New Vanguard CAP Store Website

Started by CAP428, May 12, 2007, 03:22:52 AM

RiverAux

Quoteperfectly good Working internet store
I'm not defending Vanguard, but the CAP Bookstore web site was not at all user friendly and had many of the same problems in terms of category names. 

LtCol White

The old bookstore did have good cust service. The people on the phone were always helpful and nice.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

RiverAux

That is true as of the bookstore's last few years.  For most of its history it was round reviled and hated by everyone I know.  I point this out to remind everyone that the "good old days" weren't as good as was suggested. 

jimmydeanno

Ok, so I just received an order from vanguard, all personalized items...not a single thing wrong or missing.  However, there is a random clothes pin in the box with the number "3045" on it (not the order number)...anyone else get a lucky clothes pin?
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Hawk200

Quote from: jimmydeanno on June 12, 2007, 10:17:54 PM
Ok, so I just received an order from vanguard, all personalized items...not a single thing wrong or missing.  However, there is a random clothes pin in the box with the number "3045" on it (not the order number)...anyone else get a lucky clothes pin?

That's your Vanguard lottery ticket. The drawing will be the 31st of December. You get a nametag of your choice, complete with misspellling.

RogueLeader

Quote from: jimmydeanno on June 12, 2007, 10:17:54 PM
It's your Lucky Day :):):):):):):)
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

JCJ

Quote from: LtCol White on June 01, 2007, 07:33:38 PM
The old bookstore did have good cust service. The people on the phone were always helpful and nice.

Unfortunately, it was in the red a significant amount every year - which was a direct drain on our corporate budget.

From a business sense, it was a good move to outsource it.

Dragoon

Last report I got had it losing about $100K or so a year.

Annoying, but given CAP's budget, perhaps it would have been better to simply subsidize that cost, in the interested of making it easy (and cheap) for members to get new uniforms.

When you start considering member services as profit centers.....things can get dicey.

jimmydeanno

Well...this is unfortunate, Vanguard does not sell the AF Style BDU Cap.  They sell two types of baseball caps and the BBDU cap, but no BDU cap...  :-[
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Pylon

Quote from: jimmydeanno on July 11, 2007, 06:26:39 PM
Well...this is unfortunate, Vanguard does not sell the AF Style BDU Cap.  They sell two types of baseball caps and the BBDU cap, but no BDU cap...  :-[

Yeah, I could never figure that one out.  Your one-stop shop for CAP stuff.... except BDU caps.   ???
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP