NHQ Uniform Committee

Started by LtCol White, November 14, 2007, 06:15:02 PM

LtCol White

There are 5 on the committee and once things are compiled they will be reviewed at NHQ for consideration before submission to the NB and USAF
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

RiverAux

Quote-- Adopt the Air Force's heraldry standards, from unit emblems to who gets a flag versus a guidon. This means wings get shields, squadrons get discs and wing flags carry the shield instead of the CAP shield (just like the real Air Force). Wing patches are getting uglier all the time, so we ought to insist on going back to the heritage insignias, but instead in a shield. (For instance, Florida would go back to the gator.)
There should be a national level office with the authority to approve these designs.  Wing Commanders have been known to approve some pretty horrific designs.  Since you're only working on the uniform regulation you probably would have to stick with a simple statement about approval being required from National Headquarters.  The details would have to be worked out in another regulation most likely. 

thp

Authorize the flight cap with the Utility Uniform and the Blue Flight Suit.

JayT

Quote from: thp on January 08, 2008, 12:25:27 AM
Authorize the flight cap with the Utility Uniform and the Blue Flight Suit.

It is authorized with the Blue Flight Suit.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

tjaxe

I'm brand-spanking new to these forums as well as to CAP but as a self-confessed "uniform-geek" I thought I'd jot down some of my thoughts to mingle with the zillion others here:

- I suggest standardizing on army-style BDU caps and doing away with the camo baseball caps.

- I may be at odds with my fellow females on this, but WHAT is the point of the over blouse?  It just seems like yet another uniform item that can cause disparity of appearance among others.

- Is the floppy bow tie really necessary; especially since the tab is authorized for the corporate uniform?  I suggest the floppy tie be sent packing.

Question: Is the male version of the corporate coat authorized for females?  If not, is the female version available somewhere?

Another question... do you have any female CAP members on your uniform committee? Just wonderin'... :)

Thanks!!!

- Tracey, Captain
Public Affairs Officer, Professional Development, Logistics: NER-PA-160

star1151

Quote from: tjaxe on January 08, 2008, 01:55:39 AM

- I may be at odds with my fellow females on this, but WHAT is the point of the over blouse?  It just seems like yet another uniform item that can cause disparity of appearance among others.

It's a whole lot more flattering than tucking a shirt in.

(Says the person who hasn't tucked a shirt in since....ever)

Stonewall

Quote from: star1151 on January 08, 2008, 02:00:25 AM

My wife tucks her shirt in when wearing blues and I think it looks better, but more importantly, I think it's more in line with your male counterparts.

As my wife says "women who are heavier prefer the princess cut shirt that you can wear untucked".  Princess cut shirts are not an AF issue item, they're a personal purchase item and not required. 
Serving since 1987.

Pylon

Another question... do you have any female CAP members on your uniform committee? Just wonderin'... :)

Thanks for the suggestions, and for the errors and ambiguities you pointed out in the other thread.  :)

We do have a female member of the uniform committee.  It has actually been one of my pet peeves, so to speak, that uniform decisions that have been made in the past 5 years have largely ignored large portions of our membership.  To me, some of the uniform changes and rollouts went something like this:

"Ta-da!  Be impressed!  This is a new CAP uniform."
"...oh, whoops, we forgot we had females... uhh... let's see... here's a change letter to make some hacked options for females, though clearly not as thought-through as the original..."
"...oh, whoops, we forgot we had NCOs... uhh... let's see... here's a change letter to..."
"...oh, whoops, we never addressed what flight officers wear in this instance... uhh... let's see..."
"...oh, whoops, we didn't think about members who live in cold climates and didn't authorize any outerwear... uhh... let's see..."
"...oh, whoops, we forgot..."

The lack of thoroughly thinking through uniform changes as it applies to all members in  CAP has been a bit embarrassing, I think.  I hope we can fix that and it starts changing with this committee.  Thanks again!  :)
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: tjaxe on January 08, 2008, 01:55:39 AMQuestion: Is the male version of the corporate coat authorized for females?  If not, is the female version available somewhere?

There is a female version of the corporate service dress jacket; nearly identical in appearance to the male version except it buttons 'the other way round'.  ;D

Below is a guide I prepared for wearing the TPU - ahem - corporate service uniform.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

star1151

Quote from: Stonewall on January 08, 2008, 02:02:19 AM
Quote from: star1151 on January 08, 2008, 02:00:25 AM

My wife tucks her shirt in when wearing blues and I think it looks better, but more importantly, I think it's more in line with your male counterparts.

As my wife says "women who are heavier prefer the princess cut shirt that you can wear untucked".  Princess cut shirts are not an AF issue item, they're a personal purchase item and not required. 

<shrug>

I meet AF (not CAP, but the old AF) weight standards and still find tucked in shirts unflattering.  Then again, I'm a lot younger than most of the membership, which is probably why.  Who wants to wear a shirt tucked in up to their armpits?

Hawk200

- I suggest standardizing on army-style BDU caps and doing away with the camo baseball caps.

I haven't seen one of those in over a decade. No reason we couldn't eliminate them.

Stonewall

Quote from: star1151 on January 08, 2008, 02:14:07 AMI meet AF (not CAP, but the old AF) weight standards and still find tucked in shirts unflattering.  Then again, I'm a lot younger than most of the membership, which is probably why.  Who wants to wear a shirt tucked in up to their armpits?

I'm just not a fan of double standards.  Personally, I'd like an option to wear my shirt untucked.  In fact, until they let me wear shorts with service dress, I think skirts for women should be tossed out.  By no means do I think we should take away a feminine appearance, but women tuck their shirts in when wearing a business suit in the corporate world, why not in the military world?  Just my opinion.  Love it or hate it.

Besides, I think my wife looks hot with her shirt tucked in with blues, and no, it isn't up to her armpits.  It rests where it's supposed to rest, belly button/hips area.
Serving since 1987.

LtCol White

I'm brand-spanking new to these forums as well as to CAP but as a self-confessed "uniform-geek" I thought I'd jot down some of my thoughts to mingle with the zillion others here:

- Is the floppy bow tie really necessary; especially since the tab is authorized for the corporate uniform?  I suggest the floppy tie be sent packing.

Question: Is the male version of the corporate coat authorized for females?  If not, is the female version available somewhere?

Thanks!!!

Yes, we have 2. One is a USAF Academy grad and CAP SQ CC and the second is a female retired SNCO who is also working on the further development of the CAP NCO program.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Stonewall

Quote from: LtCol White on January 08, 2008, 01:58:24 PM
Yes, we have 2. One is a USAF Academy grad and CAP SQ CC and the second is a female retired SNCO who is also working on the further development of the CAP NCO program.

Okay, by deduction #1 female is Fifinella, someone from your wing.  Who is the other?  Is it OPSEC?

I'm curious to know who makes up the CAP NHQ uniform committee.
Serving since 1987.

LtCol White

Fifinella LAWG, Pylon NYWG, Chief Walpus OKWG, Me LAWG, Col Starr WAWG
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Stonewall

Quote from: LtCol White on January 09, 2008, 01:40:23 PM

Good, now for my cross country trip to go influence the decision makers to make the right decisions  ;D
Serving since 1987.

mikeylikey

No one from the midwest??  That is a shame!
What's up monkeys?

RogueLeader

Quote from: mikeylikey on January 09, 2008, 07:37:07 PM

No one from the midwest??  That is a shame!

What do you call Oklahoma? >:( >:( >:(  It's not in the NCR, but it is still the Midwest.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

RogueLeader

I can change that.  Wiki is NOT the only reference to what constitutes what.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340