Sortie Songs and Mission Music

Started by ♠SARKID♠, March 02, 2008, 09:25:15 AM

♠SARKID♠

Okay, I need some help for this.  I'm trying to create a mix CD for our ground teams.  We're very big on our mission music.  I have a pic of the playlist so far, and I'm taking suggestions.  I want more so that the CD will play a little longer during extended drives to mid state and such.  Some of the songs are on there by tradition and sentiment, so I'm not going to be taking any off, just adding.

And remember, lets keep it relatively clean...

Maj Ballard

If you're gonna have all the other Hendrix stuff, you absolutely cannot leave out "Voodoo Chile - Slight Return." While you're at it, "Who Knows," off of the Band of Gypsys album. :)
L. Ballard, Major, CAP

Bear Walling

Hmmm...

I could go on forever naming good tunes. But I will start with this:

Who made who - AC/DC
Livin' on the edge - Aerosmith
Save a horse, ride a cowboy - Big & Rich
Comin' to your city - Big & Rich
Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen
Where the river flows - Collective Soul
Heavy - Collective Soul
Anything by Creedence Clearwater Revival... You can never go wrong with CCR!
Elecric Avenue - Electric Light Orchestra
Here for the party - Gretchen Wilson
Hero of the day - Metallica
Heroes - Shinedown
Plush - Stone Temple Pilots
Black Betty - Spiderbait
C'mon, C'mon - The Von Bondies

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head

mamadinos

Theme from Mission: Impossible
On the Road Again - Willie Nelson (not quite the genre you seem to be looking for)
our squadron's theme - Axel F - Crazy Frog  ;D  (Ask Fifinella)
Michelle King, 1Lt, CAP
DCS, DO, SPO, ESO
Barksdale Comp. Sq.
SWR-LA 005

RiverAux

SARKID, do you actually go back in time on your missions?

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: RiverAux on March 02, 2008, 07:55:03 PM
SARKID, do you actually go back in time on your missions?

We were trying to find Jimmy Hoffa before his ELT's battery died.  But yeah, we kind of keep it a bit classic, fits the likes of both the older and younger crowd.

♠SARKID♠

Okay, me being the idiot that I am, I forgot that CDs can only take 80 minutes of playtime.  So when I asked for suggestions I had already gone over my time limit and had to narrow it down rather than add more.  I did take a couple of the suggestions though and made this final playlist.  I have enough that I might make a second CD.  If anyone wants a copy, let me know.

flyerthom

Luddite! Where's you're 600 gig Ipod?  >:D

Just remember to only play it in the van. It's hard to hear cries for help over Snoop Dogg!

(my suggestions - Garth Brooks the Change, Scorpions Winds of Change
Five for Fighting 100 years to Live )
TC

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: flyerthom on March 03, 2008, 12:54:13 AM

Just remember to only play it in the van. It's hard to hear cries for help over Snoop Dogg!

Yeah well, Its on CD so that I don't have to be there in order for the music to be there.  Luddite?  You're talking to the one who's hobby is to collect circuits, servos, and other fun stuff and keeps them in shoe boxes in his closet.  One box is dedicated to just deconstructed hard drives.

Pylon

Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

BigMojo

Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

floridacyclist

Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

davedove

What??  No one included "Welcome to the Jungle" ;D
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 03, 2008, 07:20:08 PM
Patience -Guns and Roses
Quote from: davedove on March 03, 2008, 07:26:27 PM

Sorry gentlemen, there will be no Guns & Roses on any mix of mine.

floridacyclist

I used to have that on the front tag on my Blazer 4X4; my brother-in-law came up with it one day as we were trying to get out of a hole, mud was flying wildly about and we weren't sure if we were going to get out or not.
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
www.tallahasseecap.org

jimmydeanno

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 03, 2008, 07:39:27 PM
Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 03, 2008, 07:20:08 PM
Patience -Guns and Roses

Is that because you don't like good music?  :P
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

LtCol White

LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

davedove

David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Ground Team Leader
MER-MD-003

mikeylikey

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 03, 2008, 07:39:27 PM

a tad bit of "awesomeness" was just lost on your part.   :'(
What's up monkeys?

♠SARKID♠

Sorry guys, I just don't like Axel Rose.

♠SARKID♠

My commander's making me put G&R on the mix...

Fifinella

How about the theme song from the Dirty Dozen?
Judy LaValley, Maj, CAP
Asst. DCP, LAWG
SWR-LA-001
GRW #2753

davedove

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 03, 2008, 10:24:47 PM
Sorry guys, I just don't like Axel Rose.

