New Member - what is the correct headgear for the blue fat suit?

Started by Nomex Maximus, July 06, 2007, 09:15:13 PM

O-Rex

Quote from: mikeylikey on July 07, 2007, 02:50:36 PM
^  Are they still selling the ultramarine blue ones?  IF so......WHY?

Ultramarine blue flightsuits have a phase-out date of 2009.

Vanguard's navy-blue nomex flightsuits are way too expensive.  there are cheaper ones out there: I got one for $185 (and no, I didn't get it on ebay.)

Also, I've seen folks with the blue utility uniform (looks like a flightsuit, but not nomex.) they are made of polycotton twill (like the heavyweight BDU's) and they FADE....

Once in a while you find the now-obsolete USAF Missile Crewman's 100% Nylon jumpsuit that makes a pretty sharp utility uniform (wouldn't fly with it, but it makes a good "mission base" uniorm.)

Don't know why, but I kind of like the blue bags (I'm not ditching the green ones, though.)

JayT

I wear the navy blue utility uniform as my normal duty uniform.

No headgear is required for it.
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

O-Rex

I got my nomex Blue-Bag though Aureus International for just a little over $200 including shipping.   You have to specify "no epaulets."

http://www.imall3d.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=FS10&Category_Code=fc&Store_Code=aureus

SARMedTech

Quote from: JThemann on July 11, 2007, 11:27:31 AM
I wear the navy blue utility uniform as my normal duty uniform.

No headgear is required for it.

Ive been tempted to do the same but evertime I think of getting one, I picture the fellow in the uniform manual who must truly be wear the nick-name "blue bag." Its funny...the women look fine in the CAP distinctives in the manual, but the men look like SOS.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

JayT

Honestly? With college and everything it was the best thirty bucks I ever spent. Add in a thirty dollar blue flight jacket that I can wear with the DFUs, and its a steal.

"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

DrDave

With the Aureus International flight suits, is their "Navy" color the correct dark blue for our new zoom bags?  (And I assume their "Royal Blue" is the color CAP is phasing out?)

Where do you specify "no epaulets" on their order form, I didn't see that option at the bottom of your link page.

Thanks,
Dr, Dave
Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."

O-Rex

Quote from: DrDave on July 11, 2007, 10:18:04 PM
With the Aureus International flight suits, is their "Navy" color the correct dark blue for our new zoom bags?  (And I assume their "Royal Blue" is the color CAP is phasing out?)

Where do you specify "no epaulets" on their order form, I didn't see that option at the bottom of your link page.

Thanks,
Dr, Dave

Their 'Navy' is Dark blue.  When I ordered mine, they came with epaulets, had to send it back.  If in doubt, call for verificaton.

It's a good-quality suit: as good as Flightsuits Ltd. (I had one of those in Royal Blue some years back.)  Zippers are black oxide, and the nomex material is of slightly heavier weight than the Sage Green Mil version.

DrDave

Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."

Dragoon

To answer your question.

According to 39-1 the headgear authorized for the CAP blue flight suit is either the flight cap (same one worn with the green flightsuit) or "CAP Baseball Cap" which presumably is either any ball cap sold by vanguard or whatever ones are authorized in your wing.

Interestingly enough, the CAP blue utility uniform which looks EXACTLY LIKE the CAP flight suit except it's not nomex, does not rate the flight cap.  Go figure.