Bringing Back the Blue Shoulder Marks and Nametags for CAP Officers

Started by Eagle400, July 03, 2007, 11:29:50 PM

LtCol White

The blue epaulets worn in the past were always very distinct and easily recognizeable from a distance.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Eagle400

Quote from: LtCol White on July 06, 2007, 10:39:08 PM
The blue epaulets worn in the past were always very distinct and easily recognizeable from a distance.

True, but I think if National were to bring back the blue epaulets, it would be more economical to take the blue AF epaulets and tack CAP cutouts on them. 

LtCol White

Quote from: 12211985 on July 06, 2007, 10:44:02 PM
Quote from: LtCol White on July 06, 2007, 10:39:08 PM

True, but I think if National were to bring back the blue epaulets, it would be more economical to take the blue AF epaulets and tack CAP cutouts on them. 

That would look crappy. They would cost the same as the gray does now. The machines are already set up and the only difference is the base material is blue instead of gray. Cost would be identical.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Eagle400

That sounds right, now that I think of it.  I stand corrected.

JohnKachenmeister

The Army used to pin things to the epaulet back in the early 80's.  They used to require you to pin the Distinctive Unit Crest to the epaulet sleeve.  That was a mistake.  It would tear the epaulet up so bad you had to replace them every month or so.  They only kept that requirement up for about a year.
Another former CAP officer

Eagle400

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on July 07, 2007, 03:29:41 AM
The Army used to pin things to the epaulet back in the early 80's.  They used to require you to pin the Distinctive Unit Crest to the epaulet sleeve.  That was a mistake.  It would tear the epaulet up so bad you had to replace them every month or so.  They only kept that requirement up for about a year.

When I was a cadet, I had to pin my grade insignia to the epaulet sleeve.  Never had a problem with it.  Were the Army epaulets made of a weaker material? 

RogueLeader

How often did you change pins?  Every other day for washing?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Ford73Diesel

Quote from: RogueLeader on July 07, 2007, 03:45:08 AM

I did not know you could wash shoulder marks. I should try it sometime....

LtCol White

Id do it to an old pair first. I'm not sure they are made for that
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

Quote from: markh on July 07, 2007, 05:21:00 AM
Quote from: RogueLeader on July 07, 2007, 03:45:08 AM

I did not know you could wash shoulder marks. I should try it sometime....

You really can't - they will get wrecked, and if you iron them, keep the hear away from the insignia as it takes the shine right off (experience)...

"That Others May Zoom"