I understand completely.  Guns n' Roses is one of the last things I would have in my CD player.  However, they do have some good songs. ;D
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Ground Team Leader
MER-MD-003

jimmydeanno

You may not like Axel, but Slash is awesome either way!  Good on your Squadron CC - now that's a command decision  :P

RogueLeader

If you like Convoy, you'll love Wolf Creek Pass and The Galloping Goose, both by C. W. McCall

Rodeo by Garth Brooks
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

jeders

Quote from: RogueLeader on March 04, 2008, 04:04:51 PM
If you like Convoy, you'll love Wolf Creek Pass and The Galloping Goose, both by C. W. McCall

Not to mention Classified, Old Home Filler Up and Keep On a Truckin Cafe, Crispy Critters, and Round the World with the Rubber Duck (the Convoy sequel).
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

floridacyclist

Sounds like we're getting into all the old truck-driving songs. Don't make me pull out my $1.98 gas station 8-track of "Truckin's Greatest Hits"
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
www.tallahasseecap.org

Johnny Yuma

I'm surprised no one's mentioned The Imperial March/Darth Vader theme from Star Wars.

"Running down a dream" Tom Petty
"Mary Jane's last dance" Tom Petty
"Sickness" Disturbed
"Long Tall Sally" Little Richard
"Big Ball's in Cowtown" Bob Wills
"THe Distance" Cake
"Shine" Collective Soul
"Fortunate Son" CCR
"Have you ever seen the rain" CCR
"Bodies" Drowning Pool
"Dead Skunk" Loudon Wainwright III
THe Entire Metallica Black Album
"THe Bad Touch" BLoodhound Gang
"Here comes your man" Pixies
"Ballad of Palladin" Johnny Western

"
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

CadetProgramGuy

Metallica - Anything from "Black"
^^ - Whisky in a Jar
^^ - Turn the Page
G&R - Patience
^^ - November Rain
^^ - Welcome to the Jungle
Finger Eleven - Paralizer
Brian Adams - The guardian song

Just to start......

BigMojo

Quote from: Johnny Yuma on March 06, 2008, 01:16:53 AM

While that's in my personal driving mix...not so sure that's a good one with cadets in the vehicle...CPPT and all... >:D
Ben Dickmann, Capt, CAP
Emergency Services Officer
Group 6, Florida Wing

RogueLeader

There's also :
Catina Band
Flight of the Tie Fighters- during the escape from the Death Star
theme from the Great Escape

8 Second Ride- Chris LeDeaux
Stampede         "         "
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

CAPSeahawk8

Gimme Shelter  -  The Rolling Stones
Savin' Me  -  Nickleback
Cast No Shadow  -  Oasis
Jesus Just Left Chicago  -  ZZ Top
Little Wing  -  Jimi Hendrix or more fittingly in our work Stevie Ray Vaughn
Learning To Fly  -  Pink Floyd
Space Odessey  -  David Bowie

Its hard to narrow down, just load your IPod and bring it with you. Let your cadets pick and choose,
great for keeping their morale at a high level.

Capt Andy Wiggs
DOS/NCWG
DCC/MER-NC-022 Burlington Comp Sqn
"The Double Dueces"

A.Member

Holy crap, and I do mean crap...I hope I'm never have to be stuck on a ground team with some of you.  If we were armed I'd probably have to eat a bullet. :P  :)  And the Imperial March?!  YGTBFSM.

The problem is that we all have very different tastes in music.  Just as I wouldn't want to be subjected to the music from some of you, I doubt you'd like to be subjected to mine.  

Nonetheless, a few choices that might make my list are:
Alter Bridge:  Rise Today
Train:  Calling All Angels
Andrew W.K.:  Party Hard
Metallica:  Don't Tread On Me
Seether:  Remedy
Sevendust:  Waffle (Tom Lord-Alge Mix)
Sixx A.M.:  Life is Beautiful
Creed:  My Sacrifice
Shinedown:  Fly From the Inside
3 Doors Down:  Kryptonite
Kiss:  Crazy Crazy Nights
Slaughter:  Wild Life

and of course...
My Chemical Romance:  Teenagers  ;)  ;D
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Psicorp

I'm surprised no one's mentioned The Imperial March/Darth Vader theme from Star Wars.

Metallica did an adaptation of the Imperial March, it's a must have.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

mynetdude

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 03, 2008, 03:37:51 AM
Quote from: flyerthom on March 03, 2008, 12:54:13 AM

Yeah well, Its on CD so that I don't have to be there in order for the music to be there.  Luddite?  You're talking to the one who's hobby is to collect circuits, servos, and other fun stuff and keeps them in shoe boxes in his closet.  One box is dedicated to just deconstructed hard drives.

so you actually tear apart hard drives? I do too when they go bad, I have a pair of servo magnets on my refrigerator... they are so cool!

