New USAF Service Coat Ready for Testing

Started by LtCol White, July 19, 2007, 08:11:21 PM

SarDragon

Quote from: Grumpy on July 21, 2007, 09:38:53 PM
Egad, I miss the old silver tans.
Hey, Olde Fart, want some cheeze with that whine? You miss nickel beer, too!
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Grumpy

What, am I dating myself?  That was the best lookin' uniform the Air Force ever had.  Rock Hudson looked looked terrific wearing it in "Strategic Air Command".  Or was it Gathering of Eagles?   ;D

Major Carrales

Quote from: Grumpy on July 22, 2007, 06:51:06 AM
What, am I dating myself?  That was the best lookin' uniform the Air Force ever had.  Rock Hudson looked looked terrific wearing it in "Strategic Air Command".  Or was it Gathering of Eagles?   ;D

Jimmy Stewart was in Stragic Air Command.

And there are the Silver Tans!!!
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Grumpy

Gee, at least I got the name of the movie right.  I didn't mean to slight General Stewart.  Rock was in one AF movie where he wore the tans (I hope).   ;D

SarDragon

Quote from: Grumpy on July 22, 2007, 06:51:06 AM

Hey, I wore those WIWAC, too. So there!  :P
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

ZigZag911

I checked IMDB, Rock Hudson wore the uniform in "A Gathering of Eagles", playing a wing commander!

Smokey

Grumpy is an olde fart...I can personally attest to it ...ain't that right Grumpy...(remember NCCF)
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

Grumpy

Hark!  Back in the days of yore I had the moniker "Senior Grump" on my filing cabinet.
Who is this person from my mysterious past, he asks?  Is it Brian Stover?

Camas

Quote from: ZigZag911 on July 22, 2007, 04:41:09 PM
I checked IMDB, Rock Hudson wore the uniform in "A Gathering of Eagles", playing a wing commander!
Those were the short-sleeved 505's Rock Hudson was wearing in "A Gathering of Eagles".   I don't remember the silvertans being worn in that movie at all.  On the other hand Jimmy Stewart, Frank Lovejoy and others did wear the silvertans quite an bit in "Strategic Air Command". Very different uniform.