New Member - what is the correct headgear for the blue fat suit?

Started by Nomex Maximus, July 06, 2007, 09:15:13 PM

Nomex Maximus

Hi -

I am new. What is the correct headgear for the blue flight suit (you know, the one that tells everyone I am too fat to wear green, and the one that says the Air Force like people to think I am actually associated with the Navy instead)? ;D

And,  does my leather name tag have to show my current qualification? I am in the process of transitioning from scanner to observer to mission transport pilot to mission pilot and I'd like to avoid having to get new name tags every two months... currently I have a "SR MBR" and  no rating even though I now am a scanner (ordered the tag a week before the squadron commander told me I was no a scanner)... and I am supposed to turn into a 2nd Lt  in October...

Thanks

John Babrick
MI-190

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

pixelwonk

Welcome to CAP Talk.

MIKE

Point of clarification:  Are we talking about the blue Nomex flightsuit or the utility uniform here?
Mike Johnston

pixelwonk

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Nomex Maximus

The BLUE flight suit, not the overalls. Also, what do they mean by the flight cap "device"?

I just got my flight suit three hours ago and am sending it back - need a larger size. Or a diet!

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

IceNine

flight cap device from vanguard
Product Number CAP0748OA price $4.15

www.civilairpatrolstore.com
insignia
cap devices
you will see this item as line item 5 with no image but the first image on the page is the same only larger
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Eagle400

Nomex Maximus, didn't they cover that in your Level I?  Last I checked, the uniform is discussed in the course. 

Pylon

Quote from: 12211985 on July 07, 2007, 01:06:27 AM
Nomex Maximus, didn't they cover that in your Level I?  Last I checked, the uniform is discussed in the course. 

Or you could not be such an ass to other people.

-----

Nomex -- In addition to the advice of people from here, check out CAPM 39-1, the CAP Uniform Manual.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Pylon on July 07, 2007, 01:13:07 AM

-----

Nomex -- In addition to the advice of people from here, check out CAPM 39-1, the CAP Uniform Manual.

^ WOOOOH!
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Capt M. Sherrod

How would you know what was covered in Level 1?  By your own words,
Quote from: 12211985 on July 06, 2007, 12:10:26 AM
Quote from: LtCol White on July 05, 2007, 11:00:58 PM
Why are you so active on this board with opinions on EVERYTHING but not a member of CAP?

I have neither the time nor the money for CAP right now.

Seems to me, and a lot of other folks on this forum that you should not be responding to questions you have no business or knowledge answering....

Nomex -- as Pylon indicated, 39-1 (Uniform Manual) is our guidance for most Uniform Questions - the grey areas can usually be filled in by the folks on this board who are currently members and are trying to make the organization better, rather than the detractors on here for their own personal reasons.  YMMV
Michael Sherrod, Capt, CAP
Professional Development Officer
Hanscom Composite Squadron, NER-MA-043

Eagle400

Quote from: Pylon on July 07, 2007, 01:13:07 AM

All I did was ask the person a question.  Nothing condascending in the way I asked it.  Sorry if it came off the wrong way.   

mikeylikey

Gentleman..........lets not discriminate against people based on thier membership status in CAP.  We all learn from members and non-members alike.  However........lets keep it clean!  I am trying very hard to improve how I "come off" on the board.  Less of "he is an Ass", more of "he is awesome" is what I am striving for! :-* :-* :-*
What's up monkeys?

JohnKachenmeister

Nomex Maximum... That's cool.  I like that!

Your flight cap device is the officer cap insignia in a reduced size that we wear in place of a rank device on the flight cap.  BTW... make sure you get the right flight cap.  A blue trim braid is for enlisted, we don't wear that.  The mixed silver and blue braid is for officers.  Get that one.  The solid silver braid is for generals.  

Once you are a pilot, and pass your form 5, you are a pilot regardless of follow-on mission qualifications.  Your pilot badge does not change until you reach senior pilot status, and that will take a few years.  There is no distinction between the basic form 5 qualified pilot, Cadet O-flight pilot, Transport pilot, Form 91 qualified Mission pilot on the leather badge.

You can be a form 5 pilot, AND a mission scanner as your only mission qualification.  You still wear pilot wings.

Alternative plan:  Get a golf shirt and a pair of gray pants to wear when flying until your 2nd Lt grade comes through.  There's no rank worn on the golf shirt.
Another former CAP officer

Eagle400

Quote from: mikeylikey on July 07, 2007, 03:18:38 AM
Gentleman..........lets not discriminate against people based on thier membership status in CAP.  We all learn from members and non-members alike.  However........lets keep it clean!  I am trying very hard to improve how I "come off" on the board.  Less of "he is an Ass", more of "he is awesome" is what I am striving for! :-* :-* :-*

I am also trying very hard to improve how I "come off" on the board.  However, I have a feeling that some people are going to be biased against me no matter what.  Some people are like that.  It's a fact of life.   

However, that doesn't mean everyone is like that.  I just wish that more people focused on the substance of posts rather than the delivery.  One of the problems with written communication is that things can come off the wrong way based on interpretation.  Such was the case with my comment about Level I and uniforms.  Had I said that in public, it would have all depended upon how I would have said it (and believe me, I would have said it with the right tone).

That's all.       

Nomex Maximus

Thanks all for the advice. I did read 39-1 and still had questions. Everyone at my squadron wears the golf shirt - which I just dislike.  Then, I went on my first practice mission and everyone there was in a green filght suit except me and my folks in our golf shirts. Since I just miss the weight limits by just a little bit  I need the blue flight suit and the manual isn't real clear about a few things.

Thanks again

--Nomex

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
My Theme Song

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

MIKE

I hope you ordered the new navy blue color instead of the ultramarine one that is being phased out.
Mike Johnston

mikeylikey

^  Are they still selling the ultramarine blue ones?  IF so......WHY?
What's up monkeys?

MIKE

Mike Johnston