I have a ton of hard drives at our unit's hangar, I was going to let the cadets get a first look at them by having them take it apart which would MOST definitely satisfy OPSEC requirements to have the hard drive data destroyed by destroying worthless/useless hard drives that are 850MB-15GB we keep hard drives 30GB or more as they are obviously still usable for now.

mynetdude

Sorry to say I am not much of a music person, but you could put them on multiple CDs and make it possible for one to "match" the CD sets so they can put it on their iPod or mp3 player.  This is the reason for mp3 players/ipods so we wouldn't have to lug around 10-25 CDs to listen to all the music.  Have a set of CDs that people can get and they can download it to their device or play it in their car/squadron vehicles/home stero and PC.

At least you're doing something fun on the side to keep people interested and look back at the past as well.

♠SARKID♠

Quoteso you actually tear apart hard drives? I do too when they go bad, I have a pair of servo magnets on my refrigerator... they are so cool!

I have a ton of hard drives at our unit's hangar, I was going to let the cadets get a first look at them by having them take it apart which would MOST definitely satisfy OPSEC requirements to have the hard drive data destroyed by destroying worthless/useless hard drives that are 850MB-15GB we keep hard drives 30GB or more as they are obviously still usable for now.

Yeah, I love the rare earth magnets used to move the writing arm.  I take them and use them for my other experiments of death and various doomsday machines.

mynetdude

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 06, 2008, 08:26:30 PM
Quoteso you actually tear apart hard drives? I do too when they go bad, I have a pair of servo magnets on my refrigerator... they are so cool!

Yeah, I love the rare earth magnets used to move the writing arm.  I take them and use them for my other experiments of death and various doomsday machines.

Cadet... be careful with that! :D actually I'd like to see some! :)

Maybe I'll send you those magnets... not sure how the USPS would like that though ;).  Sorry I know we are getting off topic here, what are "earth magnets"?

Anyhow... great music project you got going here, I hope you stay in CAP a long time people will probably look to you for GREAT ideas really :).

jimmydeanno

Quote from: mynetdude on March 06, 2008, 11:26:31 PM
Sorry I know we are getting off topic here, what are "earth magnets"?

They're actually "Rare Earth Magnets" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare-earth_magnet

mynetdude

Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 06, 2008, 11:47:26 PM

They're actually "Rare Earth Magnets" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare-earth_magnet

Sorry my bad, I didn't realize the "rare" was to be included :) Thanks for the wiki

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: BigMojo on March 06, 2008, 01:36:26 PM

While that's in my personal driving mix...not so sure that's a good one with cadets in the vehicle...CPPT and all... >:D

Whaddaya talking about? It was the cadets in the back playing the song!

Besides - After having to listen to 2 females cadets discuss their underwear collection (just to embarass moi) there oughta be a Senior Protection Program!

BTW - these young ladies are now wives, mothers and senior members and still they do their best to make me blush.
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Johnny Yuma

Quote from: A.Member on March 06, 2008, 05:40:20 PM
Holy crap, and I do mean crap...I hope I'm never have to be stuck on a ground team with some of you.  If we were armed I'd probably have to eat a bullet. :P  :)  And the Imperial March?!  YGTBFSM.

Hey, when one of our GTM's in my Wing broke his leg on mission last year his teammates didn't even wait until the ambulance had arrived before they started calling dibs on his field gear. They did wait to start laughing at him until after they checked his vitals and made sure he didn't break his neck.

I thought I was being conservative. I never once mentioned all the Mojo Nixon and Horton Heat songs in my playlist.

" Skip a bit, brother."

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: mynetdude on March 06, 2008, 11:51:21 PM

Sorry my bad, I didn't realize the "rare" was to be included :) Thanks for the wiki

Rare earth magnets are toys for scientists.  They are extremely strong, and if you put a stack of them together, even a relatively strong person can have a bit of trouble pulling them apart.  The neodymiums that I have are so strong that you have to be very careful when you put two of them near each other; their strength causes them to accelerate so quickly towards each other that the magnets can shatter on impact.

[/sidetrack]

mynetdude

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 07, 2008, 05:38:35 AM
Quote from: mynetdude on March 06, 2008, 11:51:21 PM

Rare earth magnets are toys for scientists.  They are extremely strong, and if you put a stack of them together, even a relatively strong person can have a bit of trouble pulling them apart.  The neodymiums that I have are so strong that you have to be very careful when you put two of them near each other; their strength causes them to accelerate so quickly towards each other that the magnets can shatter on impact.

[/sidetrack]

and hard to pull apart ;)