My doctor has told me to quit reading "Volunteer."

Started by JohnKachenmeister, June 08, 2008, 10:23:22 PM

mikeylikey

Since we are going for a lock on this one too......

What?!?! 

The guy is a freaking CAP Lt Col.  Which means he has been around long enough to know that is not the correct belt to wear.  Besides that, I thought we were harassing NHQ......for not screening pics better.  This is a HUGE prime example of them not doing a job they are getting paid for. 

This will be used to further the "well that Lt Col doesn't have to wear a blue AF belt, so I don't have to either".

Smithsonia.......I have no idea what the picture is for, but it doesn't further anything CAP.  One look at it and it only furthers Navy JROTC.  Is the Cadet getting a CAP flight Scholarship.....if so perhaps he could have been in a CAP Uniform. 

I will always be the first person to correct anyone on improper wear of their uniforms, because it makes not only them, but all of us as an organization look jacked up!
What's up monkeys?

Major Carrales

Quote from: mikeylikey on June 14, 2008, 06:10:30 PM
Since we are going for a lock on this one too......

What?!?! 

The guy is a freaking CAP Lt Col.  Which means he has been around long enough to know that is not the correct belt to wear.  Besides that, I thought we were harassing NHQ......for not screening pics better.  This is a HUGE prime example of them not doing a job they are getting paid for. 

This will be used to further the "well that Lt Col doesn't have to wear a blue AF belt, so I don't have to either".

Smithsonia.......I have no idea what the picture is for, but it doesn't further anything CAP.  One look at it and it only furthers Navy JROTC.  Is the Cadet getting a CAP flight Scholarship.....if so perhaps he could have been in a CAP Uniform. 

I will always be the first person to correct anyone on improper wear of their uniforms, because it makes not only them, but all of us as an organization look jacked up!

Slow down there , Bucko!!!

I can see our Core Values were lost on you.  You seem to have an unhealty need to ridicule the organization. And don't pretend this is a form of "correction,"posting images and making fun of people has more to do with having a good laugh than correcting a wrong.

QuoteBesides that, I thought we were harassing NHQ......for not screening pics better.

Harassing NHQ?  Seems as if that is the most inappropriate way to effect policy change.  Again, review your CAP Core Values as to Intergity and Respect.

Furthermore, you claim you have no idea what the picture was for...so why did you comment on the matter?  How did you "correct" anyone by posting these comments?  Did you investigate the origin of the photo and call up the Lt Col and explain he was inthe wrong?  I doubt it since you "have no idea what the picture is for."

Again, a stress on the matter that these "Incorrect, funny uniform" matters are no good in any way shape or form.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

RiverAux

QuoteWhich means he has been around long enough to know that is not the correct belt to wear.
Or he could have been a Lt. Col. in the Army in the Korean War who just joined CAP yesterday...

Although the young man is a CAP member, I wouldn't have used that photo with the press release just because he wasn't in CAP uniform.  Yes, I'd do the release but either try to find a photo of him in CAP uniform doing something else (or at least a headshot) or send it without photo.

Ricochet13

Quote from: jkalemis on June 11, 2008, 03:59:39 PM
Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on June 11, 2008, 02:13:01 AM
If I were a non-member, I would NEVER join an outfit where old men fly less-than-attractive college girls around to count birds.  I'd join the Coast Guard Auxiliary where they at least count bikinis and match them up with the number of life jackets.

:o

Now THAT is classic!

My niece says not to worry Kach . . . you know what would freeze over before she'd ever fly with you. >:(

mikeylikey

Quote from: Major Carrales on June 14, 2008, 06:22:05 PM

Slow down there , Bucko!!!

I can see our Core Values were lost on you.  You seem to have an unhealthy need to ridicule the organization. And don't pretend this is a form of "correction,"posting images and making fun of people has more to do with having a good laugh than correcting a wrong.

QuoteBesides that, I thought we were harassing NHQ......for not screening pics better.

Harassing NHQ?  Seems as if that is the most inappropriate way to effect policy change.  Again, review your CAP Core Values as to Integrity and Respect.

Furthermore, you claim you have no idea what the picture was for...so why did you comment on the matter?  How did you "correct" anyone by posting these comments?  Did you investigate the origin of the photo and call up the Lt Col and explain he was Ianthe wrong?  I doubt it since you "have no idea what the picture is for."

Again, a stress on the matter that these "Incorrect, funny uniform" matters are no good in any way shape or form.

Yikes.....hit a nerve with you huh.  You must be one of the guys that don't wear their uniform properly either.   

And....I think it is safe to say I can comment on anything I want CAP related that is posted in this forum.  Just because I may not have clue one what the topic, subject or issue is gives you no right to limit my abilities here.  So you "slow down there, bucko". 

