Promoted ?

Started by Daniel, August 11, 2009, 10:14:54 PM

Daniel

Hello everyone,

This week has been special for me.  I became eligable for promotion to C/SrA. Which is where the confusion begins

Here are the facts:

1) I took an AE module and passed with an 89 or so.
2) I took chaper 3 in 21st century leadership passed with a 93
3) I attended 2 pt sessions
3.2) My 60 days was over the 11th
4) Eservices now indentifies me as 'C/SrA'

but I have recieved no email from national and my track record has zeros in all the places for the mary fiek and claims I'm not active.
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Wright Brothers No. 12670
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

DC

Did you pass your CPFT, or are you on a different Physical Category because of your medical condition?

What is your 'track record'? And does your squadron do a promotions board w/ a CAPF 50?

I don't know exactly how your unit is run, but usually someone will at least let you know you've been officially promoted and can wear the new stripe. At my squadron we do an official promotion ceremony with the Curry and all the milestones, and announce the other promotions at opening formation the following week.

Daniel

Quote from: DC on August 11, 2009, 10:27:24 PM
Did you pass your CPFT, or are you on a different Physical Category because of your medical condition?

What is your 'track record'? And does your squadron do a promotions board w/ a CAPF 50?

I don't know exactly how your unit is run, but usually someone will at least let you know you've been officially promoted and can wear the new stripe. At my squadron we do an official promotion ceremony with the Curry and all the milestones, and announce the other promotions at opening formation the following week.

The track record is offered in eservices

and we just let the commander do the promotion decisions
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

Airrace

All squadrons do things a little bit differently.

First check with your element leader and if you don't get an answer then use the chain of command and go talk with the next person in line in the chain of command.

majdomke

When using the Cadet Promotions application, it's not necessary to put scores in to promote someone. You just used the Admin tool and then select the check box to promote w/o them. This only works up to Mitchell however.

btw... its impossible to have an 89 or 93 on these tests because there are 25 questions and each question is worth 4 points. 88 or 92 perhaps... either way, I agree... you should be told officially you are promoted. The eServices part is just our effort to keep records electronically. Until they get a good way of doing them, ie integration with SIMS, then you need to rely on the squadron paper/electronic copies for everything.

Daniel

Quote from: Airrace on August 11, 2009, 10:59:05 PM
All squadrons do things a little bit differently.

First check with your element leader and if you don't get an answer then use the chain of command and go talk with the next person in line in the chain of command.

I AM my element leader :)...

I've already called my commander once today
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

Flying Pig

Give him time to get back to you.  Or see your commander at the next meeting.  At times, members (myself included) dont have a whole lot of time outside of meetings to deal with CAP issues.  It will get resolved.  And then youll get all of your back pay when it does! ;D

lordmonar

Okay....

If EServices says you are a C/SrA then someone entered that data in the system.  So I would say that you are infact a C/SrA.

Having said that......Check with your unit leadership before putting on your stripes.

Now...for the off topic comments.

1.  It is 56 days (8 weeks) between normal promotions not 60.
2.  It is necessary to PASS your PT tests not just attend them.
3.  You did not mention anything about Character Development or Active Participation.
4.  Finally just because you filled all the required blocks does not mean you are promoted...it still requires commander's (or DCC's) sign off before you are promoted.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

ßτε

Quote from: lordmonar on August 12, 2009, 01:03:21 AM

I'm not sure where you are getting 56 days from. My CAPR 52-16 states 2 months.

QuoteAll other achievements require a minimum separation of 2 months (approximately 8 weeks) between each achievement and milestone award (except as noted for JROTC in chapter 6).

IceNine

52-16 says 2 months (Approx 8 weeks)

So at the end of the day it's going to be another completely subjective decision by the local commander.

As little as 56 as much as 62.  The Reality of the situation is that commanders are going to promote on a meeting night somewhere close to the 60 day mark, which would be my argument for why they left that particular portion subjective
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Daniel

2.  It is necessary to PASS your PT tests not just attend them.
4.  Finally just because you filled all the required blocks does not mean you are promoted...it still requires commander's (or DCC's) sign off before you are promoted.

@2.. I am CAT IV they just ask that I attend and get into position.

@4 I know that. But if they didn't promote me why would eservices call me C/SrA
C/Capt Daniel L, CAP
Mitchell No. 59781
Earhart No. 15416

IceNine

QuotePatience (pā-shəns) is the state of endurance under difficult circumstances, which can mean persevering in the face of delay or provocation without becoming annoyed or upset
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Cecil DP

Could it just be that the Commander is waiting for an awards or promotions night so that he can have  1 big ceremony for everyone?
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

lordmonar

Quote from: bte on August 12, 2009, 01:07:49 AM

I'm not sure where you are getting 56 days from. My CAPR 52-16 states 2 months.

QuoteAll other achievements require a minimum separation of 2 months (approximately 8 weeks) between each achievement and milestone award (except as noted for JROTC in chapter 6).

National headquarters via knowlegebase told us that the standard is 8 weeks vice two months. This is so you can establish a schedule.  If cadet X is promoted on a tuesday then in 8 weeks later he is ready to promote again insttead of having to until the following Friday which whould havmean he would have to wait until the next tuesday anyway so his promotion time is now 63 days.   The word "month" is too vague.  Is that 30 days?  or does that mean if you get promoted on 1 Jany you are eligble for promotion on 1 March event though Feb only has 28 days?  But a week is a week, 7 days.  Even in short months it is 7 days.  So it makes it fair and even and cadets don't loose time due to the fact that we meet on a weekly schedule vice a monthly one.

NC Hokie

Quote from: lordmonar on August 12, 2009, 01:08:52 PM
National headquarters via knowlegebase told us that the standard is 8 weeks vice two months.

I'm no fan of using the knowledgebase for regulatory guidance, but this is the standard enforced by the Cadet Promotions application in eServices.
NC Hokie, Lt Col, CAP

Graduated Squadron Commander
All Around Good Guy

majdomke

When using the online eServices admin or SIMS, it won't let you promote until 2 months have passed. Ie. promoted on 12 AUG 09, next promotion date could be no sooner than 12 OCT 09 irregardless of how many days are in each month. This of course is different with JROTC cadets who might be able to promote every month depending.

davidsinn

Quote from: Lt Domke on August 12, 2009, 06:11:37 PM
When using the online eServices admin or SIMS, it won't let you promote until 2 months have passed. Ie. promoted on 12 AUG 09, next promotion date could be no sooner than 12 OCT 09 irregardless of how many days are in each month. This of course is different with JROTC cadets who might be able to promote every month depending.

I don't use SIMS but that's not how eServices does it. It's 56 days. I've done promotions that fast before and I always do them on a Thursday night so it's easier to keep track of. I always use the system to avoid snafus.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

majdomke

The regulation is pretty clear on this:
"Cadets may complete Achievement 1 any time after joining CAP. They may attempt the Spaatz Award exam any time after completing Phase IV (see paragraph 2-8g). All other achievements require a minimum separation of 2 months (approximately 8 weeks) between each achievement and milestone award (except as noted for JROTC in chapter 6)."

Previously the reg was 60 days but was changed to two months. I don't see how you could say any particular number of days based on that since there are different numbers of days in some months.

I guess if you think your way is correct, mention it to the IG officer when they come in for your inspection. Let them decided if you're doing it right.

lordmonar

All I know is that NATIONAL says 56 days.  I know the regulation says something else....but what are you going to do?

majdomke

Can you point me to the info from NHQ on this?