Main Menu

Water Trailers

Started by ♠SARKID♠, February 26, 2008, 06:38:07 PM

arajca

Gators, Mules, Rangers (Polaris, not Hawk Mtn), etc. are classed as utility vehicles, not ATV's.

sarmed1

thats ok I know some rangers (not Hawk type) that could be classified as utility vehicles........ (or mules or gators for that matter)

so its more of a gray area between ATV and licensed/registered vehicle

all we need is a boat and we are set......

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

mynetdude

Quote from: sarmed1 on March 01, 2008, 07:16:09 AM
thats ok I know some rangers (not Hawk type) that could be classified as utility vehicles........ (or mules or gators for that matter)

so its more of a gray area between ATV and licensed/registered vehicle

all we need is a boat and we are set......

mk

nevermind the boat, we need a zodiac!

jimmydeanno

See...this is the type of hygiene things that would happen to us - I hate rashes...

"Water makes US Troops in Iraq sick..."
http://apnews.excite.com/article/20080309/D8V9S64G0.html

Although it wasn't the potable water, we can see that this is a real danger that we would be faced with if we used these types of things. 
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 09, 2008, 01:01:45 PM
See...this is the type of hygiene things that would happen to us - I hate rashes...

"Water makes US Troops in Iraq sick..."
http://apnews.excite.com/article/20080309/D8V9S64G0.html

Although it wasn't the potable water, we can see that this is a real danger that we would be faced with if we used these types of things. 

I'm not surprised at that.  Halliburton has been skimping out on the water quality for years.  The only guy who wanted to speak out about it was the guy going from tank to tank actually testing the water, and the fired his butt right quick.

gistek

If you want a water buffalo for an event, contact your local National Guard. Most have access to properly maintained water buffalos and can safely transport them to and from your site.

Another source for bulk water is local water delivery companies. You know the ones that supply those 5 gallon bottles for the free standing coolers. Most have the ability to supply potable water on short notice to existing customers. With the companies I have contacted, "Existing Customer" means you have at least one delivery a month of 5 or more gallons. If your unit as a whole doesn't need that much water, perhaps one of your members would be interested in a home or business account.

I have a home account and love it. Yes, it's slightly more expensive than tap water, but it tastes loads better and I love the convenience of instant hot water. I have 2 to 3 three gallon bottles delivered twice a month.

mikeylikey

7 Years ago I was able to get Gatorade to donate 4 pallats of orange flavored energy drink.  We ended up with over 550 bottles.  We had so many we forced Cadets to take them home after the Encampment.  I have also had luck with Power Bar and Johnson and Johnson. 

Not enough people doing Activities take the time to write a one page letter.  I spent 2 hours writing to over 10 separate companies, each a form letter, and got back 10 replies, and 4 definite donation award letters. 

The National Guard loves to support Cadet activities!  I have received huge support in way of office supplies to MRE's to vehicles (don't tell on me). 

Off Topic....but I highly reccomend writing to bottled water companies.  Coca-Cola will probably support with limited quantities through their community outreach group.  All it takes is a letter!!
What's up monkeys?

SSgt Rudin

Quote from: mikeylikey on March 12, 2008, 01:31:54 AM
7 Years ago I was able to get Gatorade to donate 4 pallats of orange flavored energy drink.  We ended up with over 550 bottles.  We had so many we forced Cadets to take them home after the Encampment.  I have also had luck with Power Bar and Johnson and Johnson. 

Not enough people doing Activities take the time to write a one page letter.  I spent 2 hours writing to over 10 separate companies, each a form letter, and got back 10 replies, and 4 definite donation award letters. 

The National Guard loves to support Cadet activities!  I have received huge support in way of office supplies to MRE's to vehicles (don't tell on me). 

Off Topic....but I highly reccomend writing to bottled water companies.  Coca-Cola will probably support with limited quantities through their community outreach group.  All it takes is a letter!!

Typing my letter to Dunkin' Donuts now  ;D
SSgt Jordan Rudin, CAP