Oh.....and I didn't post the pic, nor did I comment on it first.  Why don't you go harass the original poster.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
What's up monkeys?

Smithsonia

Those under your command are under your authority. Provide correction as you see fit. Those outside your command are not. Provide correction to those parties and your privilege to command will be questioned.. and you may be subject to an intellectual dressing down. In this case what you don't perceive or know about the picture is...
1. When it was taken and therefore the appropriateness of any of the uniform items.
2. All misgivings may have an explanation. Ask before you pounce.

I've been to hundreds of inspections. For instance, take the most formal of inspections at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery -- before each walker is released for their "duty on the wall."

I've stood with service men and women in uniform to watch this sacred ceremony, many times. If the Sargent of the Guard turned toward one of the audience or observers (in uniform) and took them to task for a uniform gig... what would be thought of the ceremony? What would be thought of the Sargent? How long would that Sargent remain in the "Old Guard."

Do your duty. Command those under your authority. You have a privilege. You have no further right. Examine your behavior and correct yourself, first. Be an officer AND a gentleman... Then assume your privilege to lead.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN  
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

mikeylikey

It is every Officers duty to correct mistakes when he or she observes them. 

You can lose your Commission just as fast for not acting and using the stance you wrote "they were not under my command" just the same as the actual Commander who did not act.  I guess my prospectives must be skewed, all the time overseas since 9/11 and all. 

I should try what you are suggesting though.  When I see a safety violation, I will just keep moving along, because in the end......"those soldiers committing the violation aren't under my command".

Oh and as far as Arlington, the AD Soldiers on duty there who are not part of the ceremonial changing of the Guard, will absolutely pull another soldier (Officer or Enlisted) to the side away from others and tell them how jacked up their uniforms are and how embarrassed they should be.  I have seen it done.     
What's up monkeys?

Smithsonia

Mikey;
No one on the Wall will comment on another soldiers dress except those on the wall, those under their command... even though they know more than you and God combined about proper uniform wear. The example you gave was a peer of the soldier, or commander of that soldier. You're comment about taking those outside your command to task for correction is wrong too. If you don't know what their commander said. If you don't know the rules they operate under. If you know nothing about "the local" Wing Commanders orders... you're out of order. In this instance if you know nothing about the picture, you have shown me much about your presumption of authority which not good. That's why I said "ask before you pounce". I didn't say, don't pounce. I wouldn't include safety "knock it offs" in this advisory. We're all safety officers. Stay on point.

The only way to have authority is to have a limit to that authority. Otherwise, you're taking away from another commanders authority and in doing so assuming authority to which you have no right. Asking a question first on a uniform gig... is not a limit for you. It is respect for another commander.
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

With regards;
ED OBRIEN

Major Carrales

QuoteYikes.....hit a nerve with you huh.  You must be one of the guys that don't wear their uniform properly either.   

What strikes a nevre with me is the unprofessional, pretentious and misinformed glee you seem to get from poking fun at other people behind their back.  I want you to read Smithonia's posts well, they hit the nail right on the head.

As for me being "of the guys that don't wear their uniform properly," that remains a testament to your misinformed delusions.  What's more it is an ad hominem attack that does not further the conversation.  I would seem that you have a lot to learn about everything from debate to civility. 

QuoteAnd....I think it is safe to say I can comment on anything I want CAP related that is posted in this forum.  Just because I may not have clue one what the topic, subject or issue is gives you no right to limit my abilities here.  So you "slow down there, bucko". 

The only limit to your abilities here are your own betrayals of purpose and intent.  Your comments read like those of so many trolls.  You had better believe that true debate and discourse is based on facts, supported opinions and deductions made from having the "most and best" intelligence on the matter.  Your above statement "Just because I may not have clue one what the topic, subject or issue is gives you no right to limit my abilities here." again betrays your credibility on the subject and relegates you, in the minds of myself and others I've talked to off line, to a mal-informed troll.

QuoteOh.....and I didn't post the pic, nor did I comment on it first.  Why don't you go harass the original poster.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

That is not germane to the discussion.  The fact that you did not post the original pic nor was the first to comment does not excuse nor refute your continued actions.  If you feel harassed, may I suggest that is more a problem in your court than mine and ours.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

MIKE

Mike Johnston

Pylon

And for clarification - we've already stated that posting pictures of individuals in uniforms and proceeding to pick them apart does nothing constructive.  We've asked to not have this type of unproductive, unprofessional conversation here, and you've all found a different thread to have it in.  At best, all you're doing is violating the Membership Code of Conduct.

I'm disappointed.  Go discuss something of professional value and please try to keep your comments and points above board.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP