UAV/UAS/Drone licenses and current / future use in CAP

Started by OldGuy, September 01, 2017, 02:52:54 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Commo on September 14, 2017, 05:15:34 PM
Long convoys, long flights.  It's simple, it works, and for safety: it helps maintain proper hydration.

And in a Charlie Foxtrot, it helps to re-hydrate again!  >:D

etodd

Gatorade provides multipurpose bottles for this purpose.  Hydration first, then re-used for... umm... un-hydration?

Not a recommended practice when you have both sexes in the plane. Keep it zipped up.  ;)

"Don't try to explain it, just bow your head
Breathe in, breathe out, move on ..."

blackrain

Quote from: blackrain on September 14, 2017, 12:07:19 AM

Forget fuel reserve my bladder reserve can't come close to competing.

Gatorade provides multipurpose bottles for this purpose.  Hydration first, then re-used for... umm... un-hydration?

I don't recommend the lemon-lime flavor.

Long convoys, long flights.  It's simple, it works, and for safety: it helps maintain proper hydration.

Commo

Actually...I have used a Gatorade bottle on long convoys. Wider opening was/is a plus. I also seem to recall some time ago Flying Pig suggested a Clorox bottle filled with Kitty Litter
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly" PVT Murphy

Commo

Quote from: etodd on September 14, 2017, 10:16:10 PM

Not a recommended practice when you have both sexes in the plane. Keep it zipped up.  ;)

it's not a preferred practice regardless of who's in the plane; that's not the point.  Among adults, there's courtesy, professionalism, and necessity.  If/when you're in that situation, everyone else looks somewhere else.

Mission and safety (hydration) are first.  Whether I'm in a convoy or on a glacier with three rope teams, both genders just show some professionalism, turn away, and admire the sunrise / crevasse / stars.

Back to CAP... this is nothing that should be done with cadets present, but why would cadets be on a 4+ hour flight? 

Gatorade bottles are easier for the men, of course.  No argument there that guys have it easy.

Commo

PHall

Quote from: Commo on September 14, 2017, 11:57:50 PM
Quote from: etodd on September 14, 2017, 10:16:10 PM

it's not a preferred practice regardless of who's in the plane; that's not the point.  Among adults, there's courtesy, professionalism, and necessity.  If/when you're in that situation, everyone else looks somewhere else.

Mission and safety (hydration) are first.  Whether I'm in a convoy or on a glacier with three rope teams, both genders just show some professionalism, turn away, and admire the sunrise / crevasse / stars.

Back to CAP... this is nothing that should be done with cadets present, but why would cadets be on a 4+ hour flight? 

Gatorade bottles are easier for the men, of course.  No argument there that guys have it easy.

Commo

You underestimate the skills and determination of our female service members. They've put way more thought into this then you ever will.

SarDragon

There are devices/appliances that women can use quite efficiently for said purpose.

When I have been faced with the Gatorade bottle situation (only twice as I recall), I draped a jacket over my head and nether area, did my thing, and got about business.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret