The ultimate CAP uniform poll

Started by RiverAux, January 15, 2007, 04:46:23 PM

Which option would you prefer to be CAP's general uniform for adults?  

Current situation (AF-style, CAP, "civilian" uniforms
33 (50%)
AF-style only, but with no specific height/weight requirements (like CG Aux)
10 (15.2%)
AF-style only but with height/weight requirements
11 (16.7%)
CAP uniforms (Blue flight suits, BBDUs, etc.) only
10 (15.2%)
"Civilian uniforms" (gray slacks/golf shirts, etc.).
0 (0%)
No uniform at all.  Wear whatever you want.
2 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 65

RiverAux

Assume cadets continue in AF style.  Adult leaders of cadets to be discussed in another poll

MIKE

RiverAux, even the Aux has the blazer combo for the the people who can't fit into the CG uniforms.  Though it would seem  that there are some rather large Auxies that still manage to squeeze into a set of trops.
Mike Johnston

RiverAux

True, but they're not going to wear that out on patrol....

TankerT

This is the exact reason I suggested we create a "Uniform and Bling Design specialty track" in another form. 

I'm going back to trying to figure out how to deal with some training issues... since that is an actual problem that exists...

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

RiverAux

Folks, I am fairly surprised by the results of this poll.  The fact that the current mix of CAP uniforms had such strong support indicates to me that the board may not be as AF-centric as you might think by reading the posts. 

CAP428

My take on it is...why fix something that's not broken?  Sure people have issues with certain uniforms:  things they like, things they don't like, but overall, our uniform situation is not causing any drastic life-altering situations or anything.  In fact, it's doing pretty well.  So, my opinion is:  you wear whatever uniform you want that is currently authorized.  No uniform policy changes necessary.

Major_Chuck

I voted for the current set up, however that doesn't mean that I oppose the many, many different uniform combinations we have.

We've got way to many options and you can hardly get everyone in the same room to even resemble one another.  It destroys the whole 'uniform' appearance.

Chuck Cranford
SGT, TNCO VA OCS
Virginia Army National Guard

Eagle400

Quote from: Major_Chuck on January 18, 2007, 02:07:08 AM
I voted for the current set up, however that doesn't mean that I oppose the many, many different uniform combinations we have.

We've got way to many options and you can hardly get everyone in the same room to even resemble one another.  It destroys the whole 'uniform' appearance.

*bump*

I agree.  There has to be more uniformity with the uniforms of CAP.  The CG Aux doesn't seem to have a problem with this.  I think it would do CAP good to take a lesson from them in this matter. 

Here's what I propose: gray epaulets and nametags for all service uniforms (AF and corporate), the same nametag for both service dress coats, and the same sleeve braid/hat braid for both service dress uniforms.  It's simple and would actually save people money.