ACU Pre-orders Available

Started by MIKE, May 25, 2005, 10:03:48 PM

Cadet Bonnett

thanks. This Blue BDU stinks. lets stick with the camo uniform. One of the LT. from my squadron wears a blue bdu. It's navy blue. i remeber and he wears it with a blue cap... that lookks exactly like the camo cap.
Cadet A1C Christin Bonnett
Registered Peer Mediator
SET, GES Certified
NH Wing

El Campamento del Ala de NH aquĆ­ yo vengo.

SAR junkie

I actually like the ACUs. I had some issues with them before, but i saw someone (regular army) wearing them when i was at my basic encampment.  :o

I also think the Air Force should make up their minds. Im sorry..but just scratch the blue from the new BDUs or whatever it is they are going to do. i dont think blue is a practical color for any active branch.
but then again we are wearing woodland camo to do search and rescue  ::) but thats another discussion entirely  ;)
C/MSgt Caliguiri
C/CC
Centenary Composite Squadron ~KY058~

search and rescue all the way!

shorning

Quote from: SAR junkie on August 08, 2005, 09:33:15 PM

I also think the Air Force should make up their minds. Im sorry..but just scratch the blue from the new BDUs or whatever it is they are going to do.

Hmmmm...seems like you're a few months behind the issue.  The AF scrapped the "blueberry pie" uniform for something a little more subtle.  It's still got a slate blue, but the color scheme is closer to the ACU.  Overall not bad.  I'd like to see it in person though.

I've seen the ACU in person, and I have to say that it doesn't work in the desert.  It is too "bright" and still stands out.  Probably good enough if you're going to only have one uniform though.

At least the AF isn't trying some of the options the Navy is looking at... ::)