Blue Polo Style Shirt Question?

Started by James Shaw, June 30, 2007, 05:31:40 PM

James Shaw

I have not been able to find any regs regarding what can be embroidered on the blue polo style shirt. I know yoy can have wings and some specialty badges on there but can you can anything else on their?
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Hawk200

CAPM 39-1 says: "Dark blue knit shirt with embroidered CAP seal on the right  breast and embroidered name and aeronautical rating or specialty badge on the left breast."

From taking it at face value, any CAP specialty badge you can get would be acceptable. I don't think Vanguard does them all though. And considering the C&D letters that have been sent out, if you can't get it from Vanguard, then you probably can't get them.

Recently, I saw a chaplain with his cross on the blue polo. At least they do that.

jimmydeanno

They do embroider the specialty badges at vanguard.  There are several people in my squadron that have theirs on their polo.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Hawk200

Quote from: jimmydeanno on June 30, 2007, 06:22:26 PM
They do embroider the specialty badges at vanguard.  There are several people in my squadron that have theirs on their polo.

What other ones do they do? I don't know which ones are available, I've only ever seen wings, and the chaplain insignia. I think a few people in my squadron have been wondering which ones are available, and I'd love to be able to tell them.

SJFedor

I believe they'll do all the GT badges. I saw an IC last week that had the Master GT Badge on his polo, embroidered.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

arajca

They'll also do the various specialty track badges.

pixelwonk

Why not call Vanguard?
Despite the snarky answers to that question, someone there (Beth Maul?) will have the best answer.
It's up to you to find them.
(800) 221-1264

Eagle400

Quote from: Hawk200 on June 30, 2007, 06:47:01 PMWhat other ones do they do? I don't know which ones are available, I've only ever seen wings, and the chaplain insignia. I think a few people in my squadron have been wondering which ones are available, and I'd love to be able to tell them.

Well, I know they do have the Professional Development badge available for wear on the blue polo shrit.  Here's a picture of Monty wearing his:

I don't see why Vanguard wouldn't make the other badges on the polo shirt. 

SARMedTech

Can I get my EMT badge even though its not a specialty? Nah...that wold be against regs wouldnt it? Curses.
"Corpsman Up!"

"...The distinct possibility of dying slow, cold and alone...but you also get the chance to save lives, and there is no greater calling in the world than that."

Major Carrales

Most I have seen with have "embroidered" wings and name.  I have seen some silk screened.  Are those CAP KOSHER?
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

Hawk200

Quote from: SARMedTech on June 30, 2007, 08:18:45 PM
Can I get my EMT badge even though its not a specialty? Nah...that wold be against regs wouldnt it? Curses.

I imagine that if they have the GT and PD badges on there, they could easily do an EMT badge.

At least now I can tell everyone what's available. Was gone for three and a half months, and ended up fielding that question while away. Nice to be able to finally give an answer.

Hawk200

Quote from: Major Carrales on June 30, 2007, 08:21:26 PM
Most I have seen with have "embroidered" wings and name.  I have seen some silk screened.  Are those CAP KOSHER?

The wings and name were silkscreened? I know of the blue shirt with the CAP seal silk screened, but not familiar with any other variations.

The manual does specifically say "embroidered name and aeronautical rating or specialty badge on the left breast". Taking the manual at face value, no, they wouldn't really be "kosher".

James Shaw

Thanks for the input. I met a few members at the NB who wore the shirt that had "other" things embroidered. I had seen the Cross on a Chaplain, a Regional Patch, and a DSM also. I knew the cross was allowed but wasnt sure of the Regional Patch or the DSM.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)