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

BTCS1*

Personaly, I always (in the back of my head) hope for a non-distress ELT to go off. Then again, its distress untill you find it and see its non-distress...

davidb1986

I'm about to rejoin but before I left CAP I had:

GTL
GTM 2,3
MRO
UDF
SET
FLM*
GTM1*

Wolfman21

CERT*
FLM*
UDF*
GTM3*
MSA*
SET
GES
IS-100 and 700
cert for SDIS
ive been on 3 ELT missions and 1 DR Pres. declare Mission
all i need for FLM UDF GTM 3 and to get trainee stat for some others is BCUT
congratson all of your quals and a big thanks to all CAP cadets and senior members  to all who serve proudly and selflessly along with the helpful support of their family friends and all who contribute   :clap:  8)
C/SrA Kidd
Element leader
GLR-KY-216
Ft. Campbell composite squadron
"EAGLES OF MERCEY"

Wolfman21

Quote from: Major Carrales on September 07, 2009, 02:58:34 AM
GTM1
MRO

You must be talking about SWR-TX-091.  Never fear...SWR-TX-026 is taking steps to follow in your footsteps.

KY-216 has bragging rights for FASTEST FIND OF AN ELT if ANYONE has beat our recently set record of 15 MINUTES tell me and by the way we have the bragging rights for ever on  finding an ELT in 15 minutes in one of the best and most secret and crowed places on an airfield.....Ft. Campbell and it was the 19th ASOS (160th for the ones familiar with them)  and anyone who knows them knows what its like there. 8) but can't say anymore bout them like i said there very protective bout what people that's been there say :-X sorry :-\
C/SrA Kidd
Element leader
GLR-KY-216
Ft. Campbell composite squadron
"EAGLES OF MERCEY"

a2capt

The speed to find an ELT is hardly debatable, considering there are so many variables involved. The call, the launch,  getting on scene, etc.

IE, in most scenarios it takes 15 minutes just for the WMAO to record the call from AFRCC and call the first or second IC.

Oh, so you're on "scene" already, thats like getting a first class seat on The Amazing Race, of course you're going to get there "in record time". Normally, it even takes about 15 minutes to get from a front gate to a flight line on a military base, maybe even 15 minutes from the security check at the flight line entrance.

So... ;-)