Main Menu

headgear in van

Started by LegacyAirman, January 16, 2016, 01:26:25 AM

LegacyAirman

It seems like I remember a discussion about this, but I can't find it. Anyone remember it and know where to find it? Thanks.

MSG Mac

Use the search function at the top of the page.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

LegacyAirman

I tried several variations of hat/cap/van/inside, etc and mainly got old topics with those words, but not what I remember.

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

LegacyAirman

Thank you. Those are good. I still remember someone posting something up an experiment with videos of the senior member wearing or not wearing headgear. It was also mentioned that 39-1 is silent on the issue (as was/is 35-10/36-2903).

Storm Chaser

We follow the same rules and traditions as the Air Force. Hats (cover is not an Air Force or CAP term) are normally worn outdoors only, unless there's a designated "No Hat-No Salute" area. A member can wear their hat while in a vehicle, but it's not required.

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

LegacyAirman

Boom! That's what I was thinking of. My squadron was in a parade. I wore my Service Dress (with flight cap). I ended up driving and wore my cap, thinking it looked more formal. I heard someone mention something about whether we should be wearing headgear in a vehicle and I ignored them, wanting to post this up after I got home. Thank you! (Did the Mess Dress fit OK Colonel?)

NIN

Quote from: LegacyAirman on January 16, 2016, 02:52:00 PM
Boom! That's what I was thinking of. My squadron was in a parade. I wore my Service Dress (with flight cap). I ended up driving and wore my cap, thinking it looked more formal. I heard someone mention something about whether we should be wearing headgear in a vehicle and I ignored them, wanting to post this up after I got home. Thank you! (Did the Mess Dress fit OK Colonel?)

mess dress fit like a dream

(me, on the right, with three guys from CadetStuff. Two of whom I'd known for years online only and literally only met that week, and of course, the incomparable Colonel John Knowles.)

ETA: Actually, this pic shows more CAP-Talkers:

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Luis R. Ramos

Why didn't you identify them? Some of us want to place faces to the handles used here... Or would you need permission from them to do so?
Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

THRAWN

Where is Korona's hair?!!? And on a more serious note, how is Colonel Knowles able to wear the Maryland Distinguished Service Cross? It's a Maryland state award and I thought those were no-go...
Strup-"Belligerent....at times...."
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

NIN

Quote from: THRAWN on January 16, 2016, 10:55:11 PM
Where is Korona's hair?!!? And on a more serious note, how is Colonel Knowles able to wear the Maryland Distinguished Service Cross? It's a Maryland state award and I thought those were no-go...

Aww man, I lost the bet that someone would turn this into a uniform thread in less than an hour.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

THRAWN

Psst...it is a uniform thread. But seriously, I cant wear my Maryland awards, why is a colonel who should know better...
AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

LSThiker

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on January 16, 2016, 10:30:57 PM
Why didn't you identify them? Some of us want to place faces to the handles used here... Or would you need permission from them to do so?

On the picture with the CAPTalk-ers:

From left to right:
1.  Cannot place the name
2.  Nin
3.  Col John Knowles
4.  Ned
5.  Lordmonar
6.  elkorona
7.  Jeders

Luis R. Ramos

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

Garibaldi

We went south today to take a tour of the Warner Robins AFB museum. When we  got in the van, I took my hat off, and one of the cadets said "Oh, the Major took his hat off, everyone." So, they followed by example.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

kwe1009

Almost 30 years in the Air Force and I never heard of issues with wearing hats in vehicles until I joined CAP. 

NIN

That's Al Sayre from MS Wing on the far left. Not sure Al's on here or not.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

THRAWN

AFRCC SMC 10-97
NSS ISC 05-00
USAF SOS 2000
USAF ACSC 2011
US NWC 2016
USMC CSCDEP 2023

Storm Chaser

Quote from: kwe1009 on January 17, 2016, 01:11:13 AM
Almost 30 years in the Air Force and I never heard of issues with wearing hats in vehicles until I joined CAP.

Welcome to CAP! >:D